I got my new header and have a few ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
how will i no if it needs to be replaced, it looks fine... what else cud it be anyone??? im so embarred driving it

dude, if it didn't do this before you put the header on and your header is the only thing you fucked with then it has to be the header. change the gasket. even if it looks okay do it anyways and make sure you tighten the new one down a lot better than you did the old one.

how hard do i tighten the heasder to the block , like from a 1-10 1 being the weakest - 10 being hardest i can tighten

thanks guys

well you actually attach it to the head, but i'd think you should tighten it to torque specs

That crackiling or what ever u call it deffinetly sounds like its the exhaust as the other guy said check the exhaust manifold gasket or it could be further down the exhaust theres another gasket thats inbetween where the 2 pipes atatch to the 1 pipe its lyk a donut type gasket there cheap lyk 8 bucks

and as far as getting those other bolts tight just give them all some good muscle those gaskets are made to crush

30 ft pounds isn't really that tight. It'd be best to use a torque wrench

The torque on a B-series motor is 23-lb. Don't know if it's the same for F's, but it's something that if he searched for, he could figure out...

Has anybody told this kid to recheck the torque after running the engine, I've seen the header bolts that are torqued down come loose from the heat from the engine, and require to be retorqued.

Has anybody told this kid to recheck the torque after running the engine, I've seen the header bolts that are torqued down come loose from the heat from the engine, and require to be retorqued.

From what I gather he doesn't have a torque wrench, he's just guessing...

yea.. he's using his strength as a reference on a 1-10 scale...

91accord, back away from your car.. you have no business touching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back