Cryogenics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:thumbsup:

Swain is a bit more expensive than everyone else- so shop around... but you're not going to find anything significantly cheaper.

how?? by getting wet?....i keep the car inside...and i wont be driving it in the rain...

But you'll still trap moisture from humid air, whether or not you drive in the rain. Ceramic coatings won't trap moisture. :)

the main problem with the manifold will be the pipes breaking. the welds dont usually break. Keep us updated though.

i had to pay rent and some bills...i'm sending it on mon 11/14....i dont like to spend $$$ until everything is paid for..

.ill keep you guys posted...

Would anodizing it help any?
I know MagLite uses anodization to harden their flashlights up for good police brutality videos and such..
But seriously,if you think that might/could help, i may be able to get it anodized for cheap/free for experimental one time only type of deal at my work?

anodizing doesnt do shit
its the aircraft grade aluminum that makes the mag lite good for beating the shit out of people

I used to hear alot about coating your pistons with some kind of'gold' paint or something this was before I really got into the REAL mods. I cant remember for the life of me what it was...maybe it was just like a ceramic coating on teh piston...

yeah swain tech has that service....celesta knows more about it

Quoted post[/post]]
anodizing doesnt do shit
its the aircraft grade aluminum that makes the mag lite good for beating the shit out of people

Quoted post[/post]]
that only changes color....as far as i know

:no: anodizing does not only change the color, in fact, you don't have to change the color if you don't want to. Anodizing makes aluminum more durable, and gives it a much harder surface.

For those who don't know how anodizing works, basically, you clean the part very good, then dip it into an electrolytic solution and pass an electric current through the solution. Then, you boil the part after you have applied a die (if you want to die it). There are different types of anodizing, and they produce different thicknesses of the coating. The biggest advantage of anodizing, however, is that it protects the surface of the aluminum from oxidizing (except during the process through which it is being anodized).

So, remember the public service anouncement and don't spout off about something without knowing the facts. But, pissedoffsol did say the occasional screw ups are okay, so i guess you two are off the hook.

Quoted post[/post]]
I used to hear alot about coating your pistons with some kind of'gold' paint or something this was before I really got into the REAL mods. I cant remember for the life of me what it was...maybe it was just like a ceramic coating on teh piston...
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah swain tech has that service....celesta knows more about it

Nope, not paint- it's a real ceramic coating that's deposited on your piston in very precise amounts/thicknesses, then baked in.

cp_pistons_med_11.jpg

http://www.swaintech.com/

Quoted post[/post]]
Calesta, I'm surprised you didn't chime in on this too.

Maybe because I was at work?

Steel and stainless steel can't be anodized; the process baths used to anodize aluminum would attack and dissolve steel parts.

i cant use it...the manifold is stainless

Back