F20C possible in a eg hatch???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thing is, S2000's don't respond well to just any mods. There's plenty of documentation of aftermarket parts reducing horsepower. You don't see much of that with the K-series.
yes, from what i've heard, putting the normal bolt-ons that give you a decent power increase on a civic/integra/rsx-s do next to nothing on an s2000 or indeed even rob power. being it comes from the factory highly tuned as it is to produce close to max power and decent drivability reliably (honda does warranty them...), the average ebay bolt-on route that helped you beat sentras with your civic won't help you against vettes in your s2000.

"FWHP" = Fly wheel HP. I know the s2000 doesn't make 240 WHP, I drive one everyday Apparently so does Riekoshea ( keep the flash alive!) Also the s2000 is gone because the '08's you are seeing have allready been produced ( some assemble required) and there will be NO '09 model. I consider that gone.( but not forgoten) Hell you can still find '07's on the lots new though.

As far as " snoopy loopy 's" comments ( mostly based on sh** he heard ), of course a civic/teg will respond better to an intake than an F20 or K20 for the same reason that was said about 20 posts ago, it's eaisier to extract power from the lower model engines because they weren't pushed to max ( ease of production /reliability were taken into consideration) during development like the F20C and the K20 were. Also a good reason why the K20 doesn't make as much power as the F20C cheaper car means cheaper production, Which Mr. Kevin stated earlier...he just decided to follow it up by saying it was easier to make power with the K than the F WITH BOLT ONS. Then he said The K24,with different internals, which I agreed with even before he said it.

Ok ..lets recap K2E2vin, first you said " easier to make more power from the K20's than the F20" Bolt ons were the arguement. I says no, NOT easier to make MORE power ( 200hp vs 240hp leaves a handicap to make up), while also saying" the lower end K's have more room left to extract power from" then BOTH F20 and K20, which would be the K24 variants. Than you tell me how to make power with a K24 block and F20C pistons and so on( not bolt on as far as I'm concerned, but you backed that up by sayin " these are far from bolt-ons") and I say the same about a recently built F20C with K parts in it. My gripe is the SIMILARITY in the engines, and how they yeild similar results EXCEPT in the exhaust department , so I guess you agree now???? I also just posted how theres really no way to trully compare the two unless they were BOTH in the SAME driveline setup. And of course a K powered EG could eat an s2000 on the track, because on the track, setups are different, WALLLETS are different ( said that earlier too), driver skill/style is different ( said that)...yaddy yadda. Not to mention the EG can shed ALOT more pounds then the s2k.

Fact of the matter is the K and F are basicly the same motors, and if the big guys over at honda spent more time in the shop on the K it would have turned out to be JUST LIKE the F20C ( probally more so the F22 ) engine.

The only way the K can " respond better to mods" is not because the F20 was over developed, its because the K20 was UNDER developed( see above"cheaper means cheaper"). Any one can make up 40 FWHP ( theres that confusing abbreviation again ) in their garage. I can do it in mine too with an F20C. Its almost like someone's saying that another 40 NA hp cannot be drawn from an F20????? Not for the same price and maybe the parts don't make as much power, but with a 40 hp head start, it doesn't much matter does it because someone said earlier that the K was a better swap becuase it was easier to make power with, even though you would allready have a 40 FWHP jump on the next guy. Go to K&N's web site and check there intakes for example; Type S intake- 10.4 HP , s2k- 9.9. Different, yes, but SIMILAR ( getting tired of that word yet? )

I still don't see any proof to back up the caim earilier , so I'm gonna word it the way it should have been;

If you were to swap an F20C (K series drive train of course)and a K20 in to identical EG hatch backs, with Identical BOLT ON PARTS( not bolt in), which one would make more power?

( Answer logicaly, and not like a K20 or F20 fan-boy ;))

Last edited:
yes, from what i've heard, putting the normal bolt-ons that give you a decent power increase on a civic/integra/rsx-s do next to nothing on an s2000 or indeed even rob power. being it comes from the factory highly tuned as it is to produce close to max power and decent drivability reliably (honda does warranty them...), the average ebay bolt-on route that helped you beat sentras with your civic won't help you against vettes in your s2000.

"From what you've heard???" In court they call that " hear-say" doesn't work there and it won't work here .......but the ebay comment comes back to what I said earlier. EASIER ON THE POCKETS!!!! And how the hell is 240 crank HP " close to MAX power " for an F20 motor?????? Makes you wonder why they make any aftermarket parts for it don't it??? Oh and thinks for the sh**ty analogy......

SENTRAS and CIVICS are more closley related than s2000's and VETTES are.

Last edited:
well...the 01 didnt have lsd to my knowledge...and its not my clutch (cause i already replaced it).

The comment about the 2.4l build was not about the 2.0ls being easier to extract power from.

You brought up extracting power, so I brought up the 2.4l block.

Thing is, S2000's don't respond well to just any mods. There's plenty of documentation of aftermarket parts reducing horsepower. You don't see much of that with the K-series.[/quote]

You brought it up when you said it was easier to make power with the K20 than the F20C. I just used the word "extract power" instead of " make power "

And I didn't say they respond well to ANY mod......They respond well to the SAME mods the K20 would though.

well...the 01 didnt have lsd to my knowledge...and its not my clutch (cause i already replaced it).

???????? Go out side, get in the car,roll the windows down, and make a couple circles at full lock and listen for the clunking( maybe) or little bit of wheel scratch. You definitly have an LSD back there.( or the one you have is wore out ) Hell, if you REALLY want to know if you do, go power break it in the middle of the street.
And besides, why would they have one in '00 and in '02 but not in '01??? By the way, your tranny holdin' up? I think they corrected the 2nd and 5th gear syncro failures in '01 ( jumps out of gear for no reason ) but I could be wrong.

???????? Go out side, get in the car,roll the windows down, and make a couple circles at full lock and listen for the clunking( maybe) or little bit of wheel scratch. You definitly have an LSD back there.( or the one you have is wore out ) Hell, if you REALLY want to know if you do, go power break it in the middle of the street.
And besides, why would they have one in '00 and in '02 but not in '01??? By the way, your tranny holdin' up? I think they corrected the 2nd and 5th gear syncro failures in '01 ( jumps out of gear for no reason ) but I could be wrong.

2nd gear is a little tough during HARD acceleration, but other than that the transmission is fine.

and as for the diff...i barely spin the tires at the strip, so i wouldnt know on that one, it also feels weird taking corners....doesnt feel as sure footed as the 350z does. might be the tires might be the diff...i really dont know.

Honda Automotive Parts Part # 3; 2001 rear differintial assembly! did you try the tight circle method? If your diff isn't wore out, you will hear the inside tire try to break lose under acceleration.

You runnin' stock wheels or aftermarket? I run the same size alll the way around (225/50/17) and it feels pretty light in the rear but I like that. The 350 is heavier than the s2000, heavy cars always FEEL sure footed for some reason. If you are running stock wheels, are the tires original or were they repalced with a different brand? The Bridge. Potenzas on our cars(stock) were supposed to be 225's in the rear but ACTUALLY have a 240-245-ish contact patch. Alot of guys match the sidewall readings with different brand tires and end up with squirlly s2k's. ASk Calesta, he will more then likley back me up.

stock wheels stock tires. i dont do very aggressive driving very often, thats why im hesitant about upgrades. ive kinda grown out of that...as sad as it is to say.

Ive been trying to find out but I bet its a K tranny. The motor is mounted way forward but I think that was for traction purposes ( its one of their older drag cars ). Ive watched that vid over and over but I keep getting destracted over the 9 second s2000 in the back ground. I'll see what ican dig up though.

Back