Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I mean comon B16... you wanna watch a QB choke, look a few hundred miles east of Indy to Pittsburgh. Roelthlisbooger has been choking like mad this year.

Superbowl winning team what? huh?

how could you say someone who was in a life threatening motorcycle accident followed by an emergency appendectomy is choking. he's play in the NFL. i couldn't play in the NFL without all that shit. it's just miraculous he's playing at all. then again, i think they rushed him back and batch should be in there. batch has a qb rating of 126 and 3 tds. roadburger is also missing a hall of fame (not my vote, but it will happen) rb in jerome bettis and his favorite wr (randle el) is in washington, and hines ward has been hurt. you can't blame it all on roadburger.

manning isn't choking. the deal is, they had all that pressure on them last year to go undefeated. they are simply pacing themselves. they don't want to go undefeated. it doesn't matter. tell me manning is a choke artist after THIS YEARS playoffs.

Personality? Who cares about personality? I just want him to lead the colts on another 13-0 warpath this season. I've picked Indy every week and they haven't let me down. Winning means more for the skill level than you give it credit for.

but fuck it, I'm not completely sober and maybe I'm just giving my own opinion.

how could you say someone who was in a life threatening motorcycle accident followed by an emergency appendectomy is choking. he's play in the NFL. i couldn't play in the NFL without all that shit. it's just miraculous he's playing at all. then again, i think they rushed him back and batch should be in there. batch has a qb rating of 126 and 3 tds. roadburger is also missing a hall of fame (not my vote, but it will happen) rb in jerome bettis and his favorite wr (randle el) is in washington, and hines ward has been hurt. you can't blame it all on roadburger.

manning isn't choking. the deal is, they had all that pressure on them last year to go undefeated. they are simply pacing themselves. they don't want to go undefeated. it doesn't matter. tell me manning is a choke artist after THIS YEARS playoffs.

He made a bad choice, he fucked up. I have no sympathy for fuckups. And you know what? if he's not ready to be playing, HE SHOULDN'T be playing.

His fucking up this summer is no excuse.

Anyway, don't you recall my saying I wish T.O. hadn't failed at committing suicide? No sympathy for fuckups.

That's a whole other story though.

Last edited:
So I'm on a board at my step mom's work and I won 81 bucks again this week. Man. I should have done it on this board. I only have 10 losses.

He made a bad choice, he fucked up. I have no sympathy for fuckups. And you know what? if he's not ready to be playing, HE SHOULDN'T be playing.

His fucking up this summer is no excuse.

Anyway, don't you recall my saying I wish T.O. hadn't failed at committing suicide? No sympathy for fuckups.

That's a whole other story though.

battling through brain and facial reconstructive surgery doesn't mean he is a choke artist though. he lost 3 great players and now he's forcing the issue and trying to do too much. it's like culpepper when smith and moss were gone. there wasn't much left so he tried to put it all on his shoulders. now he's not as great as he could be.

don't get me wrong, i think roadburger is a mediocre quarterback. but give him a little credit. he's working hard with what he has. if he wasn't rushed back he would be fine in another couple weeks of rehab.

I give him all the credit in the world, but day in and day out at work I hear about how great he is. (I work with a pittsburgh fan...)

*cough* overrated

He was a great QB last year, but this year he's just a fuckup in my eyes.

Personality? Who cares about personality? I just want him to lead the colts on another 13-0 warpath this season. I've picked Indy every week and they haven't let me down. Winning means more for the skill level than you give it credit for.
Apparently personality means a lot to you since you think TO should have "succeeded in his suicide" (which BTW was not a suicide attempt but you'd like to think so) because there isn't one bad thing you can say about his game on the football field.

Winning means more for the skill level? WTF does that mean? and if you mean that I don't give enough credit to Manning for winning you're right, because he hasn't won shit. Let's be honest here, what does setting a touchdown record, setting a win streak record, setting a yards per game record, ect. actually mean without a superbowl? it means jack shit. he had 2 years with a unit that was clearly the best in the entire league and he choked both times. You'd think someone would have learned after the first time. Especially someone who calls themself a pro at what they do.

Big Ben has a ring...so therefore he is above peyton manning until manning gets one, if he ever does that is...

I will talk more shit when THIS YEARS play-offs kick off because come SuperBowl time, The Colts will be at home listening to Peyton bitch about the kicker costing them the game...like I said before, he has great individual stats, but where has that gotten him? I bet if you even ask Peyton himself he'll tell you nothing else means shit unless he gets that ring.

So you think Manning is overrated, but Roethli isn't? Big choke artist Ben after his fuckup hasn't played for shit this season. Ring or not... what's Pitts' record this year? That's right. Last year is irrelevant.

Winning means skill. No skill, you're not going to win. Being a fuck up means you're not going to win.

Only reason why they went the distance last year is because of everyone else making Ben look good. Now that he's lost a few of his key players, he's not playing nearly as well as Manning, or hell... Grossman. See my point now? You're telling me Manning is overrated because he doesn't have a ring from SB's past... but I want to know what the relevance of that is since every year members of teams change in the drafts/trades during the offseason anyway.

I would love to see a Chicago vs Indy superbowl. As of right now, I'd vote for Chicago. Because I know Mannings place, I know his skill level. Am I still overrating him?

Anyway, keep on overrating Ben. I'll continue to watch Manning methodically put the ball in the endzone.

