Enjoy The Draft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing where you stand is one thing, forcing others to stand there with you is another.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 9 2004, 10:50 AM
Yes Saddam has always been a bad man and he should have been removed from power a long while ago. We failed at an assisination attempt on him during the Gulf War. its always been my point that he should have been taken out of power.

What does it matter which president takes him out of power as long as he's taken out of power?

And go listen to Michael Moore some more about "bush and his team of unethical money hungry businessmen".

The world is driven by money, if it wasn't we'd still be a barter and trade society. If you haven't figured that out, you're a moron. So get the fuck over it or continue to live in your la-la land.

i've already stated i have not seen 9/11, can you read???

and lets see bush get public approval for a war based upon "SADDAM BEING A BAD MAN"
it would never happen, bullshit
he scared the public making them think saddam had links to bin laden and that saddam had the capability to use nukes or other WMD's against us...

and no shit the world is driven by money
but let me ask you, DID YOU GET A NO BID CONTRACT TO REBUILD IRAQ???
did you? are you profitting from this war?
we are not the people getting the spoils of this war where our young comrades are dying...

seriously dude, you talk a lot of smack and say i live in a la-la-land, but you are the one thinking we went to war for a just cause, and you are the one thinking bush and his friends aren;t making money hand over fist while the GENERAL american public gets fucked in the ass

this war was an oil grab, as proved by the oil ministry being protected before the iraqi people that we were suspossed to be fighting to liberate...
[post=414194]Quoted post[/post]​

You're a god damn fool and will believe anything the media tells you.

I don't give a fucking rats ass if you stated whether or not you watched 9/11, with the things you say, they came directly from the movie. So either they were related to you by a friend or by the media. The movie was garbage and what you're saying is garbage. If one didnt come from the other, well than you and Michael Moore think exactly a like so my opinion of you is the same as him.

You're right the war was about money and power like every war is. Its not just fucking about Oil you m-o-r-o-n. Its about trade in general, its about opening up another democratic nation thats a new marketplace for the U.S. thats why the US has always wanted a democratic demoninated world. Why else? Did you just concut this shit about Oil on your own or was that also related to you by Michael Moore/the mass media? Every argument you make holds no water in terms of your claims. You think that it was openly known that the only cause of the war was to fill George W. Bush's pocket that he wouldnt be getting investigated and found to have done some wrong doing? You don't think that the MAJORITY of the American people would uprise and throw him out of office? The shit you say hasn't been proven whatsoever, its just BULLSHIT claims that you can't prove. Michael Moore among others attempted to prove a connection between Bush and the Oil over in Iraq and it was no more persuading than what anyone else has ever said about a businessman. The war wasn't just about Bush getting rich as you claim. It was about securing our position in the world and you're a damn fool if you don't believe that Bush thought that there were WMD in Iraq. Yes he was wrong, atleast to this point...many of us still believe thats there WMD hidden over there along with other explosive stores (hint hint the 380 tons of explosives that were talked about on this board). I don't give a fuck if its regular explosives or WMD, Saddam is a person who shouldn't have EITHER, so either way I feel that we had to go over there and take the weapons and power away from him. You should feel the same way if you'd like to continue to live in a country as prosperous as ours and that has all the freedoms that we do. See what would happen to US if we took a weak military standpoint. You sure as hell wouldn't be able to hug your trees or speak out half of the asinine stuff that you do.

Let the thread die now.
:wub:

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 01:05 PM
Knowing where you stand is one thing, forcing others to stand there with you is another.
[post=414240]Quoted post[/post]​

He hasn't forced anyone to stand anywhere. Nobody has. We all know our rights.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 9 2004, 11:01 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Nov 9 2004, 12:08 PM
Can't you people see past your noses?

It's not about the draft, or the war, or even the economy anymore... This has turned into the Christian Conservative rise-to-power. I am frightened.
[post=414220]Quoted post[/post]​

Its always been that way, thats how this country was formed. You shouldn't be anymore frightened than with any other president in office. They can't do everything themselves.

I'm not saying this because I'm religious, because infact I'm non practicing but just feel its nice to have a president with some morals that will take a standpoint rather than some lying bumbling asshole.

