How do you secure your car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You guys make me laugh with all your pulling ECU fuses and injector grounds.

IMO alarms are worthless, no hardly even looks when one goes off, nor do they bother to go and try and stop whoever is towing it.

Plus, if the theif was smart and didn't want to set off an alarm, couldn't he just disconnect the ground, lol?

yeah but what if the battery is not in the stock location?

IC.

Actually I think it would be best to have a second mini battery. Then the thief THINKS that he unhooked the power. Obviously you would want to fuse it, lol!

it still gets towed nice and easy...

the best thing to do is to not take your nice car anywhere you can't be with it.

it still gets towed nice and easy...

the best thing to do is to not take your nice car anywhere you can't be with it.

this i know..

and it was sitting in the driveway right under my window, nice area too

get a mirage and park it on the street. leave the doors unlocked. windows down. key in the ignition.

leave for a week, come home, get in your car and drive away.

ahhh, to not own a honda :)
And I think I would love your Mirage over my Teg.

Yeah, I bought another battery for when I install my alarm, just need to find a good place to put it, that is semi-hidden.

one mirage a year vs a million civics a month ... im honestly not worried about it.

i have an alarm and a kill switch regardless. i dont have a system.

and im ON mirageforums. hell im a mod, and #1 poster :)

True true, I wish I didn't have to worry about theft, but I don't like working on Mirage's.

We put a switch in Chad's car after that event. He might be getting an alarm soon, but I know he is planning on selling it and getting a Civic soon.

Yea he quit getting on mirage forums cuz he figured out the mirage doesnt have alot of potential for what he wants

civics and mirages are pretty much the same to work on. lots more quality parts available for a mirage, caveat being you have to order them from overseas like i've been doing.

civics and mirages are pretty much the same to work on. lots more quality parts available for a mirage, caveat being you have to order them from overseas like i've been doing.

Eh they are similar but chads simply put up a fight with everything we tried to do.

Im guessing that is because Mirage's have far more aftermarket support in AUS than here? Its opposite for Civics.. most of the aftermarket support is here..

Prolly explains why chad never got into his mirage.. didnt feel like paying to have everything shipped internationally

nothing to do besides keep it inside my friend lives in Nashville TN and his 95 dx auto that had no mods got stolen with go jacks and a wrecker it was recovered 6hr after reported missing complety gutted and finders hood deck lid and doors taken off insureance is your only hope all other attemps at protection are worthless

My personal advise, for high theft areas:

1: Install a good alarm with shock/tilt sensors.
2: Lock the doors every time.
3: Don't leave anything valueable in sight in the car.
4: Full Coverage insurance.

Be done with it. Anything beyond that and they will get your car no matter what you do. If they are that motivated, all the gadgets in the world won't stop them.

4: Full Coverage insurance.

Yeah but how does your insurance work? because mine will only give me the value of the car according to KBB and its def not worth it to pay for insurance, just to get the book value of the car

Back