i'm fucking fat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 7 2005, 10:07 AM
As far as the diet goes I would try and do the atkins thing. I know a lot of people talk shit about it but it works.

Now as far as the exercise thing goes there is a big misconception on the cardio thing. Cardio is great for burning calories AT THE TIME YOU ARE DOING IT. However, thats like a mental fix.
[post=509036]Quoted post[/post]​

WRONG! Atkins is bullshit! I took PhySci 5, Diet and Exercise last quarter and we learned all about how Atkins has a temporary effect but its really bad for you in the long run. Also, Cardio makes you burn more calories not just at the time you are doing it, but it also increases your metabolism afterwards.

What you should eat: non-saturated/trans fats, whole grains, fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, omega-3 fatty acids (fish), and foods with lots of antioxidants.
Also, try to eat foods that have a high Satiety Index, which means that you get more full from eating a little. Regular potatoes are a good example, although they dont' taste that great.

Also, all you guys are reccommending shit for hardcore athletes, you should really try to think of something more optimal for losing weight, or more losing fat and gaining muscle. If when you do cardio, you work out at approx. 70% of your maximum heart rate, you will be losing the most calories from fat. Low-intensity activities like yoga you will lost the most percentage of calories from fat, but since you aren't burning that much you will lose less total calories.

Just my .02. Thank you UCLA for making me edumacated!

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jun 8 2005, 01:27 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 8 2005, 01:24 PM
6' 255
[post=509672]Quoted post[/post]​

:shocked:

WOW!
[post=509676]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm really not that fat though... yeah i got a gut and shit, but i'm not a turd....

this was taken last august the week before i was tuning the sol... im the tool with the orange shirt on.

DSCF1161.JPG

so ive eaten once today....two motsarella sticks and a chick breast.....damn im hungry.....ive been drinking lots of water....and i'm going ror a walk....after i tune the rex....i hope...i'm never going to loose wieght... :beer: :beer: :beer: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :shrug2: :shrug2: :shrug2: :walk: :walk: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

that what i look like...my wife tells me i dont look fat but my rolls say other wise

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2005, 01:12 PM
dude, you need to eat MORE. not less.

eat 6 or 7 times a day, about 200-500 calories per time.
[post=509706]Quoted post[/post]​

you think

what if i get fatter

WRONG! Atkins is bullshit! I took PhySci 5, Diet and Exercise last quarter and we learned all about how Atkins has a temporary effect but its really bad for you in the long run. Also, Cardio makes you burn more calories not just at the time you are doing it, but it also increases your metabolism afterwards.

What you should eat: non-saturated/trans fats, whole grains, fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, omega-3 fatty acids (fish), and foods with lots of antioxidants.
Also, try to eat foods that have a high Satiety Index, which means that you get more full from eating a little. Regular potatoes are a good example, although they dont' taste that great.

Also, all you guys are reccommending shit for hardcore athletes, you should really try to think of something more optimal for losing weight, or more losing fat and gaining muscle. If when you do cardio, you work out at approx. 70% of your maximum heart rate, you will be losing the most calories from fat. Low-intensity activities like yoga you will lost the most percentage of calories from fat, but since you aren't burning that much you will lose less total calories.

lol
the lurker speaks...
and i don't care what you call it...
atkins or otherwise...

if calorie intake < calories used, you lose weight...
if calorie intake > calories used, you gain weight...

eating non carb foods full of protein tends to fill you up quicker with fewer calories... thus falling into the first from above...

if you get hungry at night like we all do, trust me here, eat chicken, or turkey, or tuna... it will eliminate you hunger (partly cause you don't wanna eat chicken or turkey, you want junk food)

invest heavily in sliced turkey, sliced chicken, chicken breast, cans of tuna, and cans of chicken breast, or cans of turkey breast... same idea as tuna, just not tuna... lol

and non of that breaded crap either...

and i've yet to see motzarella sticks that aren't fried... :eek:

starving yourself slows metabolism, and destines you to failure...
eat, eat often, but eat healthy...

okay right after work i'm buyin the healthy choice foods....thats all ill eat...i think those are good for you and they come premeasured...small ass portions though

ive drank atleast 3 quarts of water today...i feel bloated...lol

i feel bloated...

pussy :)

healthy choice = you broke
lol

if you can afford it, then do it, but after you eat one of the "meals" you are still gonna be hungry... eat straight lean meat, chicken or turkey or whatever...

and the motzasticks were little...lol.....

size doesn;t matter, lol :lol:

remember vegetables too...
carrots, celery, anything you don't hate... and lots of it...

