fucking bush..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 28 2005, 10:43 AM
rudy is a prick. i can't stand that guy.

if you want the world to turn into cali, vote for rudy, otherwise, don't.
[post=479843]Quoted post[/post]​

How so? On both statements.

he initiated half of the crap that i can't stand.

hell, it is illegal in NYC to smoke a cigarette OUTSIDE walking down the street because of him. you can get a ticket for it.

honk your horn in NYC, and its a $50 fine.

there's tons more stupid little things that just urk me about him and his politics. Makes ya think why he didn't get re-elected?

http://www.vanharken.com/smokingban/pro/pro.html

Looks like Bloomberg is the one who instituted the ban you're talking about (in 2002). But it isn't in effect because of some Health Department issues. Giuliani only said (in 1995) you can't smoke in public places, but gave some exceptions (like small bars and places that ventilate separately).

Don't know about the horn honking thing. Seems ludicrous, but you never know. Personally, I think he did a wonderful job cleaning up NYC. It was in desperate need. And of course, the way that he handled the distaster of 9/11 was outstanding.

And, oh dude - he couldn't get re-elected. He hit the 8-year term limit for mayor. :D Bloomberg ran against some Democrat and beat him.

:shrug2:

i dunno...

as for 9/11. what did HE do? i didn't see him running into the building pulling out people like the FD's were. Anyone can sit around and talk about something. I dunno...

if/when he becomes a candidate, i will have to look into it pretty hard... but as i sit right now, i don't like the guy

Think of it this way, man. NYC is predominantly Democrat/liberal. For him to win decisively for 2 terms is saying something. Every candidate is going to have flaws. W, Gore and Kerry were some of the most flawed candidates we've ever had to vote for. Hell, Giuliani even had his mistress scandal. But, I think he's going to have some shine-through qualities that will begin to surface as he makes his bid for the White House.

id like to see Rudy in office. He did alot for NYC...ALOT. Yes, there were some things that he did that not everyone liked or approved of, but honestly...what political figure hasnt? People of nyc love that guy, atleast my family and friends in nyc do...along with their family..and friends.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 28 2005, 02:07 PM
:shrug2:

i dunno...

as for 9/11. what did HE do? i didn't see him running into the building pulling out people like the FD's were. Anyone can sit around and talk about something. I dunno...

if/when he becomes a candidate, i will have to look into it pretty hard... but as i sit right now, i don't like the guy
[post=479876]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, what did ANYONE else do besides the brave fire fighters on that morning? This is an unfair assertion about him. Whether or not I like him aside, that is not at all a fair way to judge a man. I didn't see any HondaSwap members running up 88 flights of stairs to rescue people either, does that make us a bunch of peopke who sit around and talk about something? I dunno either......

yeah- thats kinda my point. i mean, he obviously didn;t go into the place- but still i cant think of one thing that he DID do either.... i dunno

wasserman.gif

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2005, 02:31 PM
he just sold f16 jets to pakistan.

Currently an Ali -- the middle east is too damn risky to trust anyone.
[post=478606]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, its a GOOD thing that they bought F16's. Currently, the F16 is the MOST popular jet countries purchase for their air-force's.

Pakistan is our ally, its good that we hooked them up with F16's instead of having them go buy Russian Su-35's (far superior to the F16, but uber expensive).

I dont see how a smart business deal with a friendly country is a bad thing. Im not tryin to flame, but i think the Majority of people need to get over their hate for Bush and see that he is doing a good job in many areas.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 25 2005, 07:58 PM
oh yes, i feel much safer knowing that US companies are making money off selling highly advanced fighter jets to pakistan...
[post=478760]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the F-16 isnt a highly advanced fighter jet at all. It has been around since the 1970's and is "outdated".

Thats why the we (the U.S.) are building this http://www.f22-raptor.com/ .

It will blow the doors off anything flying in the air. Oh yeah, and it has Stealth technology (see low radar signiture), Thrust vectoring, and some serious firepower.

Who's winning this thread ?

I'm still counting hop-scotches to see when I can jump in

-> Steve

I dont see how a smart business deal with a friendly country is a bad thing. Im not tryin to flame, but i think the Majority of people need to get over their hate for Bush and see that he is doing a good job in many areas.

you do realize that this "smart business deal" is not helping the america citizens in the least...
its just making more money for the huge corporations, and has a great possibility to further de-stabalize the middle east...
uhmm yeaaaa...??

Actually, the F-16 isnt a highly advanced fighter jet at all. It has been around since the 1970's and is "outdated".

you try making one in your back yard and then tell me its not a highly advanced fighter jet... just because its not the latest model DOES NOT mean its not a potent fighting machine that has the potential to destabalize the middle east even more than it is now...

and uhm.... our ally now? ok thats great...
osama bin laden and saddam hussein were also our allies at one point while they served a purpose...

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Mar 30 2005, 12:42 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 25 2005, 02:31 PM
he just sold f16 jets to pakistan.

Currently an Ali -- the middle east is too damn risky to trust anyone.
[post=478606]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, its a GOOD thing that they bought F16's. Currently, the F16 is the MOST popular jet countries purchase for their air-force's.

Pakistan is our ally, its good that we hooked them up with F16's instead of having them go buy Russian Su-35's (far superior to the F16, but uber expensive).

[post=480679]Quoted post[/post]​

A friendly country that admitted to selling nuclear technology on the black market. Isn't that what we were afraid that "terrorist" nations were going to do? And we give these guys jets? Wouldn't suprise me if one or two of these wind up in REALLY wrong hands.

The F22 may have stealth technology, but LIDAR will see it plain as day.

i dont think bush selling a couple jets to pakistan is really going to pose a threat to us....

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Mar 30 2005, 03:16 PM
i dont think bush selling a couple jets to pakistan is really going to pose a threat to us....
[post=480765]Quoted post[/post]​

I think 9/11 showed us just how much of a threat "a couple jets" can be.

Well, for one, a fighter jet is MUCH smaller, so if it wasn't armed, it wouldn't have done a 10th the damage. And another, flying a fighter in US airspace would be an instant redflag, and not to mention it is a lot harder to fly one than it is to fly a commercial jet.

<----does not support selling anything that goes boom to any other country.

^^ i thought a commercial airliner veering off course would also raise an instant red flag.... we see how well that system works... <_<

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 31 2005, 12:15 AM
^^ i thought a commercial airliner veering off course would also raise an instant red flag.... we see how well that system works... <_<
[post=480831]Quoted post[/post]​

And you know what about responses to FAA violations?

Back