COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So HCHQ is back on Black Ops? Last time I was on it wasn't, but it is now. Played it some Saturday and Sunday. Opened Ninja and Scout Pro. :)

Question, when using marathon on Capture the Flag, do you just have to pick up the flag to get the challenge for the Marathon perk, or do you actually have to take it back and capture it to your flag?

Question, when using marathon on Capture the Flag, do you just have to pick up the flag to get the challenge for the Marathon perk, or do you actually have to take it back and capture it to your flag?

You actually have to cap the flag, which is annoying, because I've taken the flag several times and made it all the way back to my base but couldn't cap because our flag was out...

You actually have to cap the flag, which is annoying, because I've taken the flag several times and made it all the way back to my base but couldn't cap because our flag was out...

Well damn, I only got one last night then. :/ I had 3 complete before, guess I'll continue working on it. I'm not fond of this marathon because it isn't a continual sprint so it gets annoying when trying to run the 26 miles.

you can check on the status of your pro challenges by hitting the x button when on the perk you are trying to reach pro level on.
i usually check it after each match to see what progress i am making towards my goal.
i believe the deal with capturing the flag is that you don't actually have to capture the flag, but you need to be in possession of it once during its trip back to being captured
for example: you grab the flag, immediately get killed, but a teammate picks it up before the enemy can "return" the flag, it still counts as a CAP for you towards your goal.

i could be wrong, but i did read this somewhere.
you can also play HC and kill the flag runner and cap it yourself, or play with some teammates who will take one for the team and die so you can take the flag in for the cap, i've helped a few people out along the way. lightweight will enable you to sprint further without having marathon pro, so its a good combo to use both. i think you also need some offensive kills for lightweight pro, so CTF works well for both.

once you obtain marathon pro you will be able to sprint non-stop
you will find it to be very useful and rewarding during game play, especially if you are chasing someone, need to get somewhere fast, or like the run and gun strategy

i have played a little more HC.
not sure if i was playing with shitty people, but i did surprisingly well.
i started with HC CTF, and then played some HC FFA.
i think ghost pro probably helps me not get noticed.
you have to dial back the run and gun a little bit and be more observant and pay attention to traps, hiding spots, and campers

Yeah I know how to check the progress of my perks, just wasn't sure what the specifics to getting some of those accomplishments were. I think I'll play this more often. I don't find myself getting as mad at people because I know I suck at it. It's a huge difference from MW2 for me, a lot harder to spot the people sitting in corners defending the HQ and all. If anyone wants to play tonight send me an invite.

i'll be at pool league tonight .. you're usually on around 3pst so i may jump on and play some HCHQ w/ ya

if i catch you online i'll help you get your captures for marathon pro.
not sure what time i will be out of work though, so it'll be much later.

I'll be getting off by 8 eastern to watch Hell's Kitchen. :) Forgot it was on tonight and not tomorrow night.

thats about what time i'm gonna head to pool anyways... well, start practicing at home before i leave

I still havent gotten on. Haha I went to, but ended up watching tv instead. I loved the thrill of capping flags. It's all about timing and taking weird routes. Playing that really upped my knowledge of every map. I learned the common routes a lot better and peoples hiding spots too. I didnt really try for the running 26 miles part. It just happened during normal play I suppose. That was waaaay back. It popped up randomly and i remember wondering wtf was going on.

yea.. a lot of the challenges on the perks just come naturally.. others you really have to try for

Yup. Haha I've gotten a new without trying, or at the most only having to try for one of the prerequisites.

eg6, all I can say is I hate you... and I can't snipe worth shit on Blops. :/

You should upload that video on the map with the satellite dish where you sniped me like 8 times in a row, and I never found you.

hahah.. u liked that quick scope headshot i got on you didnt ya.. lol.. i'm much better at sniping on MW2

but since you bring it up, i'll see what i can do in the theatre

Back