COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

does this do anything other than unlock that achievement? i dont get the standing in a field part

No, it's actually a game you can play. It's a text-based game. You play by entering text commands on the computer (for example, "open door" or "shoot gun") and then the game will respond with text telling you what happened as a result of your commands.

Games like this were some of the first computer games developed in the 70s. They were popular up until the early 90s. There are some still around today, but now they're much less common.

I think Activision ended up owning the rights to Zork a few years back, so that's why it's included...

All this does is enable a cheat of some sort... Once you beat the game you get the zombie map at the pentagon.

The Pentagon zombies map is HILARIOUS. I was cracking up listening to all the one-liners. Kennedy's lines are especially funny...

It unlocks all the levels so you can do any of them in campaign without finishing it, the other is 3ARC INTEL, which unlocks all the pieces of intel, if you use this one there's an achievement you can not get.

See this is responsibility. If someone had told me that and after I'd done it told me I couldn't get that achievement, I would have been fucking pissed. There's no point to playing the game without a goal to strive for. Achievements just bring that goal out.

So far I'm not entirely impressed with the online play. I have one good game that makes me want to keep playing until I start a new game, hit 3-4 people center mass in the chest while they're running, they stop running and quick scope into ADS and tag me in the face with some POS SMG. I think I may prestige once for online play and that'll be it.

Of course I'm still new to it as well. I have one perk that is pro, and I've only really worked on the M16 and Dragunov.

May just have to finish the game for achievements then go back to working on MW2 for multiplayer.

I'm thinking the same as James. I'm tired of just shooting someone 3 or 4 times and not killing them. I'm also sick of the hip fire being utterly worthless. These guns have absolutely zero accuracy.

The only j like so far is the intense map layouts. Some of them at just amazing. It really makes it feel like a good crossover from campaign to multiplayer. Mw2 feels like playing in a fishbowl compared to this.

so far i'm not entirely impressed with the online play. I have one good game that makes me want to keep playing until i start a new game, hit 3-4 people center mass in the chest while they're running, they stop running and quick scope into ads and tag me in the face with some pos smg. I think i may prestige once for online play and that'll be it.

Of course i'm still new to it as well. I have one perk that is pro, and i've only really worked on the m16 and dragunov.

May just have to finish the game for achievements then go back to working on mw2 for multiplayer.
online play sucks balls!!!!! I unloaded a full clip ext. Mag into a guy and little x the whole clip and then ran up on him and knifed him. He runs a full circle around me, in a corner wtf, and hits me with the his knife and i am dead. I even thought maybe i am just doing shity. So i watch some kill cams and yep 3 shots i am dead and i shoot them 20 times. Take 3 of my shots in there head to get a head shot! Online play sucks! When are they going to fix it?

Keep in mind that I only play hardcore now that I finally opened it up. I thought it was BS that I had to get to level 19 to open up HC modes, then all they have are TDM, S&D and FFA. No HQ... On top of that for TDM and FFA they still have a wait to respawn countdown in HC modes that I ALWAYS get 15 seconds for. It's frustrating because all it does is encourage camping... or "tactically waiting". (best response I've ever gotten)

Still glad to see they have yet another POS "second chance" perk... that shit just needs to go by the wayside. When I put someone down, they should just go down and fucking stay down already.

One positive thing that I can think of (and just did) that I do like is the wager matches. One in the Chamber is absolutely BRILLIANT. I need to get into some of the bigger wage matches and see if I can do well.

One positive thing that I can think of (and just did) that I do like is the wager matches. One in the Chamber is absolutely BRILLIANT. I need to get into some of the bigger wage matches and see if I can do well.

sticks and stones and the gun game are quite fun too. though they do get frustrating when you get knifed or tomahawked

So far I'm not entirely impressed with the online play. I have one good game that makes me want to keep playing until I start a new game, hit 3-4 people center mass in the chest while they're running, they stop running and quick scope into ADS and tag me in the face with some POS SMG. I think I may prestige once for online play and that'll be it.

Of course I'm still new to it as well. I have one perk that is pro, and I've only really worked on the M16 and Dragunov.

May just have to finish the game for achievements then go back to working on MW2 for multiplayer.

I dunno, I think I prefer BO for multiplayer. I do well much more consistently on BO then I do on MW2. I feel like the game's more balanced. Maybe the lag situation is just better on the PS3 at the moment?

The only thing I don't like so far is the sniping. It seems a lot harder then in previous CoD games. I've never really been good with the sniper rifles, but I gave it a whirl on BO and ended up going 1-14. I stuck with it and improved a little (went 8-8 with the bolt-action gun), but I completely SUCK with the Dragonuv. Maybe it's just the scope that messes me up...

Still glad to see they have yet another POS "second chance" perk... that shit just needs to go by the wayside. When I put someone down, they should just go down and fucking stay down already.

I wouldn't mind it if they would just change it so that the person who put them in to second chance gets the kill, even if they end up getting finished off by someone else. That's the one thing that drives me INSANE on CoD, when I put enough bullets into some chode to take them down, but then I get killed and one of my team-mates happens across the scene and gets himself an easy kill...

sticks and stones and the gun game are quite fun too. though they do get frustrating when you get knifed or tomahawked

I like "Sharpshooter" myself. Forces you to be proficient with all types of weapons...

Nah, even that would piss me off. I just want to hit someone and put them down for good. It's a stupid idea, and it shouldn't even be a perk.

there suppose to fix the match making,the spawn,and the sound. and i think todays was the match making

Back