EVO Vs. RX-8 Vs WRX Vs 350z

what one would you buy for 25-30k?

• STi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rx8

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
lets see where this goes... whats the best car for 25-35k range?

You forgot "other".. i'd spend 35K on a brand new 03 cobra and drive that fucker till it broke. Can't really beat consistant 12.2's, stock. I'm into drag racing, not autoX tho.

i'd say it's a toss-up between the rx8 and evo. the rx8 probably handles better, but the evo puts down better track numbers, and the evo is more of a "tuner car". so i guess i'd go with the evo.

the fastest car on there 1/4 mile wise would be the sti right?
then the evo, rx8, and 350z....

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@May 28 2003, 02:50 AM
the fastest car on there 1/4 mile wise would be the sti right?
then the evo, rx8, and 350z....

yeah, that sounds 'bout right, i the sti does the 1/4 in 13.1, the evo does it in 13.4, the rx8 does it in 14.5 and i'm not sure about the 350z... don't like those much.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 28 2003, 03:43 AM
You forgot "other".. i'd spend 35K on a brand new 03 cobra and drive that fucker till it broke. Can't really beat consistant 12.2's, stock. I'm into drag racing, not autoX tho.

well, other would include used m5's and shit.. so its just these 4 going at it.... the NEW import tuner cars i guess you could say...

Hmmm I'm still partial to the "slow" cars on the list.. the 350 is classic, and the RX8 is definitely a niche or cult car..

gotta go with the EVO
4g63 is bullet proof motor...
The 1st gen 6 bolt motor can hold 400 hp to the wheels on stock internals...
I think this evo can easily push 450hp to the wheels with just a FP green turbo and tuning...
450 AWD HP = 10sec all day:

Well, I don't really like 4 doors. I can't stand the new Z. Don't like having the rotary without the turbo. If I must chose then I would say the Sti for speed, comfort, stying, and handling. And yes the 4g63 is one tough mofo, I drove mine old Tsi for roughly 40 miles with low low low oil pressure, I lost 3-4 quarts driving home from miami and for some reason my dumbass didn't notice anything, but the motor stood it's ground and keep running until I sold the Tsi.

Milan

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 28 2003, 02:43 AM

according to the motor trend it ran a 13.XXX (it was low)

it nudged out the 03 vette by 0.14 sec, but I wouldn't buy one anyway

SVT 391BHP

GT 265+SC (at 50%) 397BHP

and in the end costs like 10k less, not that I would buy one anyway

The poll is basically broken down into two categories:

AWD

and

Sports Car

For AWD - STi all the way

Sports Car - I'm in a bind, I have to drive the RX-8 to make my decision, the 350z however is a NICE car.

I'm thinking of getting one ;)

Originally posted by Silverchild79+May 28 2003, 07:15 AM-->
Domeskilla
@May 28 2003, 02:43 AM

according to the motor trend it ran a 13.XXX (it was low)

it nudged out the 03 vette by 0.14 sec, but I wouldn't buy one anyway

SVT 391BHP

GT 265+SC (at 50%) 397BHP

and in the end costs like 10k less, not that I would buy one anyway

I know what motor trend tested it as.. but it depends where you are. c&d say the z06 vette will run 12.4 (having seen the times for the ls1 vette yet).. haven't seen the cobra times either (from c&d), but it runs 12.2 here, i've seen it run it 3 times in a roll, backed by a 12.5 and a 12.3.. The dealership owner was out promoting them. a friend has some video of that day, if i can find it the next we are over there, i'll find someone with firewire port and i'll host it.

Here is a guys sig that lives in Texas...

2003 Supercharged Cobra
Cold Air Intake
X-Pipe
Diablo Sport Computer
2.8 upper
6lb lower
Magna flow catback
PHP front mount intercooler
Steeda Tri-AX shifter
11.10s @ 126 and some change (before 3 lbs more boost and bigger heat exchanger) on PUMP GAS

Sounds like a 12.2 car stock to me.. or very close to it.

Why do you need a turbo on the rotary when the Renesis puts out more horses n/a than the old rotary did with a twin turbo?

RX-8 all the way, even if it DID steal most of its styling from an S2000 (front end, taillights, etc). :)

Come on, Car and Driver (domestic heaven) had it finish first over a G35 and a Mustang Cobra.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 28 2003, 06:55 AM
doesn't matter I wouldn't buy a ford anyway.

Well, neither would I, but if Car and Driver rates it above the supposedly high and mighty Cobra, that's saying something.

fordproblem.jpg

Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 28 2003, 10:04 AM
my choice...

s2000+tubro

oh yeah, high compression and boost are wonderful :blink:

don't forget mazda is owned by ford ;) but at least they dont dig into the parts bin for mazda cars :)

Back