I got my new header and have a few ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gunna give him credit for calling it a header. I see more ppl than I can count say they just put headers on their Honda.

haha come on guys, give me a break

but w.e ill try all this, bbl with results
: )

p.s.

headers are plural
header singular(i have)

I'm glad to hear the brakes are fixed. I would have responded sooner, but i still have no power at my house from hurricane Ike. luckily my friend has power

yah brakes are good,

but guys update!

- took me and my buddy some time but we sawed the old flex pipe off and we got the old one off, cleaned up the area when they came off, then put the new flex pipe and header on, everything went great, besides one thing.

the o.2 senson from the old mani. is so friggin corroded on there i cant get it off to put in the new header....... so i p.b blasted it and hopefully it wil loosen up for tomroow, otherwsie i was thinking of taking it to a local mechanic and have him get it off......

any other ideas???

but other than that it all went on great!!!

so i p.b blasted it and hopefully it wil loosen up for tomroow, otherwsie i was thinking of taking it to a local mechanic and have him get it off......

any other ideas???

but other than that it all went on great!!!

Just buy a new O2, it will be cheaper than having the old one taken out, and will be new.:D

Soak it with brake fluid, it will act as a rust penetrant and loosen it up. If that don't work, just replace to o2 sensor.

ok guys so i got the o2 out and got it in the new header,

i started it up and it started fine and all, so i go for a drive

and it sounds like shit! its crackleing and back fireing sounds comeing from the tip..... i have no idea why, i hooked everything up great......

please any usefull info qwill help!

tahnks

please guys i really dont no why its crackleing at like 2 and 3 rpm, and it justy sounds like shit

any ideas?

no basicly when ever i get on the gas it just like rattles and crackles and back fires all those types of sounds, is there anything i ..... mistightened or idk,, when i drive it just soundds nasty.......

Are you sure the noise is coming out of the exhaust pipe, or does it sound like its in the engine bay?

Well if it was loose and you used the paper gasket that came with it.....wait, did you even replace the gasket between the head and your new header?

yes i replaced them and its liek a metal / paper one that came woth it

so idk man?

Ok, well if it was loose and you drove the car, or ran it at all for that matter, chances are its garbage now. Take it apart and check, and replace it if it needs it.

Maybe. There could be a number of things makin it pop. Thats just where Id start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back