Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This build is pretty bad ass. wish I could find a decent shape ek hatch myself. I wound up with a sedan. good luck with the build

Heard that. I'm looking for a decent hatch to swap my Si's goodies into. I prefer the EK for ease of swap, but I'm open to (and not finding) anything!

Thanks guys! I'm going to pick up some supplies tonight and get scrubbing. I'm also planning on re-doing the swap wiring. I'm debating a wire tuck too. At the very least, I'll replace all the old crusty e-tape with a Honda spec. half lap. This coming weekend I'm filing my taxes. That will decide if I do a basic rebuild, a mild N/A buildup, or add a snail:ph34r:

Finding a clean hatch is tough these days. I'm sure I'll be bored with this one in 2 years - I'll post it here first

Shit If I didn't wreck the Si I wouldn't be looking for a Honda at all. I've just got too much in it to just cut my losses. I've been bored for years. Haha

I put 2 hours into the motor tonight. I got about half of the motor cleaned up. I found out that brake cleaner spray works the best when it comes to breaking through the nasty stuff. It's not as clean as I would like. Not bad for just rags and a tooth brush..
DSCN1885.jpg

I also came across a few nasty surprises on this thing:huh:

The left side motor mount bosses have been repaired at some point judging by the obvious welding.
DSCN1886.jpg

I also found the remains of some bracket... Any idea what this is for? My guess is the stock exhaust manifold lower bracket.
DSCN1888.jpg

Lastly how in the fuck do I remove the coolant pipe on the back of the block??? Maybe someone can earn some rep & I won't need to consult the FSM.
DSCN1889.jpg

What are your thoughts on taking a power washer to the block and trans housing?

I am really worried about the condition of my crank. If you scroll half way up the page you will see one of the bearing shells that was virtually destroyed. I'm worried that the crank may be out of round in that area.... If that is the case...FUCK. I'm taking it into work tomorrow to have it checked by the pros.

Back