Originally posted by ludegirl+Jun 8 2005, 01:03 PM-->
@Jun 7 2005, 10:07 AM
As far as the diet goes I would try and do the atkins thing. I know a lot of people talk shit about it but it works.

Now as far as the exercise thing goes there is a big misconception on the cardio thing. Cardio is great for burning calories AT THE TIME YOU ARE DOING IT. However, thats like a mental fix.
[post=509036]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=509700]Quoted post[/post]​

I urge you not to just regurgitate what a professor has told you, other then on an exam, without researching the information fully out of class. Too many times I have been told things by professors that are completely obsolete ideas.

Atkin CAN be bad if you eat high saturated fats and a ton of cholesterol; this will of course be tough on the heart.

Now if you take into account a modified Atkins diet like the South Beach diet or any of the variations and you limit the saturated fat intake then by all means its healthy. Although some argue its benefits, its been proven time and time again. It works and thats something that you can't despute.

Also, the 70% of your maximum heart rate cardio is thinking of times of old. HIIT is the new type of training that people now believe to be the most effective. Its interval training that helps effectively dip into fat stores without taking a huge toll on your protein/muscle stores. These are of course lamens terms but if you search for HIIT in google then you'll learn a ton about the new "state of the art" training...same deal with the HST training that I suggested.

Some of the plans listed are cutting edge programs that haven't worked their way into the scholastic setting yet, especially if the professor is "old school". My anatomy teacher had no idea of half the new ideas put forth that I learned through new books and the internet, even though he was an extremely intelligent man. You have to take everything you learn with a grain of salt because knowledge is never constant.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 8 2005, 01:17 PM

lol
the lurker speaks...
atkins or otherwise...

eating non carb foods full of protein tends to fill you up quicker with fewer calories... thus falling into the first from above...

if you get hungry at night like we all do, trust me here, eat chicken, or turkey, or tuna... it will eliminate you hunger (partly cause you don't wanna eat chicken or turkey, you want junk food)

invest heavily in sliced turkey, sliced chicken, chicken breast, cans of tuna, and cans of chicken breast, or cans of turkey breast... same idea as tuna, just not tuna... lol

Pretty sound message here, except don't fall victim to thinking that deli meats are the best choice for lean protein. There's a lot of crap that goes into deli meats that shouldn't be there in order to perserve them. Deli turkey isn't terrible for you but if you can get a hold of a real turkey breast its better of course.

Print that list of foods that I gave you out, take it to the store, buy all the foods that you will eat on there. Make your food selections from that.

As Brian said, healthy choice = you broke. They're also normally loaded with sodium to perserve the food and some other crap. They're definately not the best choice of food.

Unproccessed food > processed food, any day.

atkins MAY drop weight, but everyone i know who was on it, once they stopped, they gained all of it back + 10 lbs.

its either atkins for life, or not at all.

fuck that.

you ever see a fat asian person? nope. all they eat is rice.
fuck atkins.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2005, 01:52 PM
atkins MAY drop weight, but everyone i know who was on it, once they stopped, they gained all of it back + 10 lbs.

its either atkins for life, or not at all.

fuck that.

you ever see a fat asian person? nope. all they eat is rice.
fuck atkins.
[post=509728]Quoted post[/post]​

You ever see the portions an asian person eats or the amount of chicken in their diet? They still have a fairly high protein diet.

And its not Atkins for life, its get on Atkins and then when you go off of atkins you have to ween back into the swing of things. Its not american gluttony and lets just overendulge our carb cravings with no self control.

1) cut down your intake of REFINED (granulated) sugar... anything with 'high fructose corn syrup' has large amounts of sugar...

2) don't have anything with white flour. or 'enriched' flours. stone ground wheat is best.

3) have a good workout routine.

4) eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and drink a lot of water.

5) use better oils... cut out any trans fats you can... use COLD PRESSED oils. STAY AWAY FROM MARGARINE!!!!!

after having my second son... i went from 135 lbs to 95 lbs in 8 weeks. i shit you not. now, i need a better workout routine, and yes, some of that weight just goes away because it's 'baby' weight...

but you'd be surprised how many people i've told, and just out of sensibly sized meals, as well as smarter eating habits... it's sugar and flour that crap up our diet. i could go on forever, but those are the main points.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 8 2005, 01:17 PM

lol
the lurker speaks...
atkins or otherwise...

[post=509709]Quoted post[/post]​

that also depends on your metabolism starting out as well. I could eat every two hours of the most fattening foods and lose 5 pounds by the end of the day after I complete taking a giant shit.

But on the flip side I eat a lot of sugars and candy, i drink a lot of pop and i just started smoking again :( stupid habit, but the stress has been killin me. I pulled a muscle last march from workin 70 hours a week.

Back