Cars with to much power Stock. . . ( rant )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When I have a kid, he is getting the best car $400 can buy. For two reasons: He will not be mature enough at that age to own a new(er) car and I know he will beat the snot out of it anyway, even if he denies it. He is very likely to have an accident too. And the second reason, when he does beat it up I want him to learn how to fix it. The first ticket he gets, I don't care if he turns right on a don't turn right on red sign, hes off my insurance. I'm 25 and already looking back at the stupid stuff I have done since I have started driving.

When I have a kid, he is getting the best car $400 can buy. For two reasons: He will not be mature enough at that age to own a new(er) car and I know he will beat the snot out of it anyway, even if he denies it. He is very likely to have an accident too. And the second reason, when he does beat it up I want him to learn how to fix it. The first ticket he gets, I don't care if he turns right on a don't turn right on red sign, hes off my insurance. I'm 25 and already looking back at the stupid stuff I have done since I have started driving.

i know a lot of mature 16 years olds that aren't fuck ups. if you take the time to raise a good kid, you could give him a porche if he DESERVES it. once again, it all lies within the parenting.

i know a lot of mature 16 years olds that aren't fuck ups. if you take the time to raise a good kid, you could give him a porche if he DESERVES it. once again, it all lies within the parenting.

I have yet to see a completely mature teenager, let alone adult. Sure he may finish school, go to college and start a good life, but that does not mean he will be the best person in the world. If we all were we would be like Saints and going to catholic school. I would just rather have him make mistakes on a junk car rather than spend a considerable amount of money on a new one. Some people learn the hard way. There is no perfect person. The writing is on the wall, look at the statistics.

:shrug2:

I was proud of my Civic and its capabilities- but it was just too much for the chassis to handle, so I moved up. The S2k is a much better platform to build on, and much more liveable at the same performance levels as a tuned to hell Civic on a daily basis.

I agree with the statements on the "easy stomp and go" cars, as well as the powerful engines in the sedans- but they have their own merits too. When you're talking about power, even the underpowered (relatively) S2k has more than enough to get you into trouble when you're playing in the twisties. This isn't coming from an amateur driver either. I'll still double the power output on the S2k before I'm done, but I'll never be able to use all of it on the street- not unless I'm running in a straight line.

As for power, even the stock S2k has enough to run down a 350Z on the highway. I didn't think it did, but it was easy enough. When I want to show off any kind of driving skill, I just get in my 100% stock engine Nissan Hardbody pickup with 170k miles on it and go tailgate the Miatas, 240s and Corvettes through the twisties. Now that's fun.

The mention of the SRT-4 reminded me of something. This last summer when I was in Puebla, Mexico (a large city about 100 miles or so east of Mexico City), walking around the downtown with the gf, we passed a Dodge dealership. While just strolling in front of it I saw a 4 door Stratus on a 2 foot pedestal on the lot. As we walked by I saw a FMIC on said Stratus. Obviously this piqued my interest so I went in for a closer look. Sure enough they had several SRT-4 Stratus'(called the R/T) on the lot for sale with the same 230hp 2.4 turbo motor. I thought that was pretty cool, and even though I'm not really a Dodge fan, and the Stratus isn't a great car by any means, it's still alot better looking inside and out than a Neon, and the rear windows aren't manual :ph34r: it doesn't say it's turbo'd on the messican dodge website, but it is. plus it's pretty cheap at 18k.

STRATUS R/T 2006$187,900.00 Mismas características del Stratus SXT ATX 2006 más:
  • Control de velocidad crucero
  • Acabado de imitación de fibra de carbono en el panel de instrumentos
  • Lámparas de niebla
  • Rines delanteros y traseros de aluminio 17" de diámetro
  • Llantas delanteras y traseras 215 / 50 V
  • Spoiler en cajuela
  • Motor 2,429 cc, 2.4 litros, 4 cilindros y DOHC con cuatro válvulas por cilindro
  • Potencia 225 HP @ 5,200 rpm y torque 232 lb-pie @ 4,200 rpm
  • Transmisión automática de cuatro velocidades con conversión a modo manual

Last edited:
I hated that car.

Correction for Cash: The "import" scene began in 1985 with low-riding Corollas on the east coast, and slightly earlier than that with the Rotary guys on the west coast. Well, rotary and Datsun crowd.

Honda performance didn't come around until... east coast.. I would say 1996. Even then shops were thinking I was NUTS for building up my CRX.

Goddam... I've had that car for 11 years.

Those cars were still sports cars though . . . hondas are not sports cars.

My bro in law is 21 / Owns an 05 STI "30K" / He's not a deuche bag, he is paying for it himself and prb. is as mature as a 30 year old in most aspects. He simply bought a car that had plenty of room for 4-5 people and that was quick. There's always going to be a few people who break the typical stereotypes. He doesnt think its the fastest car in the world, and doesnt intend for it to be he just wants to do suttle modifications for looks more than anything "such as a front mount conversion, GFB bov, ehxuast and other basic bolt on's, I dont see why people have a problem with subaru owners who only do the basics i,b,h,e? Especially if you want to take care of a car that isn't exactly cheap and you want reliability...

725893136_l.jpg

-As for me im not ready to purchase my dream car/cars. Im currently completly satisfied that I fully own my 00 trd tacoma / 03 corolla s / 95 Toyota Tercel and my 97 dx hatch and owe nothing on them its a good feeling "not to mention a few other cars i had but got rid of a 97 GS-T Spyder, And my wifes 03 1.8 T Beetle... When the time comes I will be purchasing a few random vehicles like a Jeep CJ 7 / or an old Toyota Land Cruiser, my wife wants either a newer VW Cabrio, or an older rabbit convertible, and one of my have to own cars is a 69 L-88 Vette. Take pride in modding your car the way you want and screw all the drama because you have the choice to be a part of it or you have a choice to do things on your terms...

Last edited:
I hated that car.

Correction for Cash: The "import" scene began in 1985 with low-riding Corollas on the east coast, and slightly earlier than that with the Rotary guys on the west coast. Well, rotary and Datsun crowd.

Honda performance didn't come around until... east coast.. I would say 1996. Even then shops were thinking I was NUTS for building up my CRX.

Goddam... I've had that car for 11 years.

honda/acura "performance" has been on the west coast since 1991. Up until then I saw noone with cars like me and my friends back in h.s.

before that, all i can remember is the nissan/datsun carb crowd.

Last edited:
Back