California bound!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's pretty boring over there. it's waaaay to slow paced for me and my town sucks for excitement.
The people are good ole' country folk so I can't complian about most of them.

I'm hoping to find a job interview soon! havent received a call back yet. still waiting on west coast customs :lol:

Well it's almost time and i'm getting chills just thinking about it.
1)car is almost back S&R perfomance for block rebuild
2)need to let transport truck know by tomorrow when i need it picked up
3) I ALREADY HAVE A SUBARU JOB LINED UP!
4) Don't have to worry about packing since my sister and roommate are staying at my place so the big stuff stays. I only take my clothes,tools whatever i can fit in Subaru
5) plane ticket leaves 4/1 ........

man I'm so nervous. I'm not excited like I should be. I keep telling myself that it'll be ok but something else tells me that i'm making yet another sacrifice and putting my life second for mrs. taco. I've done it for almost 10 years and can't shake that feeling of regret for what I HAVEN'T done...:(

She's done the same for you on a lot of fronts too. Don't forget that. Your wife is your partner. You are 'one'. sacrifice everything for it.

I realize it but i can't get over me working to pay for her (our) goals while I sit back and put my life on hold and now while I'm about to enter a new chapter in MY career in sales I'm abandoning it.

I didn't realize how much I was connected to my community and dealership with all the exposure they've given me, TV commercials, local lead groups, banks now calling me to help customers, local radio interviews, local event interviews....we attend all of that stuff and it's kind of cool going place and being recognized and helping me with my career to go somewhere other than sales.

Granted I know I'll be back blah blah she'll be a vet and we'll happily ever after but with me being alone for the last year I got to admit......I like it. I've never been single living alone so as you can imagine it started with being lonely to now getting out and being myself and enjoying life MY way.

I don't know man. Being straight forward I'm going to California to see if we can be happy with the life I want and the life she wants. The separation has taken a toll and I want to give it a real good shot at falling in love with her again. I miss her but when I'm with her it's not like we used to be.

You won't know man unless you try. If you give it your all with no reservations you might just surprise yourself.

I'm a big fan of alone time. And you need to work that into your lives. Stop doing EVERYTHING together.

Send her out for girls night.
A different night, you do a guy thing with the boys.

If you don't lead seperate lives at least some of the time, you'll get bored and feel trapped.

Everything in moderation.

I've tried. thankfully she's been forced to in Cali with her friend getting nails done and doing little things in between the school madness. that was the problem here. I couldnt do much car stuff or anything because she either didn't like it or wanted to do something else.

I'm a pushover for stuff like that because 1) I want to please women 2) id much rather not get into an argument

When she wants to do something else, she needs to do something else with other people too. You need to have that talk. she needs friends and friends to do stuff with.

or, knock her up. lol she'll be busy with the kids

Just be patient, she'll be a vet someday and then you'll have a sugar momma. You'll be able to play all day and take care of the kids.

I'm a big fan of alone time. And you need to work that into your lives. Stop doing EVERYTHING together.

Send her out for girls night.
A different night, you do a guy thing with the boys.

If you don't lead seperate lives at least some of the time, you'll get bored and feel trapped.

Everything in moderation.

This is what the wife and I do - every Wednesday night I am at my same local watering hole with atleast 2-8 other friends of mine shooting the breeze. We have been doing this for over a decade through three different bars. You can also find me at the local hill snowboarding every Saturday morning or golfing every Sunday morning

My wife will go out after work with friends from time to time or go to her co-workers house for "bottles and brushstrokes" where her co-worker (artist) leads a group of gals on how to recreate a painting she has done. All the while they are gabbing away drinking wine. The wife/her friends also just started a card club just like their moms do back home. These things may sound cheesy but they work and help to keep from getting on each other's nerves

yup. They do. Introduce them to your buddies wives/gfs etc too if she doesn't have a crowd. Especially if you've moved, etc... it's hard to get a group up. MAKE events.
HOST people over for dinner and let relationships form naturally. evnetually, she'll WANT to go out with the girls too.

Just make sure all her friends aren't single and/or cheating whores.

yup. They do. Introduce them to your buddies wives/gfs etc too if she doesn't have a crowd. Especially if you've moved, etc... it's hard to get a group up. MAKE events.
HOST people over for dinner and let relationships form naturally. evnetually, she'll WANT to go out with the girls too.
IRL most of my friends are losers. lol. Unmarried, GF's they do have are complete drunks/skanks. My wife does not get along with them.. lol..

I need to find some friends in my area which are of the same age and have kids the same age. There should be a dating-like site for couples to meet up? lol

IRL most of my friends are losers. lol. Unmarried, GF's they do have are complete drunks/skanks. My wife does not get along with them.. lol..

I need to find some friends in my area which are of the same age and have kids the same age. There should be a dating-like site for couples to meet up? lol

They do - they are called swinger sites.....:ph34r:

Back