Ethan's 91 Civic HB Official Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There is a whole science to lighter pulleys and/or flywheel; if you only have a stock motor do not even bother, just go OEM. The science has to do with Inertia, which means an object does not want to move, hence the motor produces power for the vehicle to move. The Inertia law also applies to stopping; an object does not want to stop once it is rolling. I read a thread that had a whole scientific approach to the science behind lighter engine components. If you cannot find it I will try my best to explain it. Hope this helped your decision a little.

lol im just jokin. thanks dude! :thumbsup:

Woot Woot!!! if the guy will hold it till next week im getting a mint 96 civic coupe for $650 cause it has a grinding noise.

Those wheels up top are called bbs RA's and their factory on some bmw's and volseagen's. Just to let you know :)

What brand impact gun are you going to use to put all that back together? I'd avoid using one from Harbor Freight because it might not torque the head studs properly.

What in the hell are you using any impact gun to torque stuff for? Especially head bolts. That's why they make torque wrenches.

I dropped the d16 in to get in in and running. first time my car is feeling mpfi! :) i decided to switch the dash harnesses out so i can make the wagon dpfi without wiring. plus now i have no cut and spliced wires. so no worries! tomorrow i gotta finish up putting the inside together and get some oil. after a test fire and a run up and down the road im pulling the engine back out to clean everything up and change the clutch.

PS- i cleaned out the a/c box so now my car is 100% spripped of a/c bs. gotta find a use for the a/c button now...

Attachments

• camera 0001.jpg
    camera 0001.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 221
  • camera 002.jpg
    camera 002.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 199
  • camera 003.jpg
    camera 003.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 200
  • camera 004.jpg
    camera 004.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 167
  • camera 005.jpg
    camera 005.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 178
love those wheels. hell id like to pick up a set for the accord. what's the price range on those puppies? I might just go find my old 318 and gank them. "Thanks for the wheels back!

love those wheels. hell id like to pick up a set for the accord. what's the price range on those puppies? I might just go find my old 318 and gank them. "Thanks for the wheels back!

im gettin em for free. bu lug pattern is 4x100 so i don't think you'll have luck sticking em on a accord. :(

VTECH, NAWS, sunroof, smoke screen...

lol it would either be NWAZZZ or vtec aka V-TECH!

And good job on the whole d16 thing.

Wait till its running then tell me good job... lmao

ITS ALIVE!!!!

The d16 is in and running with the mpfi! im about 75% done with what wiring i had to do.

Video Uploading now :)

Back