code white!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nothing, I say NOTHING is more of a pain in the ass than a Subaru swap.

While the engines may seem the same, a 1997 to a 1998 to a 1996 EJ is different than the other two. And it goes on like that. Dramatic, pisser differences like spline tooth count and fine tolerances. Head swaps are millimeters off from working, and even their exhaust doesn't line up.

You can't even install any 5 speed transmission into the Brat. It's not possible because the necessary and unique hubs can't fit the spindles, can't fit the axles. Finding a set of rims for an older Subaru is enough of a challenge.

Quoted post[/post]]
Engine $2K ish

A ej20 goes for $2500, that engine will probably go over $3,000.

What coilovers are those, I can't read that :ph34r:

All fine and dandy but they're heavier than stock. Personally I want to upgrade completely when I upgrade my rims and want to go with something wider, stronger, and lighter. Plus you need to spend another $450+ in rubber if you buy new.

Refer to the link that I gave B about the Seibon carbon fiber hood. I just bought one and its sick and it was under $500 as well.

:puke:

Good deal but was it in mint condition? I perfer to buy an unmolested car thats in good shape so I have a good base to work off of, but then again I pay people to do things to my car rather than being able to do them myself like you can.

Like I said...subby's in decent condition...are a dime a dozen up here...they just need engine work...so a swap is the best. My Leggy is super mint...for only 1200 bones...and it's still fully stock or all OEM replacement parts.

And hoods and body kits and paint...is just extra crap that is not needed....I'd rather get the engine swap, build the drivetrain up, and work on the footings...like the susp and tires....but it is all still very possible for way under $7K's. Take the front axles out and it's an instant drifter. :ph34r:

Yeah, back on topic, it's over 50 today in CO. I think last Wednesday we had a record breaker cold day. It was something like -10, and with the windchill -28. Something like that.

To date, the coldest temperatures I have ever endured were in Pueblo Colorado. That morning I was down at the pool with my gf, and at 10:00 at night after a meeting at the college, it suddenly plummeted to -20 F.

By the time I reached my front door from the car I was in pain.

you can buy 91-94 turbo legacy's all over the place...

turbolegacy21ww.jpg

we scrapped one at work...(not the one in the picture)

also:

ebay turbo legacy

you can get them at the donation center for like $400 because no one seems to like the old Legacy's....

I mean, you got to get lucky to find one of the T/AWD w/ a 5 speed, but I have seen them in there

i'm in love with subies now

that one on ebay looks awesome...
i wonder what its gonna go for...

Back