If you wont take it voluntarily.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

obama said it best in a recent time magazine.

It's easy to be friends to the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

In his case he was referring to what we have, and what we want.

I believe he's friends with the bill he has, and not the one he doesn't yet because they haven't done the work for a VIABLE reform.

sweet.
bumping this back up.

Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News

somebody finally had the balls to slam it down and take the first step to getting this into the supreme court.
but, obama probably has all of them in his pockets so it may not do a damn thing for us.
but, theres always a little hope, right?

Better than nothing up to this point. He said he would never vote for a repeal if it made it to his desk so this is the only other way.

Secondly, he has more rep than me ; ;;;;;.

It is just unconstitutional. End of story, the Government has absolutely no power to force anyone to buy anything. It goes well beyond the money aspect. I am sick and tired of them back dooring absolutely everything. Ever since the New Deal its been downhill. Oh we cant actually get it approved via constitutional methods well then we will just draft bullshit legislation and run it through the 9th Circuit and cross our fingers the Supreme Court wont take the case.

i've said it before.. FDR was the worst president in history.

There is absolutely no doubt about that. On top of this healthcare bill pissing me off I am sick and tired of Congress talking about how renewing the Bush tax cuts will cause a X trillion dollars in debt. What in the hell are they doing spending money that they don't actually have yet? And for Obama to stand at the podium and tell us that we are going to receive an amazing economic stimulus out of renewing the Bush tax cuts is just insulting. How in the fuck is it a stimulus if NOTHING is changing. This is along the same vein as well, what in the hell is Pelosi smoking when she says that the unemployment extension is a stimulus plan?

There is absolutely no doubt about that. On top of this healthcare bill pissing me off I am sick and tired of Congress talking about how renewing the Bush tax cuts will cause a X trillion dollars in debt. What in the hell are they doing spending money that they don't actually have yet? And for Obama to stand at the podium and tell us that we are going to receive an amazing economic stimulus out of renewing the Bush tax cuts is just insulting. How in the fuck is it a stimulus if NOTHING is changing. This is along the same vein as well, what in the hell is Pelosi smoking when she says that the unemployment extension is a stimulus plan?

Obama has proposed keeping the rate the same for everyone... maintaining the status quo.

Im baffled at why he didnt propose letting the Bush cuts expire for the +250,000 people and simultaneously LOWERING the rate BELOW the Bush rate for the -250,000 people. Im sure his liberal congress would pass something like that and love it. Most Americans would probably also be happy with a plan like this.

i like how poor people bitch and complain about the tax cuts, but are happy that unemployment is extended 13 more months.

hey you stupid fucks, who do you think is fucking paying for your unemployment? not you. your shit ran out a long time ago. it's the people with investments and steady income paying for you. if these tax cuts don't stick around, money is going to be ripped away from our markets and invested elsewhere. you dont' think people would put them money in other banks and countries? most of these people haven't paid taxes in YEARS....so shut the fuck up about people who pay both taxes and YOUR weekly income getting a tax break.

/rant.

Last edited:
i personally dont believe there should be unemployment.
or at most it should only last 4 to 6 weeks. tops.

I know a lot of people that are on or have been on unemployment.
all of them refused to look for a job until the benefits ran out.

its a stupid program and needs to be done away with.

i personally dont believe there should be unemployment.
or at most it should only last 4 to 6 weeks. tops.

I know a lot of people that are on or have been on unemployment.
all of them refused to look for a job until the benefits ran out.

its a stupid program and needs to be done away with.
unemplyment is NOT welfare.

as an employee, your employer pays unemployment INSURANCE for you in the case you may be laid off.

When you collect, you are collecting the benefits of your insurance policy.

While I agree it isn't a perfect system by any means, without it, the entire country would have went to shit 2 years ago real fast.... i'm talking Beverly hills -> detroit in a matter of months.

well, if its a system that needs to stay, it needs to be done completely differently.
the amount that employers pay in doesnt even come close to what gets paid out.
and theres no reason for it to last as long as it does.

like most other things, it doesnt need to be run by the government. they just take the money thats paid in and use it for other things, then wonder where the money is when its needed.
i dont care that the companies have to pay in on the insurance, allowing people to be on unemployment for so long is ridiculous. like i stated above, not a single person that i know has even considered looking for a job while they were getting that unemployment check. and they all bitched when it finally came to an end.

i believe it was posted somewhere on hondaswap (but maybe not) about people complaining about needing a job, but when it was pointed out to them that there were places hiring, the reply was: "I dont wanna work there."

So? If you paid insurance on your car, then someone wrecked it, and they wanted to give you an amount that wasn't the full value stated on your policy, you'd be fucking pissed. If I pay out of every check for unemployment insurance, you better believe I'm gonna get the max value of my insurance policy when I need it.

Why settle for a job that pays less than your unemployment and why settle for an insurance claim that's less than the value of your wrecked car?

So? If you paid insurance on your car, then someone wrecked it, and they wanted to give you an amount that wasn't the full value stated on your policy, you'd be fucking pissed. If I pay out of every check for unemployment insurance, you better believe I'm gonna get the max value of my insurance policy when I need it.

Why settle for a job that pays less than your unemployment and why settle for an insurance claim that's less than the value of your wrecked car?

the problem is, people keep wrecking the same car and collecting insurance on the same piece of shit. eventually you are suppose to buy a new car. they paid insurance that is only suppose to cover 6-9 months. our government has stretched it out to how long, 3 years?

and we are past the point of the money going back into our sales and businesses. this money isnt' being invested into cars. it's paying for rent, beer, and cigarette's. you can't get a home loan or car loan if you are on unemployment. and those are the 2 biggest areas we need help with right now.

Back