here's what i'm thinking of doing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Two cars is wonderful. Get the M and a daily driver.

Also, I got a two-way alarm with my Camaro. It's a definate must-have. I love it. Every car in the future that I buy will get one.

id rather walk than drive an auto by choice... is's do nothing for me...
if we got an altezza here, maybe i'd re-consider... lol

Quoted post[/post]]
I don't think I could see myself buying a car thats 9 years old, a year away from hitting 100,000miles and still $16,000 regardless of the car.

For this reason and the impracticality of the RWD in the snow is why I bought the WRX. If winters weren't so bad and the car wasn't so damned expensive even when a good portion of its life has been used, I would be driving a M3 - more than likely the coupe though. :)

I agree completely with this. No matter what used car you buy, you are buying someone elses headache. Especially for that much man, just stick with the STi and buy the Si for a DD.

I don't think an E36 M3 is > STi. I've driven many of them and they're nice and all, but not all everyone cracks them up to be. The STi has so much more to offer than the M, except for pussy pull factor (which we all know B needs help with.). :) My buddy is selling his white 95 M for 13.5k with 77k miles on it. It is PRISTINE. CA car, rust who? :p

that M3 is sic.. by far my fav. body style.. and the hatch.. perfect for a daily driver..

E36 > STi...stock vs stock, maybe not, but in the end, the E36 is the better buy (i was gonna say investment, but this is a car...). I know B isnt gonna mod his M3, but an M3 with a light turbo will KILL on a track.

pic up a nice old car somthing from the 60-70's it only goes up in value and they hall ass and look good

Quoted post[/post]]
E36 > STi...stock vs stock, maybe not, but in the end, the E36 is the better buy (i was gonna say investment, but this is a car...). I know B isnt gonna mod his M3, but an M3 with a light turbo will KILL on a track.
Maybe I'm the only person on earth who buys cars to keep them? :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
pic up a nice old car somthing from the 60-70's it only goes up in value and they hall ass and look good

nio thanks.

i like to turn

Common misconception of the idioerati - They turn just as well as normal cars. Add traction bars, tub them out and do the common things that people do to them and any car will lose it's ability to turn. My Firebird with it's leaf springs in back and unequal A-Arms up front handled and cornered just as well as my Supra, and give it a blip of the throttle and it would ass out everytime :) You'll find that if you give the same amount of attention to the suspension and cornering systems that we give to our Hondas (At a lesser cost too) any american muscle will corner just as well.

How well does the Del Sol with stock suspension, wheels and tires corner ? Not well enough to suit our needs I can tell you that much.

My appreciate falls on deaf ears here, and they always will - Jap car lovers simply won't hear about what America has to offer. And for notes sake: On all the other american muscle sites I'm a member of, they all appreciate the fact that I'm into imports. The mirror once again has two faces.

That said, If you buy any car "stock" and you want to be satisfied with their performance, you're GOING to spend money. That's the name of the game. If you buy cheap, and then build around it, you'll get there but with effort. I do believe that's why EVERYONE OF US on Hondaswap is here. You could go out and buy a $1000 240SX, pour about $10k into it, or you can buy a Corvette and be done with it. The choice is yours. Neither is right or wrong.

and along that line, I have a threadjack underway: I was talking to someone here about "That hot little NX2000 in the lot" and it turned out to be his (Ironically, he's owned most of the cars I've owned, from the Firebird / Trans Ams to Supras and even Celicas). And he said to me, with a straight face "Yeah, that's my piece of shit winter beater. I have a G35 that gets my attention". Prime example: He can't believe I'm sinking all this effort into an NX2000, when his is in great shape and he considers it a piece of junk.

I could get all flustered about it, but I'm more upset to see him consider the car "a piece of shit" than I am to think of myself sinking 100s of man hours and dollars into a car that most consider a waste of time.

When it comes down to it, you all ... we all, need to stop being such fuckin snobs about the vintage of our cars and just be happy to like what we like and have what we have. Life is not about getting what you want, it's wanting what you have - and I think that we seem to lose track of that. I would MUCH rather put around town in a 1927 HispanoSuiza than a 2006 BMW. That's just me. They both cost the same.

So while you go on and on (And you being collective) about how you somehow deserve a car newer than 10 years old, keep in mind that you don't, and your opinions are unfounded and overall make you sound snotty and unapproachable.

-=> Steve

um, no...

its just that i know what i like, and i will never ever be happy driving a muscle car ever.

they do NOTHING for me.

can i aprpeciate it? sure. i go to classic car shows all the time.
but as a driver, they do nothing for me.

maybe i'm a snob. but i know what i want and what will make me happy.... and that simply is not even close to it.

i'd rather have a $1200 dollar hundai excel thats berat to shti than a $1200 67 chevelle thats beat to shit.

I'm late..........M3 with an opinionated driver FTW.

Quoted post[/post]]
um, no...

its just that i know what i like, and i will never ever be happy driving a muscle car ever.

they do NOTHING for me.

can i aprpeciate it? sure. i go to classic car shows all the time.
but as a driver, they do nothing for me.

maybe i'm a snob. but i know what i want and what will make me happy.... and that simply is not even close to it.

i'd rather have a $1200 dollar hundai excel thats berat to shti than a $1200 67 chevelle thats beat to shit.
My Camaro certainly does something for me that most the imports can't. Go sideways :cool:

Back