D15B Vtec swap/boost/vtec/?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

O yea dumbass me now I see what you mean the other 3 won't even be connected LOL. K I'll do that when I get around to buying some wire for vtec and o2. Thanks a lot man.

have you tried rywire.com for a vtec sub harness? it might make your wiring a lil easier...

itll have just what you need to wire vtec

I'm pretty sure my d15b harness came with a vtec subharness I'll check when I get up to the shop after I get that fuel pump relay and cluster w/tach installed. If not I'll hit up rywire :).

Also how much did you fill up the transmission fluid?? And what did you use transmission fluid or the sg grade 10w-30 motor oil? The manual recommends 10w-30 oil not MT fluid..Honda MT fluid isn't even mentioned.

And how much did you put in? I pumped the fluid in until it started spilling out then I let it spill out and get even with the filler hole. Am I good?

yeah..fill it even with the filler plug hole... yeah no m/t fluid here.. just good clean engine oil. i dunno what your year trans requires but my ef's 5 speed uses 5-w30 motor oil

I've got 5w-30 in the motor and 10w-30 in the tranny I just followed the manual.

not to be an ass but turboing a motor entails having a turbo exhaust manifold, meaning there is no need for headers, but if you already have some headers and you get a turbo let me know I am looking for some d-series headers. and the intake won't go on the throttle body anymore it will go on the intake side of the turbo. Are you going to be installing the kit yourself? If so I would suggest looking at every write up or article and asking some of the repsected members of this site that have done it before. Just a suggestion. don't wanna ruin that brand new motor!

LOL. I know that and I've already done some research and I still have a lot to do while I save for the next year for the turbo kit but thanks for lookin out for me guys ;).

Took me 5 months of saving and research to get everything straight about my swap :). I was going for a b16 sir-2 but then I was like yea right that'll take a year or so not to mention this IS my only car and I'd rather have a $500 block to turbocharge incase I blow it up it's cheap. Not to mention my goal is easily and affordably realistic on a stock D, 200-230 at the wheels :). You know for that extra get-up and go, and it should be enough for more efficient drifting :) omg drifting is so fun even with a fwd I drifted this guy's 96 EX and I just couldn't get enough of it.

200 whp in a Ferio (dx model) should be enough to get those tires spinning and be enough power for drifting right?

Last edited:
A few pics of the Ferio I took before the swap :).

That's it :D. When I get the car back from the shop I'll post pics of the d15b vtec :).

Last edited:
That's some badass looking turbo parts...but I didn't see a d-series kit for $400. Are you saying there's a complete kit there or just all the parts I need to make my own? I love the manifolds they're crazy!

OMG I found it. Holy crap just $400?? Is that complete with everything? Shit looks like you still gotta get at least a fuel management unit for it. I'm ordering tomorrow probably that $600 kit if it's got everything.

sweet glad I could help. and the $400 i was looking at it and its only the downpipe, turbo, and manifold. so you would need an intercooler, the piping, and the filter for the intake side of the turbo. So its still a decent price I guess.

man I didn't know it was that big of a deal. But I'm glad I could share a good website with you guys.

lmfao...dont buy that turbo kit!! STOP!!!! Every hear the phrase, "you get what you pay for"? ssauto kits = junk. I've seen so many ppl online, and myself (for buying one once) end up beat on those kits... Their fitment is horrible, most of the time their not complete and most of all, the product is garbage. Ive seen their manifolds crack under low boost due to their poor design (all the weight "hangs off", so they crack easily, ive seen their turbines literally break in 3 weeks of use. Their seals leak severely with the slightest buildup of oil pressure in the oil return line. dont buy it.

Back