I never needed this until now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Personally...:

I think the message got a little weird for a second. It redeemed itself at the end though. I would have kept it all in general terms and sold the dream.

You should show up at her house with two crispy tacos and a Baja Blast with two straws in it and be like "please give me a second chance" ......lol jk DONT do that bahahaha

Wow.. This one will be interesting. Its just a little stalkerish, but also kind of nice... She'll be creeped out or totally blown away..

Assuming she didn't become a nun or a lesbian because there was this one guy who she was infatuated with that blew her off because he wouldn't drive a few miles for a date a few years back, thus tearing out her heart and forcing her into a convent. Or into the arms of a very butch woman in lumberjack clothing...

LOL. Interesting concept.

Almost exactly how I would have done it. :thumbsup:

Like Calesta, I would have done it the same way you did. As others have said, the worst that happens is...well, nothing. Even if a friendship is kindled out of the thing, it's a step in the right direction and it may make it easier to proceed with her, or to open the door for future endeavors.

Good luck man.

the one thing i like better about myspace over facebook is that it tells you when the message is read

I don't read messages that are sent straight to me (using the message/mail thing) on facebook until I accidentally stumble across them. If its written on my wall I know about it pretty much instantly. I have found messages that were sent 2+ months earler..

hrm, a chick whos too busy for facebook usually means
a) shes not tech savvy (but then, she wouldn't have a facebook anyway)
b) shes been 'busy' :(

or, like a lot of people i know, she only has a facebook to have one, and doesnt feign to get on everyday like some people.
not everybody is addicted to the interwebs.

hrm, a chick whos too busy for facebook usually means
a) shes not tech savvy (but then, she wouldn't have a facebook anyway)
b) shes been 'busy' :(

I like to think that not everyone is like you where they can spend all day online.

Anyway, she posted something on the news feed thing, i dunno if she read it or not.

It could go either way then. It all depends on how closely she pays attention to everything but her news feed. I know that I pretty much ignore everything in the top right corner because 99% of the time it's just stupid shit. You know, "Join my gang in Mobsters!" At the same time, I also ignore pretty much everything at the top too, like my inbox. If she's still a box of nails, I'm sure she gets a ton of messages "whats up sexy wanna go out?"
I know all I ever get are local show messages and college radio show messages. Hence why my inbox probably has somewhere around 30 unread messages in it.

Let us know how it goes. Like it was already said, worst case scenario is she reads it and isn't into it. Not like you work with her, or even see her. You haven't in 5 years, right?

Best of luck.

I like to think that not everyone is like you where they can spend all day online. .

Granted, but every girl i know is ALWAYS on their damn phone and checking facebook and texting constantly. so annoying

i'm on facebook only when i'm home, online working... when i'm out, i'm out. i barely ever even reach for my phone.

why did you ask for advice AFTER you had sent it?

next time, just add the girl. start slow.

1st message: Hi, how are you? It's been forever

2nd message: Yeah, I thought you were pretty cool. what have you been doing for the last 5 years?

3rd message: i'm good, working and building my house.

4th message: want to hang out some time?

5th message: ###-###-#### call or text me sometime.

Do NOT, i repeat DO NOT message her again until you get a call or text. serious. this lets her make the moves and show interest. if you keep sending your number, you will come off as whiney and too needy.

take her to your taco bell date, hang out.

6th message: can i pittb?

why did you ask for advice AFTER you had sent it?

next time, just add the girl. start slow.

1st message: Hi, how are you? It's been forever

2nd message: Yeah, I thought you were pretty cool. what have you been doing for the last 5 years?

3rd message: i'm good, working and building my house.

4th message: want to hang out some time?

5th message: ###-###-#### call or text me sometime.

Do NOT, i repeat DO NOT message her again until you get a call or text. serious. this lets her make the moves and show interest. if you keep sending your number, you will come off as whiney and too needy.

take her to your taco bell date, hang out.

6th message: can i pittb?

I agree 100%. The way you came on was like something out of a cheesy movie. Observe:

Guy: "I should have never let you go"

Girl: "Oh Jack, It's too late. I've moved on."

Guy: "What, to your husband? I'm way better than that limp dick faggot!"

Girl: "Ya, I guess you are. I can't believe it took me all these years to realize!"

Guy: "Ya you're pretty stupid but you have a great ass and perfect tits so I'll let it slide"

Girl: "Ya, I know. So, are we gonna fuck or what?"

Granted, but every girl i know is ALWAYS on their damn phone and checking facebook and texting constantly. so annoying

i'm on facebook only when i'm home, online working... when i'm out, i'm out. i barely ever even reach for my phone.

Do you hang out with a lot of 21-22 year olds? :ph34r:

She works for a financial company as a customer representative, I know this because a friend of mine was in training with her at the same time. I know they're not allowed on facebook at work. The fact that she's only been on to post anything once every sunday just tells me she periodically checks it.

I put myself out there like I normally don't do, and I don't care if it was cheesy. She may ignore it, she may be flattered.

If she's the same person I knew her to be, she's probably contemplating on calling but scared at the same time because she has her own insecurities.

She'd literally have everyone at Ingram hitting on her all day, so I left her alone for 6 months. One of the first things she said was "I didn't think you liked me because you never talked to me." She's not self absorbed or petty in any way I've ever seen.

I'm terrified that she'll say no, if she read it, but at the same time. I tried, I did something I normally wouldn't do.

ah, indeed
definately TTIWWOP

2000si, how can you be so patient?

edit:
i would have got her talking at the beginning
so then you wouldn't have to wonder, if she stopped talking, you get the hint.

I didn't jump into it right at the beginning because I found her on facebook, the next day she accepted the friend request and I wasn't about to say OMG DATE ME NOW right off the bat.

It took about 3 weeks before I finally got up the nerve to just send her that message.

I was all cool, I found her cause I had occasionally thought about her over the past 5 years wishing I hadn't deleted her number. After I'd quit ingram I finally got up the nerve to ask her out and she'd said she'd went back with her boyfriend. They were 'split' but still talking when I went to her graduation party in 05 (which was before I quit ingram).

So basically I waited 4 years to just FIND her again, whats another few days or week?

Edit: no pictures, I'm not going to plaster her all over the internet.

Back