CTR b16b for my EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You could always just get a b18c1 and get a b16 or itr trans.... torontojdm.com has each. Maybe he'll cut you a small deal for being a member here... ;)

Good point.

you read my mind, he already said he could mix and match a B18b w/ ITR trans so I was thinking of using the ITR tranny with the B18C b/c of its nice FD.

BTW..If I used a different IM on the B18C say Type R, b16 or Skunk2 wouldn't I loose some bottom end, but pick up some top end power b/c of the shorter runners?

Good point.

you read my mind, he already said he could mix and match a B18b w/ ITR trans so I was thinking of using the ITR tranny with the B18C b/c of its nice FD.

BTW..If I used a different IM on the B18C say Type R, b16 or Skunk2 wouldn't I loose some bottom end, but pick up some top end power b/c of the shorter runners?
I might bee wrong here but I don't think you can use an itr im on any other b motor. I think they're only interchangeable with the im on the 99-00 si b16a2 motors.

the R tranny can be paired with any b series, platform needs to be hydro or have a conv kit.

I might bee wrong here but I don't think you can use an itr im on any other b motor. I think they're only interchangeable with the im on the 99-00 si b16a2 motors.

my bad, I think you're right the B16 and type Rs head are the same casting, but the GSR is different. I'm gonna use the Skunk2 IM, its suppose to improve mid and top end power.

Last edited:
there ya go.

b18c1 with itr trans, skunk2 im, intake, exhaust, itr header (anything but the stock one), hondata im gasket and you should be seeing itr numbers.... or atleast something close. Jdm gsr has what... 180 hp, those mods should get you close to 200 flywheel. That and the gearing will be sick.

there ya go.

b18c1 with itr trans, skunk2 im, intake, exhaust, itr header (anything but the stock one), hondata im gasket and you should be seeing itr numbers.... or atleast something close. Jdm gsr has what... 180 hp, those mods should get you close to 200 flywheel. That and the gearing will be sick.

I was looking into headers for the B18C, but didnt know which to get, thanks for the suggestion about the ITR header I totaly didn't think of that (I like to use OEM parts wherever possible anyway and I'm assuming it's a bolt on part right?).

200 flywheel HP will be plenty for me, good thing I upgraded my suspension first:thumbsup: .

Last edited:
BTW hope this is not too off topic but, how would my above swap compare to a B20b swap with GSR tranny + bolt ons & pnp? got friend considering that swap, I told him to go GSR.

Cheers,

a b20 swap is nice.
they make cast 84mm b16 replica pistons.
add a b16 head and proper block build; you'll have a perfect NA street build.
with the b20 you wont have to rev the engine past 7.8-8k and it should be cheaper than
a gsr in the end.
if youre planing on boosting and sleeving the block in the future, i would get a b16 and push it out to 84mm with a disk potato.

a b20 swap is nice.
they make cast 84mm b16 replica pistons.
add a b16 head and proper block build; you'll have a perfect NA street build.
with the b20 you wont have to rev the engine past 7.8-8k and it should be cheaper than
a gsr in the end.
if youre planing on boosting and sleeving the block in the future, i would get a b16 and push it out to 84mm with a disk potato.

Who makes replica b16 piston w/ an 84mm bore? they're not OEM?

Back