Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's hard to say given it's been over a year since I drove the old setup - which was also burning oil badly at the time. It feels WAYYY faster than my old Maxima, which ran a 15 flat. Compared to by supercharged gsr in the old teal hatch, this one gets to 60mph faster (lsd, itr gearing, good tires), but can't compare 3rd gear and up. My guess is that once I get it tuned, set a little more overlap with the cams, and raise the limiter another 1k+ rpm's, it will turn into another animal. I can say however, this car has the most awesome vtec crossover I've ever heard:D

I am now Hondaless. (well, I still have my bike, my lawn mower, and a civic I'm fixing for my brother). The new owner just drove off with it. I miss the car already, but I think that it is for the better. I'm happy with what I got for it. The new owner was sold the second it cracked into vtec lmao.

Damn.....:thumbsdown:

I can't remember if you came to a solution with the wear on the camshaft(s). What ended up happening?

Damn.....:thumbsdown:

I can't remember if you came to a solution with the wear on the camshaft(s). What ended up happening?

Skunk2 ended up shipping me a replacement cam free of charge. I pulled the VC after 1000 miles and it looked great. I assumer problem solved.

Are you still building your EK hatch?

Nope. I sold it after getting into motorcycles. I just wasn't driving it anymore. The car went to a good home, and I get periodic text updates from the new owner. Made 209whp! (allegedly). I still have a 96' EK hatch that I've been fixing up. It's just going to be a stock DX hatch with a fresh engine, interior, and paint. Just gonna be a DD to help offset my truck's fuel cost.

I WILL eventually get another civic. It will be either an 8th gen si, a crx si, or a J series EK.

Nope. I sold it after getting into motorcycles. I just wasn't driving it anymore. The car went to a good home, and I get periodic text updates from the new owner. Made 209whp! (allegedly). I still have a 96' EK hatch that I've been fixing up. It's just going to be a stock DX hatch with a fresh engine, interior, and paint. Just gonna be a DD to help offset my truck's fuel cost.

I WILL eventually get another civic. It will be either an 8th gen si, a crx si, or a J series EK.

Be careful on the bike. Glad to hear you are keeping your Civic aspirations alive. Fighting my last hurdle(I hope). Fuel and brake line replacement due to corrosion.

Be careful on the bike. Glad to hear you are keeping your Civic aspirations alive. Fighting my last hurdle(I hope). Fuel and brake line replacement due to corrosion.

I've been careful. I avoid riding at dusk/night due to all the deer around here. I always wear full gear. I had to do the brake lines on my current fixxer upper. The rear lines were toast all the way back, so I had to drop the gas tank to get it done. I ended up replacing the fuel tank straps while I was at it.

Note: let the bolts holding the tank straps soak for a long time in penetrating oil. One of the weld nuts broke loose inside the unibody... Sucked to repair.

I found a 2000 DX shell for $800 down in West Palm Beach. Needs paint but body looks decent. I've got family down there, maybe one of them could check it out for me and if its worth it hold it til I can get down there with a trailer. mdpsEG is down that way as well. :ph34r:

Note: let the bolts holding the tank straps soak for a long time in penetrating oil. One of the weld nuts broke loose inside the unibody... Sucked to repair.

Did you replace the full lines from front to back? I've been trying to decide on how to tackle the job. I don't have any leaks yet. I uncovered the lines and sprayed them with plasticote. It converts rust to a hard black finish. Hoping it will stop the rust until I get the lines replaced.

I just patched them from the firewall down to where they run along the trailing arms.

I'd like to use the Honda replacement lines if possible but not sure if I have the time considering the car is my DD. I certainly don't want to pay to have it done...way too much $$$.

No believe me, they're not. I've got a whole donor Si for parts. lol As long as it isn't rusted to shit in the rear half or badly wrecked I'm game. This is the one I was willing and hoping to buy.
5I95P05S63Kc3I63N5c8t845258a0fbb61a0a.jpg

5Gb5Kd5H83F13L33Jac8t8f5893be549f1291.jpg

Back