do i need a wideband?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teddy_dc2

i plan on having my car dynotuned. should the tuner have one that they can just plug up and tune because if i can save a good $300, i'd rather spend it towards a s300. i was planning on welding an o2 right on the first 90 degree bend d.p. from the turbine housing. how close does this thing have to be?

i have a d16z6 turbo. and it had uberdata and it was gettin to much fuel and flooding spark splugs out. i took it to a tune/dyno shop and they told me to buy hondata s300 and would fix everything. and if i didnt they would have to tune then write back on the uberdata then put back on the dyno ect.. and tha would cost me 700 just to do that. but anyways i bought a wideband and took it up there and after finding out that i had to buy hondata i really didnt need it. so if i were u just buy the hondata and dont waste ur money on the wideband.... good luck

I realize this is a few days older and may have made your decision, but best thing is to check with the tuner.

yeah, call him up. most shops/turners have their own that that use and trust.

you might need to have a seperate bung in place though in your DP if you plan to tune to run an o2

If you can and want to do it yourself buy a wideband for tuning, if you want to have someone else do it take it to a tuner shop. I am using a LM1 and have tuner several cars with it with no problems at all. I am tuning with crome, turboedit and bre. If you learn to tune you will save large amounts of cash but you will spend that in your time learning to tune.

Back