I Dont care about the RHD Haters... ITS ON!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all it boils down to is

whatever blows your skirt up :p

Originally posted by micah@Jun 4 2005, 12:32 AM
all it boils down to is

whatever blows your skirt up :p
[post=507656]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, Im sorry but i dont wear a skirt. I prefer the "Whatever Floats your boat" And if proper, you can add "just dont come sailing by me"

Thanks guys for the support. Tomarow the firewall gets swizaped.

Its gona be safe, and 100% seam welded. While im at it, with the whole car stripped, im gona seam weld the whole car. From my understanding it makes the chassis alot more rigid.

And sadly, i totaly understood what you ment 93_Db2
BTW, this is gettin an exterior makeover too... Si blue (yeah i know its not that diffrent, but im in love with that color) Blue carbon/kevlar hood, roof, and tailgaite. MAYBE do the carbon/kevlar wheel flares as well. Whatever i do, im keeping it clean and classy.
Like i said, its my dream car, so by golly, im gona make it a reality.

BTW, i got the JDM clip TOTALY dissasembled. I took my time to unerstand how it was assembled, to do the best, cleanest, and strongest install.

so how long have you been working on the conversion? im thinkin about doin the same thing and just wanna see how long it would take.

Originally posted by 93_db2@Jun 5 2005, 06:20 AM
so how long have you been working on the conversion? im thinkin about doin the same thing and just wanna see how long it would take.
[post=508060]Quoted post[/post]​

Im taking my sweet time, payin attention to every detail. I have a bout 35 hours of work into it so far. I dont see this firewall replacement taking too long.

Holy shit!!! I was very suprised the doors lined up as well as they did. I know he had to do a million measurments to get that just right. I hope his car go's straight down the road!

Seam welding = :thumbsup:

Good luck on finishing the build- just make sure you finish! Keep the pictures coming.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 5 2005, 06:42 PM
Seam welding = :thumbsup:

Good luck on finishing the build- just make sure you finish! Keep the pictures coming.
[post=508253]Quoted post[/post]​

Glad someone else knows about that. :ph34r:
There is no way im gona not finish.

Another idea would be to hit up that 2part foam stuff and cram it into every hollow structure on my car... Nothin like a stiff chassis... lol.

Yup. I'd seam weld the Civic if I was going to tear it all down... I'd LOVE to have that done. Structural foam filler is also :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 5 2005, 10:37 PM
Yup. I'd seam weld the Civic if I was going to tear it all down... I'd LOVE to have that done. Structural foam filler is also :thumbsup:
[post=508332]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, i figure with a project like this, why not take every oppertunity to better my car while im at it.

Well, Today was D-Day, No turning back now.

I woke up, and gutted the rest of the interior from the back seats foreward.
768955_105_full.jpg

Then i headed up to the hardware store and picked up a couple new sawzll blades. Its Time.

I started off by cutting most of the firewall out.
768955_106_full.jpg

I then trimmed it a bit closer.

768955_108_full.jpg

Starting on the interior side now, cutting and trimming everything i dont need out.
768955_104_full.jpg

Its hot and humid as balls outside. Cant wait to start welding :blink:

:worthyp: i could never do that to my car....good luck :shocked:

best of luck. looks good so far. and now i know why Phyre wants that front end so bad, it looks really bad ass. i got a question though, ok, steering wheel on right, clutch on right or left? 1st gear on right or left? i dont think i'd be too comfy shifting with my left hand though, so again, BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Originally posted by SiLude@Jun 6 2005, 02:56 PM
best of luck. looks good so far. and now i know why Phyre wants that front end so bad, it looks really bad ass. i got a question though, ok, steering wheel on right, clutch on right or left? 1st gear on right or left? i dont think i'd be too comfy shifting with my left hand though, so again, BEST OF LUCK!!!!
[post=508582]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks guys..

The steering wheel is on the right, the pedals are the exact same as LHD, clutch on left, brake, and gas on right.

The shifter is the same as USDM as well, 1st is upper left, 2nd is lower left, etc.

I just think its gona be wierd clutchin and shiftn with the same side of my body, B.C. if you think of it, your used to using the oppisite hand as the clutch to shift. My right side of my brain needs to learn how to shift now. lol.

I remember when i first started driving stick, and i wasnt too comfortable shifting with either hand. lol. I will have to learn how to drive.

So far, the hardest part was geting the RHD firewall out of the RHD clip. We will see how i feel when it comes to wiring it back up.

At this stage so far, would i do another one? Yes. I may have to, lol. Going from RHD to LHD every day is gona mess with my ADD. lol.

I accedently cut a wrong part of the new firewall so i had to patch it. Pissed me off tho.

Also, while swingin the hammer, i took a good chunk out of my middle finger, i probaly need stitches, but im in the mood to do some RHD'n today, not any hospitalization. lol.

Im just taking my time. I dont think im gona have the new firewall in today, still trying to figure out exactly how im gona get it in and incorporate it into the chassis.

Its been fun if anything so far. Its all about the blood sweat and tears.

Ok, I just got the firewall and chassis finaly trimmed. The firewall is ready for welding, but i need to get the upper part (the cowl, and where the steering columb goes) finished before i can install the firewall.

Thats gona be the tuff part. Im trying to remove the lower piece and figure out how to install the new one without messing up the vent chanel thats built into it.

I think i gotta go get my tetnis shots renewed by now...

I finaly got everything trimmed, well mostly everything. Still got to trim the underdash on the car, but after thats done, its weldin time...

Here are the pics, of course.

This is my workshop. Yep. I know. :ph34r:
768955_111_full.jpg

Startin to trim the JDM firewall
768955_109_full.jpg

Trimmin the chassis.
768955_110_full.jpg

Interior shot...
768955_114_full.jpg

I trimmed a little extra, Nothin a little metal cant fix.
768955_113_full.jpg

The underdash as i decided to call it, chillin on the workbench, finaly trimmed.
768955_115_full.jpg

Test Fitting the underdash, Still need to trim the stock one.
768955_117_full.jpg

Thats it for today, i got to go clean up.

Back