custom suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mordantly

hi. i have an '87 crx si and i am thinking of putting air rods or bags in but im curious since the front in the gen 1's is torsion bars.. will the strut mounts be sufficient to support a rod?? or will i need to reinforce them?? luckily the rear is stock coilover so its gravy there. so what are the options to rid myself of these damn t-bars??

thanks.

man whats whit all this negativety?? isn't this the fucking place to come where all these swarmies make hundreds of thousands of post apiece yet i cant get anything but ridicule??

Gee Thanks!

ok why do you want airbags????

this site is performance oriented

air bags provide no performance advantage

if you are interested in performance then DONT PUT AIR BAGS ON A CRX

there are LOTS of other sites you can get information from if you are looking to be a "stunna" with a "pimped out mad tite show car y0!"

my apologies. allow me to rephrase my question. i have an '87 crx si and would like to convert the stock torsion bars into a coil over setup. are the existing strut mounts suffecient to support the suspension alone?? the gen2's are the same but there coil overs have a support bracket on them at the top. as for the performance aspect, well i like the idea of being able to adjust the suspention to accomodate a certain type of condition like say primarily sharp lefts. Or maybe so when i approach mine or anyones private driveway, a dip, bump, 6 - 8 inch diameter boulders after a narly earthquake scattered about the roadway etc, i wont damage my car as i am able to increase the ride height as the situation requires.

1 Gen CRX Adjustable Struts

Okay, now something i know a little about. They're adjustable to a certain amount, not sure how much. Maybe somewhere between 1-2 inches?
Not sure though...

Not sure about where to get the springs.

CRX = Good
AirBags + CRX = Ghetto
AirBags + Blingin' 20inch Chrome that you know you dream of + CRX = Very Ghetto

Keep it real. Springs or Coilovers.
And stay away from the Altezza's

:D

don't smoke phatties and post :D

but yeah- we aren't about bags and lights- we are about speed and handeling and performance.

Back