Bush may not be the best but hey atleast he'll tell you where he stands and tell you to your face. Other presidents so much shit has occured behind the scene that the general public will never find out about. I just think its ironic that people talk about Bush's hidden agenda when he's a simple person and isn't the type of guy that would take the time or intelligence to lie to you...he'd just tell you what he felt flat out, like he does with the media time and time again.
[post=414238]Quoted post[/post]​

Once again, you've completely and totally missed the point. I'm sorry, but you are way too opinionated to be debating in this kind of environment. Did I ever bash Bush specifically? Did I ever say anything about Bush having hidden agendas? No. But you're right, it's not Bush - Cheney's pulling the strings on this marionette. 4 more years of no-bids to Halliburton! w00t! <_<

On to your first statement. Yes, that's how this country was formed. Then people learned to think for themselves. Holy shit, what an idea! Oh wait - we can't do that because God doesn't like it! That's why we separated church and state, genius. IMO, it was one of the best ideas this nation's ever put forth. Like anything, though, there needs to be a balance - none of this bitching about religion in schools and God in the pledge of allegiance. That's just liberal whining, I'm sorry. Anyway, my point is, the christian conservatives are returning to power, they're going to try to make this country a theocracy again, and I am scared to death of it.

Once again, you interpret anything and everything as pro-kerry anti-bush, when clearly this is not my point. Remember those GOP zealots I mentioned? ;)

intelligence > j00

"I find it funny how as soon as extreme liberals get on the media or into power, they are criticized for their tolerance, lack of defined morals, and general "flip-flopping" attitude"

They are the ones that control the media, so they are always on it even if you dont realize it. Its more likely that the Republicans get chided for their stances by the liberally controlled media. Fox News is about the only Right wing mass media and even so they're moderates.

I know I said to let this die, but yes...I thought deeply about writing in Snoop Dog for president.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 9 2004, 10:12 AM-->
Kcihcaton
@Nov 9 2004, 01:05 PM

[post=414246]Quoted post[/post]​

So when my homosexual friend goes to get married to the one he loves, he'll have no problems anywhere in the US.
Family Guy won't have any harsh censorships when it comes back to Fox, because everyone knows that its not their responsibility to make sure children are well raised.

Pope don't say such stupid shit.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not religious. I feel the same way. I think you're getting your panties a little too much into a bunch over nothing. Many presidents have openly stated their faith and had it influence their decisions. If you are religious you can't seperate your faith from the way you think and make decisions, thats half of the religion.

Open up your eyes.

Opionated, that I am...but I can see both sides of the story, I just feel that the side you're taking is a little too hyper sensitive and complaining about simply how the world works. I'm sorry if you dont like religion and government together but its never been seperated, the office has always been dominated by Christians.

I'm sorry for being childish and retorting your comments because really I'm just hurting myself by taking time away from doing more important shit. You'll obviously never understand.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton+Nov 9 2004, 01:17 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 9 2004, 10:12 AM
Kcihcaton
@Nov 9 2004, 01:05 PM

[post=414246]Quoted post[/post]​

So when my homosexual friend goes to get married to the one he loves, he'll have no problems anywhere in the US.
Family Guy won't have any harsh censorships when it comes back to Fox, because everyone knows that its not their responsibility to make sure children are well raised.
[post=414251]Quoted post[/post]​

As for the homosexual marriage thing, from a religious standpoint it is wrong. Even though I am not religious, they should NOT BE 'MARRIED'. Marriage is a term reserved for a partnership that is sacred through religion. The more moderate standpoint that they should be able to get the perks of being 'married' without actually using that term is where i stand. But in no way should they be getting 'married' in a church because that simply goes against all that marriage stands for.

As for censorship, trust me many democrats agree with it as well. For adults censorship sucks but for children I dont think its a bad thing. Half the parents out there today can't raise a child and they really dont need to be subjected to that kind of entertainment at a young age. Should we be allowed to have sex in public because some adults want it and think its a good thing? If you censor political propaganda or other meaningful things in my eyes thats wrong, but censoring filth from TV should really have no negative affect on your life. Do you have to see a dirty TV show playing at prime time, or could you just rent a movie of it and watch it?

This is true. Most media is controlled by liberals. I don't give a crap about the media anyway - it has no bearing on my opinions.

I think we seriously need a non-partisan president in '08.

EDIT: I'm sorry that you think I'm "hyper-sensitive". I just know where I stand, and I have a strong feeling as to what is going on. I am simply stating that I don't like it. We don't need morality to take a back seat - we just need to keep it from being dominant.

Lastly, my eyes are open, and I do understand. I'm sorry that I don't have any emotional or mental crutches for you to kick out from under me.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 9 2004, 01:28 PM
This is true. Most media is controlled by liberals. I don't give a crap about the media anyway - it has no bearing on my opinions.

[post=414262]Quoted post[/post]​

We've always needed one. Funding and the general public unfortunately won't allow for this. If its not going to be a non-partisan president, I would love to see a moderate republican and a moderate democrat on the '08 ticket to win.

