i got scammed by mellowboy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA69

well its pretty simple. i sent a money order to mellow boy for a distributor back in early december. he has given me a ton of lame excuses on why he has not sent it out. now for the past 2 weeks he doenst respond to my emails anymore. so i gave him one last one that said either send me my money or a tracking number or i will report you. well still no response. so im just telling all of you to watch out for him. :angry:

damn i've knew mellowboy(from the internet) for a while since back when he was posting at automotiveforums.com. he nvr seems to skip out on anyone and was very helpful to many people, but i guess you nvr know. try checking automotiveforums.com and see if he's on there. sry to here about it tho.

Here's what you need to do... compile every email and IM convo that went on between you two (you did save all that, right?), then you need to contact the state police in his county and present it to them. Interstate mail fraud is a federal offese. They *WILL* pursue it.

hey thanx loco. yes i have all of it. i have given him every oportunity to right himself. it just seems like he is never gonna come thru. its been almost 2 months. so that is more than enough time. but before i go to the police. i am gonna make one last attepmt to contact him and give him the choice. thanx for all of your help everyone. i really just put this out here so none of yall get scammed by him.

Maybe email him with what you're going to do and what the repercussions will be. I assume you have his mailing address and phone #?

LOCO is right i lost 1200 dollars over the net on a turbo kit and the postal fruad division track that mothu down and i got my money back when he found out he wopuld be going to jail for a long ass time! So listen to LOCO it took me 6 months to get it back but i got it all

hey I mean, 35 dollars sucks and all. but look at it this way, you still have another 35 in your pocket....Don't worry about it. I'm not insensitive and yes someone has taken money from me before but here's what really put things into perspective for me.
Rewind to business 100 class yesterday. We split into groups and are discussing foreign business aspects such as social, political, technology. Our group was assigned technology, and everyone was saying things along the lines of "their computers and cell phones aren't up to speed with us". Sounded pretty simple until one short quiet guy said "In my country people don't have electricity."

Back