Halo 2 Piracy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea, copy have surfaced over here already, not for DL, but hard copies, case and all.

Originally posted by micah@Oct 16 2004, 03:47 AM
i used to practice ut 2k3 with 16 bots on god dificulty on fastest speed possible.

all my friend tried it and the most kills anyone got was like 5, i used to win matches with those settings.

i havent been too much into the fps games lately, but im not shabby.

for like 5 years ive played games up to 10 hours a day, im somewhat of a professional lol.

console gamers might have a reason to like halo, but pc gamers have no reason to :p
[post=403356]Quoted post[/post]​

good for you...i also play all the UT's and i find halo is much more fun...maybe not as difficult, but fun....and its more realsitic to carry 2 weapons instead of like 10 :p

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 17 2004, 11:20 AM
good for you...i also play all the UT's and i find halo is much more fun...maybe not as difficult, but fun....and its more realsitic to carry 2 weapons instead of like 10 :p
[post=403649]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, ive played UT; its much harder but Halo is wwaaayyy funner.

thats why Halo is suc a perfect game. It doesn't take 1,000 hours of play time to be competitive. Almost everyone can at least get kills, and while the bad people might not win, it is a shitload of fun

<---- Plays Halo every day with roomates

more realistic to carry 2 guns?

your on another planet fighting aliens and you want realism?

if realism is what you want- MoH, CoD, RtCW, etc are much more realistic and much better games then halo :p

i dont mean to argue this into the ground, i just simply cant understand how people think halo is the best fps game out there

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 15 2004, 07:35 PM-->
@Oct 15 2004, 07:27 PM
halo is one of the most over rated games ever

sure it might be good for the xbox, but as far as fps games go it is SUB par to many a pc fps game
[post=403221]Quoted post[/post]​

:wallbash:

Best game ever. Blows away counter strike, batlefield vietnam, joint ops, etc....
[post=403224]Quoted post[/post]​

Quake3 Excessive CTF at 150% server speed blows Halo away any day. Not saying Halo is a bad game, my girl and I love to play (and she can whoop ass in it) and it's a great game but it has a LONG way to go before it can stand up against high speed PC fps games.

Let's compare apples to oranges, shall we?

Console vs. PC platform is basically un-comparible. PC has much more potential than a console, along with nerds who use mods, bots, hacks, whatever you want to call them. That's why Ihave pretty much stopped playing CS, DoD, UT2, Q3, etc. All of them either use bots or bitch like bitches when you kill them, accusing you of having a bot. With FPS for Console, all of that shit is eliminated. when you smack someone in the back of their head, or throw a plasma nade on their head, that's all skill. :)

Originally posted by Havok@Oct 17 2004, 11:15 PM

Console vs. PC platform is basically un-comparible. PC has much more potential than a console, along with nerds who use mods, bots, hacks, whatever you want to call them. That's why Ihave pretty much stopped playing CS, DoD, UT2, Q3, etc. All of them either use bots or bitch like bitches when you kill them, accusing you of having a bot. With FPS for Console, all of that shit is eliminated. when you smack someone in the back of their head, or throw a plasma nade on their head, that's all skill. :)
[post=403961]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly..

I prefer PC for FPS games only because console controls give me seizures when I try to aim. I'd probably not mind it so much if I played more often, but all the good console FPSes are on PC as well, so I just buy for PC. I usually play games for the single player aspect anyway.

I still play Natural Selection almost every day after work. :D

Originally posted by Havok@Oct 17 2004, 11:15 PM

[post=403961]Quoted post[/post]​

You go into the wrong servers. I was an admin for one of the first Q3EXCTF servers and we only kickbanned people who we all believed had a bot. The admins would make a collective decision and if we agreed, bam... he's gone.

Anyway, looks like you're saying that Q3 takes little skill. Q3 at the speeds I played at takes extreme skill. Things like a perfect rail shot over a long distance while flying across the air, leading your shots perfectly or being able to BFG jump and cross a map in a few seconds takes massive skill. I used some of that skill in my Halo games... I sometimes prefer using the sniper rifle as a close range weapon. Works well too.

My main complaint with Halo is that it is so damn slow.

i get kicked from some DOD(halflife mod) servers because they think i cheat(happend yesterday also; got 14-2 kill/death ratio with garand :D), but if you go into a public or clan server where the people know the difference between hackers and legit players, its all good.

Q3 does take skill, especially with the rail gun, but yeah Halo is slow compared to PC FPS even with the mods allow you to run as fast as you can (accumulate time or something like that)

I don't prefer fast FPS games. I like the slower, more deliberate FPSes that focus more on a group working together than running amok killing everything that moves. Inevitably, FPS games can be split into two camps - deathmatchers and team players. UT ad Quake just dont do it for me. For me, I pretty much gravitate invariably to the team-oriented half-life mods. Natural Selection pisses me off cause I suck at it, but I enoy a game of CS or DoD once in awhile among friends.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Oct 18 2004, 01:15 PM
I don't prefer fast FPS games. I like the slower, more deliberate FPSes that focus more on a group working together than running amok killing everything that moves. Inevitably, FPS games can be split into two camps - deathmatchers and team players. UT ad Quake just dont do it for me. For me, I pretty much gravitate invariably to the team-oriented half-life mods. Natural Selection pisses me off cause I suck at it, but I enoy a game of CS or DoD once in awhile among friends.
[post=404201]Quoted post[/post]​

With CTF, you have to work as a team. You just need to work a hell of a lot faster. Q3EXCTF takes teamwork, communication and very very fast reflexes. Deathmatch kill frenzies are great for sharpening your skills, but CTF is where the real game is. Also, you don't have the state-sized maps that other games give. You're gonna be in a decently enclosed space and people are always gonna be after you. None of this "Ooh, I got the flag, lemme find the best way to hide from my opponents" crap. You're gonna be fighting for that capture the entire way.

Also in EX, the railgun = crap. Your primary weapon is the Beefy-G and it isn't always the one hit kill weapon you want it to be. That thing needs to be aimed properly to hit. Don't expect your opponent to be standing in the same place that blast is heading for. You've gotta anticipate their next move and land it there.

Don't knock it till ya try it.

I used to play Team Arena - but none of my friends did, and trying to play online was a joke at my skill level. :lol:

apples to oranges? hmmm

you say there is cheating in pc fps games, but you only play halo at lan's.

if you play pc fps at lan's then you know if anyone is cheating or not also

i still dont see the dif :p

Originally posted by Prowler@Oct 18 2004, 05:32 PM
counter strike source is my favorite FPS.
[post=404296]Quoted post[/post]​

fuckin right, that game is SICK!! controls feel better, graphics are smoother, better weapons, better stages....i love it. play atleast once a day.

Back