I love boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
. . . Yeah, i drove my car around a little and all i have to say is boost is great
to make this relavant
I have a B18b1, t25 turbo, www.phearable.com chipped an ecu for me, dsm 440 cc injectors, johnnyracecar.com intercooler, custom charge piping and custom exhaust with a stupid bright red cherry bomb muffler but it is hidden somewhat so it's ok., act flywheel and extreme pressure clutch.

Quoted post[/post]]
. . . Yeah, i dorve my car around a little and all i have to say is boost is great
to make this relavant
I have a B18b1, t25 turbo, www.phearable.com chipped an ecu for me, dsm 440 cc injectors, johnnyracecar.com intercooler, custom charge piping and custom exhaust with a stupid bright red cherry bomb muffler but it is hidden somewhat so it's ok., act flywheel and extreme pressure clutch.

Sweet. Hey man, how many miles per gallon are you getting? I have an ls turbo myself and the best I've gotten is around 25mpg. Are you on stock internals? Also, how much boost are you running?

not sure about miles per gallon yet, next weekend i am taking it to jersey to break in the clutch, so i can figure out then.
Internals are stock, I am running 8 psi.
All the turbo components are of a 91 DSM, BOV, turbo, wastegate, manifold.

wtf mate?
misplaced post?

I am trying to get around 200 whp, hope fully this will fufill my goals, down the road a ways is new ignigtion stuff after tuning.

I was thinking that too down the road, it will be easy to switch in a larger turbo i can just look at what is available for DSMs and use that since it is the same, this build won't be done for a while like all project cars. but I am going to be broke for a while.

i like the last part of that.

but i am going to be broke for a while

truer words were never spoken by a mechanic.

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

I'm confused...

The turbo from a 91 DSM is a 14b, or a 13b for an automatic... T25's are off 2nd gen GST's and GSX's.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

I'm confused...

The turbo from a 91 DSM is a 14b, or a 13b for an automatic... T25's are off 2nd gen GST's and GSX's.
They are on 2nd gen's...a 14b is off a 1st gen which is what a 91 is...but hes saying that all the other stuff is off a 1st gen...maybe you have the turbos mixed up?

I am guessing......$1100? Becuase his setup is what im going to do lol....are you running crome? I wasn't paying attention to what you had....14b spool nice dont' they? I'm hoping to get this one from a guy on THIS SITE!!!! lol you know who you are tylanol.

tally goes like this i haven't done it yet so this is good for me too
$125
Turbo w/ internal wastegate
BOV
Manifold
Injectors
$150 for non vtec ecu from phearable
$160 johnnyracecar intercooler
$50 boost gauge
$20 for vacume pipe and T connectors
$??? unknown amoutn for piping, i kinda work at an exhaust shop and they didn't ask me to pay yet
same goes for down pipe and exhaust
$900 for a wrecks integra that i used everythihing i could off of.

Quoted post[/post]]
no, jody is right. 1st gen = 14b
2nd gen = t25

Damn skippy I am.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was talking about the guy that HAS the turbo. Not jody.

Yeeeah! Blame the n00b! :p

Oh, and BTW, with a bigger turbo that has to spool up moreso than a smaller one... Imagine the difference between a 6 foot tall kiddie swingset in the backyard and the big huge badass ones at the park at full tilt swinging... Yes, it's AT LEAST that big of a difference.

Back