Last year is irrelevant yet you keep saying oh Manning has done this and that...and you're refering to last season as well.

OK, if winning means skill what does that say about a team, who 2 years in a fucking row, went 14-2 or better and still have no superbowl ring?

Bottom line is you haven't won a damn thing until you win a championship, plain and fucking simple. Manning is over rated, period. There is more to being a great QB then just throwing TD's and having a winning record.

Furthermore, we are talking about football here, who gives a shit if he fucked up else where.

I don't recall refering to anything last season regarding Manning aside from the 13-0 record.

Well besides How 'awesome' big Ben is from last year, which he can't seem to carry over into this year. His fuck up has everything to do with it.

Now take a midol, bro. Christ. You call my teams QB overrated, but can't take it when I do the same about your team. ;)

1)I don't recall refering to anything last season regarding Manning aside from the 13-0 record.

2)Well besides How 'awesome' big Ben is from last year, which he can't seem to carry over into this year. His fuck up has everything to do with it.

3)Now take a midol, bro. Christ. You call my teams QB overrated, but can't take it when I do the same about your team. ;)
1) My point has been proven
2)I never said his fuck up had anything to do with how poor pitt is doing this year...if you ask me it's just an excuse...
3) My team is Dallas and we haven't talked about my QB...better yet, read post #135 on page 3...you'll find out how I feel about my QB.

What I have been saying about Manning is dead on and you know it, that's why you're the one who is getting irritated. Deep down, you know you can't really call your career complete without a ring. No one on this planet has a goal to do something professionally and not want to end up a champion. Indy has been dominant of the league the last 2 seasons and they are doing the same this year but they absolutely have nothing to show for it. when it comes down to why they have loss the big games, it all comes down to Manning. Everyone else did their assigned jobs and he choked. Even being a split second late on a pass or 1 cm inaccurate, like he was in his big games, cost him a lot. They could have 2 championships right now, going for a 3rd this year there's no doubt about that but he needs to shake the butterflies off and be just as dominant in the play-offs as he is during the season.

Go ask Edgerine James(SP?) maybe he knows something about Manning that we don't and maybe that's why he left...:ph34r:

2)I never said his fuck up had anything to do with how poor pitt is doing this year...if you ask me it's just an excuse...
3) My team is Dallas and we haven't talked about my QB...better yet, read post #135 on page 3...you'll find out how I feel about my QB.

What I have been saying about Manning is dead on and you know it, that's why you're the one who is getting irritated. Deep down, you know you can't really call your career complete without a ring. No one on this planet has a goal to do something professionally and not want to end up a champion. Indy has been dominant of the league the last 2 seasons and they are doing the same this year but they absolutely have nothing to show for it. when it comes down to why they have loss the big games, it all comes down to Manning. Everyone else did their assigned jobs and he choked. Even being a split second late on a pass or 1 cm inaccurate, like he was in his big games, cost him a lot. They could have 2 championships right now, going for a 3rd this year there's no doubt about that but he needs to shake the butterflies off and be just as dominant in the play-offs as he is during the season.

Go ask Edgerine James(SP?) maybe he knows something about Manning that we don't and maybe that's why he left...:ph34r:

you are dead on on most of these points. but james didn't leave because of manning or have any secrets. james liked manning because his passing made a lot of running room open up for him. i read last week in espn the magazine that edge is teaching leinart everything he learned. what are the stats for manning in the playoffs? i don't know and i'm too lazy to look. a lot of people are good qbs that don't win it all. marino, jim kelly, there's a million of them. it doesn't mean they are a choke artist or that they are a bad player. competition gets tough in the playoffs. is mcnabb a choke artist? players get hurt, tired, and frustrated after 18 football games. this is a stupide argument from both sides.

I'm just fuckin around with you. I honestly could care less, but now you know my opinion since you referenced me in one of your previous posts yesterday.

I just find it funny how Ben > Peyton in your eyes simply because Ben has a ring. Meanwhile this season Ben isn't doing any favors for his team and you're still arguing about how he's not overrated.

saying Peyton is anything less than spectacular is simply stupid. I'm not talking about the team and what the team has and hasnt done. Peyton, as a QB, is awesome. He makes throwing the ball look easy, how often does Peyton overthrow, throw widely off target, or make players dive..... not too often. He has dead on accuracy and can throw the ball with some serious speed.

The Colts being able to pull everything together when it matters most is what is questionable, not Peytons ability to get the ball into recievers hands. If you say nay, please link me to his stats during the playoffs and if they are bad, you're right. Prove me wrong, and not by saying what you think or what you classify as "being great".

Week 6 Matchups are up, get your picks in!!!

Week 5 winners are get_nick and TommyTheCat, congrats fellas.

Comeback of the week goes to nick, way to rebound from last week!

And this week im going to enforce a rule that if you go 0-14 for two consecutive weeks, youre out. So civicxsi, this is your last chance. :eek:

Week 5 winners are get_nick and TommyTheCat, congrats fellas.

Comeback of the week goes to nick, way to rebound from last week!

hey man, thanks for calling me out on this. haha, j/k. yeah, i sucked donkey dick the week before. making a comeback boys.

thanks to sean and b for doing this football deal. rep points added...

I'm thinkin about takin away rep points from nick and Tommy. lol

Nah, good job guys. I have a question; being tied for 3rd-4th place, do you just type in the names one by one or do you rank those tied standings? I went from 6th to 4th now on the chart.

Back