code white!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I, on the other hand, LOVE this shit with the Subaru. Sticks like glue, but has enough "whoop!" to get sideways. Awesome.

I had people in SUVs this morning in my damned way. One guy going 10 mph all over the road, hitting his brakes uphill. If I was in my other cars that would have gotten me stuck.

On the other hand, that guy with the 930 Porsche BROUGHT IT IN TODAY.

yeah so i just got to work after getting nailed by an f150 with a jinormous plow on it. scratched the shit outta my pass side rear bumper. fucking idiots.

the as430's rock in this snow. good stopping power, and easy takeoffs in first even! the only drawback to driving the car is that the rear is too stiff, and i guess im going to have to take the swaybar off since it tracks like a RWD car around corners.

the ass of your car has taken quite the pounding...

yeah maybe i should just give up and sell my build parts + the car. im really thinking that, and buying a 2.5RS or something.

2.5 RS coupe w/an EJ20 swap = BALLZZ

I've wanted one since 1999 for just that reason (and they're getting cheaper every year)

i just want one because i love the coupe impreza.

Nice car, They also have Hill Holders.

There are a couple (2 that I know of) of the RS2.5 2 doors down here. They simply rock in appearance, but I'm a big liftback / hatchback kinda guy.

its raining here now (Providence)

also, the 22b STi:

0130050801D400352500100.jpg

www.rs25.com

There's a whole bunch of 2.5's with STI swaps being sold now but they're a pretty penny. I saw one for like 16,000 the other for over 20,000 - entire swap overs, including interior, and modded. Nice cars but if he's struggling to put a mirage together than he's going to be struggling just to pay for a used 2.5RS because they go for a premium.

There's a '98 listed on NASIOC with 128,000 miles for like $5,000 I believe and thats one of the better deals I've seen.

now its snowing again......

Well...I bent a rim on the same curb I hit on the last snow....glad I didn't invest any money into the wifes rims and car....it'll live till the winter is over....

Due to the snow and the mess...I'll take tonight off.....so to any of the locals....BRING THE BEER!!!!

now to go shovel about 9" of white crap around the house....then start painting the dining room, and finish setting up some x-mas trees.

Then again...I can use the money :) ...and I might just try to get to work tonight..... :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah maybe i should just give up and sell my build parts + the car. im really thinking that, and buying a 2.5RS or something.
my friend boosted his 99. not sure on any of the specs but it rips and sticks in the corners.

The 2.5RS is a lighter car and can easily be made to be a better handling car because of this, but it takes money. Same deal with the turbo, it can easily beat a STI but its going to cost money. Those engines aren't the most friendly to turbo thats why people are doing the actual STI engine swap to the car, along with the fact that most of the 2.5's that everyone wants are the early ones and these now have 100,000k miles+ on them.

You can buy a run-of-the-mill early Impreza 5 sp. coupe for $1500 all day...yeah, I know, the 99+ RS is nicer looking, but you *can* build a very fast Scoob for low $$

the early WRX ej20t motors are around $2500, and all the 2.5 RS body parts bolt on any 93 or 94 up Impreza

i want a 2.5 rs SOOO bad. i love how they look. id love to have one with a wrx or sti swap. would be a killer snow car for me since i deliver pizza, plus they are sexay :)

and did the us ever get that 22b sti? im guessing no :cry:

the 22B is a "special" motor, and as such won't be seen in production. They built enough of them to enter the rally class, and that was it.

Trivia: Can anyone tell me why they chose the name "22B" for that motor ?

-> Steve

If the money was there....

95-99 Subaru Legacy
STI engine swap
LSD swaps
Stiff susp...and drop
Body kit, and paint...
And some super sexy Wheels...

I only need about $7Ks to do it.... :)

I would rather go H6 in the 2.5 RS, but I am the guy who cuts down trees with hammers.

Ultimately, I will be trading my Loyale for a Brat.

Back