Donnie Darko

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trainspotting was a really good moive as well. I still need to see Fear and Loathing. I like all of these movie threads latly gives me ideas for stuff to download.

My favs:

Fight Club
Boondock Saints
The Last Samurai
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects

and more, but those are basically the top

Originally posted by Callidus@Sep 25 2005, 07:49 PM
My favs:

Fight Club
Boondock Saints
The Last Samurai
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects

and more, but those are basically the top
[post=560222]Quoted post[/post]​

You have teh good taste.

Requiem was depressing, dark, hilarious, scary, gross, shocking. And I'd have to say a really well put together flick. I can't say that I liked it because I felt kinda sick after watching it, kinda like after The Man Who Wasn't There. But I will say it was a great movie in its own right. I know that doesn't sound like it makes any sense, but lets say I thought it was a great movie, that I will never want to watch again after having seen it once. Know what I mean?

The fucking angry refrigerator was the best character in the movie. :)

DD was interesting, though perhaps the most entertaining part was seeing partick swayze(?) getting caught in that... predicament. The movie has an interesting feel to it, and though i only bothered to watch it once, and at risk of being thought of as a simp, I really just didn't get what i would have liked from it. Of course then reading the directors ideas about how it was a god/faith affirming movie, that just made me a bit more confused.
The website is/was neat though.

As for good/strange movies:
Naked Lunch- though at best an adaptation of Burrough's book of the same title, I enjoyed it when i watched it. Drugs, insects, drugs, sex, and film noir. No purple assed baboons, but can't get everything i s'ppose.
The lost highway- A david Lynch movie, so its a bit here and there. Again with this one, my enjoyment of the movie comes from not a explicitly coherent plot so much as an over all feeling i take away from the movie.
Perfect Blue- A different psychological thrillerish anime. Directed by Satoshi Kon, this is the serves two unique purposes: An interesting psychological trippy thriller, and an excelent film that showcases the range of animation.

i couldnt finish lost highway. the begining was just way to slow and couldnt watch anymore of it.

primer however is a move that will make you think. its about these 2 guys who stumble on the ability to time travel, and they start doing experiments with it, it turns into more about the affect on their lives though. but ive thought hours on end trying to understand how time travel works in that movie, i think ive got it down though, it def took me 3 or 4 times to understand it completely.

Personally, i think time travel movies are cool, usually. atleast when they present it as a good and a bad thing. shit, even Bqack to the future was awesome,a nd even thought it was a really mainstream movie, it did present some problems with it.

I don't know, the whole time travel concept has always intrigued me because there is really no way to do it without some serious negative consequences. and the th9ing is those consequences can't be really controlled. seriously, i think its an awesome concept, but i hope that it never happens, atleast in my lifetime.

I think DD presented it in a unique way, and i really enjoyed the director's cut, which is the one i own, and the commentary on it. i like movies that have a slight theme of faith/religion, because i am interested in it, and being raised as southern baptist, i believe in God, but i can'thelp but be interested in other religions and i always have pondered on what really does happen to us when we are gone from this earth. i am really led to believe in reincarnation, becasue as all of us learned in science class, energy is never created or destroyed, it is basically misplaced into one thing or another. for some reason i think this would follow along with us.

ehh, don't wanna get a whole religious argument started, so im gonna stop now. so don't try to argue your point expecting a response, i won't argue back, lol.

Went to see Lord of War last night. A bit predictable at times, and definately not of the caliber of some of the awesome movies mentioned here, but pretty darn good nonetheless.

Back