1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h23 to h22 distributor wiring problems

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Supadax, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Supadax

Supadax Junior Member

ok ive spent the past week doing this swap and now the engine is in and it starts up. but the tach does not work at all off of my distributor i got a conneector of 8 cables i know the yellow/black cable was power so spliced it with the external coil connector to get power to the internal coil..... but the tach wires arnt there. and there is no dark blue wire coming out of the distributor. only a baby blue color wire.my harness has to plugs for the distributor but only 1 is coming off the dist. if im missing something please point it out... kinda frustrating ....

email or post on here

thanks

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

I would say that you found the right wire. The tach wire is kind of light in color. I wouldn't call it dark blue. I believe it's the only solid blue wire coming out of your distributor.

3. Supadax

Supadax Junior Member

ok cool ill try it today when i go to the shop. now im just having strange ignition problems

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

If all else fails you can zip tie your external coil into your car and use your old dist.

The only thing i had to do with mine was just splice into the one 12V wire for the external coil, and link it to the other yellow wire on the internal coil dist.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted