Help me buy a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its called parents, or a parent in my case. I haven't worked since the end of april. its kind of nice, but at the same time, i'm not used to people buying shit for me anymore, so i want to actually get out and work soon, but school is gonna be hell in the fall semester

I saw that one on Craigs last night...

pissedoffsol said:
yeah, i just don't have time for that crap. he listed it in bristol. I thought it would be a simple go to the dmv on my lunch break thing...
now, i need to go get temp plates and crap to drive it to the dmv for the vin check and what not. plus, its throwing a code, so i'd have to fix that before i even brought it...
it ends up not being worth my time. if it was in town, i'd just drive it home illegally (carefully with insurance on it, just not reg'ed yet) and go to the dmv in the sti to get plates. nice and easy. but its not, so he's not getting my money. and the body has some marks on it, cracked dash, nt450 shitters, and it needs an exhaust and its throwing a cel (i'm gussing 2ndary o2). maybe if it was 1500. but not for 3800 b/o.

I was also noticed you browsing the CEL codes last night...didnt realize the two were related.

I would think in your rusty area a clean hatch is premium. Offer the guy 3200 and close the thread on a happy note!

I begged to buy the last two clean 92-95 hatches here in rust-free AZ and couldnt get to them fast enough and I am on craigs list all day! they were $2000 and $2500 each.

As owner of Honda Swap, I would think it would be good advertising to at least own a 'swap candidate' (maybe a clever/crooked accountant could get you a writeoff?)

Besides, hatches are proven potency enhancers. I, for example, had not sired a child in 7 years until I bought Civicious' clean Hatch. Now, 8 months later, My wife wants to move her due date up a month and hatch our fifth child today!.

~your results may vary~

d.b.cooper said:
Besides, hatches are proven potency enhancers. I, for example, had not sired a child in 7 years until I bought Civicious' clean Hatch. Now, 8 months later, My wife wants to move her due date up a month and hatch our fifth child today!.

~your results may vary~

5th child. i'm selling my eg now, and getting rid of all my honda paraphanelia. shit, i might get off hondaswap now. that is scary. :lol:

get_nick said:
5th child. i'm selling my eg now, and getting rid of all my honda paraphanelia. shit, i might get off hondaswap now. that is scary. :lol:

ding ding ding!

Now i have yet another reason not to get in another honda.

I have a 00 Civic hatch, lamborghini orange with a buddy club kit and no hood (mint body.. mint mint mint) for $6000. Enkei 15" wheels.

20,000 miles, auto.

get_nick said:

bahahahhahahaha funnist thing ever. :D :D :D

Celerity said:
20,000 miles, auto.

damn automatics. they should be banned

I'm thinking of swapping it, but the car is completely unmolested under the hood.

THis seems perfect...

he wants a little much for it...but clean...and appropo.

FS: '93 Honda Del Sol Si AT, 78k mi. exc. cond.

oops...AT...didnt see that, that and we'd have to set up a relay of drivers to get this to Ct from AZ. That and he wants twice what its worth.

on a slightly more serious note, what about a CRV? seems practical in the snow, sporty, and the kind of thing that single chicks with good birth control measures might be willing to go camping in.

Last edited:
how about a used 2000 style prelude? i loved mine especially since im built wide as well.

6500 for a del sol? ROFL!

i sold my swapped sol with 18 sets of wheels for less than that. lol

preludes are kinda too much for the money type deal. everyone who owns them think they are still brand new and worth a fortune around here.

Yes, I know...

pissedoffsol said:
6500 for a del sol? ROFL!

i sold my swapped sol with 18 sets of wheels for less than that. lol

preludes are kinda too much for the money type deal. everyone who owns them think they are still brand new and worth a fortune around here.

At the time I bought Will's I was considering yours but the distance/shipping costs eliminated it as practical.

Ok, I couldn't read through this whole thread but at first I was thinking the Accord/TL/CL has your name written all over it. Then I thought, & I know its not as classy as the others but the Honda CRV is great all around daily commuter.
1) ITs a honda, so reliable
2) Has a little more room to lug shit around in.
3) Decent fuel ecomony.
4) Won't kill the wallet.
5) For kicks, slap a VTEC head on for a little more fun :)

Thats the route I will eventually be taken when I get a DD.

reckedracing said:
werd, i don't want to work...
how do you do it?

unemployment for the time being. i was working cutting down trees before and instead of working somewhere else for a month or two or untill we get this shop going i get free cash lol. honestly its just enough for bills and its starting to get old... quick..

you picky bitch. here's a red paperclip. find your own damn car. :lol:

images.jpg

I'm telling you, the legacy or outback is where its at..

reliable, decent enough to pick up a few costomers and take to lunch, they come AWD for the winter, decent MPG, can be fixed up if your bored, re-sale value is insane, 5 speed or auto, can pick up decent sized item in the back, Air conditioned, and the heater rocks in the winter. And I thought my FWD was AWD and I went everywhere in bad weather. your insurance will be better since it has ABS, and it's a station wagon. and everything is swappable later on for boost. I commute everyday 63 miles, and still haven't had a problem and it's already at 167,001 miles..I got it at 148ish for $1200...and I just dump oil, fuel filter, air filter and common shit on it...but I got new brakes for it, a new steering rack and wheels...and a CD player...the car rocks. IT even hauls a decent amount of tires for drift events....hehe

eh, i was less than pleased with subaru
my grand mother had an auto legacy? wagon
tranny took a dump at like 40K
then the oil seals, prob cam seals were leaking so much oil you couldn't see out of the back window
it was horrible

have you thought about an integra B?
should meet all your criteria

Back