As far as this election its just my feeling that we can't have a president without a backbone like Kerry, not that I like Bush.

Not to be controversial but I also believe that no matter how much people say the media doesnt affect them or have a bearing on their opinions, I'm from the psychologist state of mind that your experiences shape you and shape who you are. Even if I dont want to listen to say political bs spewed on TV it still makes you think and feel differently than if you hadn't heard it in the first place, unfortunately.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 9 2004, 11:33 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Nov 9 2004, 01:28 PM

[post=414262]Quoted post[/post]​

We've always needed one. Funding and the general public unfortunately won't allow for this. If its not going to be a non-partisan president, I would love to see a moderate republican and a moderate democrat on the '08 ticket to win.

As far as this election its just my feeling that we can't have a president without a backbone like Kerry, not that I like Bush.

Not to be controversial but I also believe that no matter how much people say the media doesnt affect them or have a bearing on their opinions, I'm from the psychologist state of mind that your experiences shape you and shape who you are. Even if I dont want to listen to say political bs spewed on TV it still makes you think and feel differently than if you hadn't heard it in the first place, unfortunately.
[post=414268]Quoted post[/post]​

Right. From a psychologist's point of view, media has an effect on everyone. No matter who you are, you are swayed by the media at some point, in some way. As much as it's going to sounds conceited and whatnot, I can honestly say that I have become so hardened that very very little sways my beliefs and opinions anymore. I have had too much shit happen to me to be that weak-minded. I have strong opinions and beliefs, but it takes a rational and logical approach to get me to consider a change. This is why the media can go shit on a rock - they are certainly not logical or rational.

Right. From a psychologist's point of view, media has an effect on everyone. No matter who you are, you are swayed by the media at some point, in some way. As much as it's going to sounds conceited and whatnot, I can honestly say that I have become so hardened that very very little sways my beliefs and opinions anymore. I have had too much shit happen to me to be that weak-minded. I have strong opinions and beliefs, but it takes a rational and logical approach to get me to consider a change. This is why the media can go shit on a rock - they are certainly not logical or rational.
[post=414274]Quoted post[/post]​

I try to be the same way but its difficult at times. It would be easier to be like some of the people here and just buy into the bullshit, unfortunately I'm not so quick to do so. It makes you an outcast among some.

Fuck, I'm an outcast almost everywhere! "Holy shit! Someone with their own opinions! omgz pwn tehm n0wz0rz!!"

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 9 2004, 02:01 PM
Bush may not be the best but hey atleast he'll tell you where he stands and tell you to your face. Other presidents so much shit has occured behind the scene that the general public will never find out about. I just think its ironic that people talk about Bush's hidden agenda when he's a simple person and isn't the type of guy that would take the time or intelligence to lie to you...he'd just tell you what he felt flat out, like he does with the media time and time again.

wow you really need to take your blinders off. Look at both sides of the table and take your TV off fox news.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 9 2004, 12:33 PM
Not to be controversial but I also believe that no matter how much people say the media doesnt affect them or have a bearing on their opinions, I'm from the psychologist state of mind that your experiences shape you and shape who you are.

But in today's society (at least in this country), big media IS the majority of childrens' early life experiences. Most kids watch far more TV than they spend with their parents.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 9 2004, 02:30 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Nov 9 2004, 12:33 PM
Not to be controversial but I also believe that no matter how much people say the media doesnt affect them or have a bearing on their opinions, I'm from the psychologist state of mind that your experiences shape you and shape who you are.

But in today's society (at least in this country), big media IS the majority of childrens' early life experiences. Most kids watch far more TV than they spend with their parents.
[post=414331]Quoted post[/post]​

And thats exactly why psychologists can make the arguments that they do. Of course if you let the TV raise your child than thats going to shape them greatly.

Cable Guy.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 9 2004, 02:19 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Nov 9 2004, 02:01 PM

wow you really need to take your blinders off. Look at both sides of the table and take your TV off fox news.
[post=414317]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats humorous because I'm not a big fan of fox news. I'm not a big fan of the TV and actually watch any TV very very little.

Perhaps you should change channels if you think I'm blinded? IDK.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 9 2004, 01:37 PM-->
@Nov 9 2004, 02:30 PM

And thats exactly why psychologists can make the arguments that they do. Of course if you let the TV raise your child than thats going to shape them greatly.
[post=414340]Quoted post[/post]​

But unfortunately most of the country raises their children that way. :( And that's why everyone's fussing about the media. Of course it would be best if the paren't didn't raise their kids that way, but there's no chance of just changing every parent. The possibility at least exists to change the media, and that's why people try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back