Inception (SPOILER WARNING)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i really didn't think it was that complex. it's just a layering of dreams and effects.

I agree. I went with my girlfriend and her brother and they didn't get it, said they felt like they needed to watch it again. I don't really see what there is not to get. It's honestly pretty straight-forward.

And that's not to say that it wasn't good. I thought it was very good. I just don't get why people are so confused by it...

i thought the kid from 3rd rock from the sun was badass. my favorite character.

Yep, and rumor has it that he's now up for the role of The Riddler in the next Batman flick...

somebody add a spoiler alert so we can discuss the plot.

Done!

woo hoo! thanks brutal...

So.....is the final scene a dream or finally back to his real life? do you think the top falls over?

i think he is still dreaming, either layered or in limbo. whatever it is, it is probably self induced.

Yep, and rumor has it that he's now up for the role of The Riddler in the next Batman flick...

with nolan directing and writing the batman series, i would say it's highly likely. i thought he was pretty badass. he did a great job getting out of the "geek" stereotype.

You really can't say about the top. It leaves it up to you. I feel that's a good ending.

But what really isn't consistent is the "kick" in the final dream level. Their kick was jumping off the building, but in every other layer, the kick had to come from the layer above.

But what really isn't consistent is the "kick" in the final dream level. Their kick was jumping off the building, but in every other layer, the kick had to come from the layer above.

the kick did come from the layer above. when the building in the snow scene was crashing down.

The kick had to come from the level you are currently in. Remember the job is three levels deep.

The "crew" went 3 levels deep. Ariadne went 4 and Cobb went 5.

Crew Kick Order:
Third Dream: Fortress ->2nd Dream: Hotel -> 1st Dream: River

Ariadne:
Cobbs World -> Fortress -> Hotel -> River

Now Cobb went 5 layers deep.

Restaurant - Cobbs World - Fortress - Hotel - River

Pretty easy to get a handle on right? Well remember, that in a dream you simply show up in that dream correct? You don't know how you got there you just are. So in the restaurant the Cobb is sitting with Saito who reached for a gun for his "kick". And what happens to Cobb? He is all of a sudden back on the plane coming into LAX. So to me there is only one answer, he is lost in limbo to deep to come back out.

remember in the beginning of the movie? they woke him up from the dream by dunking him in water. it was the same concept later in the movie. you had to be woken up from the dream, you couldnt just wake yourself up from inside that dream.

the people in the fortress were woken up by the elevator hitting the floor in the hotel
the people in the hotel were woken up by the van hitting the water
the people in the van woke up from that dream either when the sedation wore off, or the plane dropping (they didnt really explain, or i missed it)

Last edited:
The opening sequence they where two levels deep. In the restaurant Cobb shot Aurthur in the head which caused him to wake up in the apartment. They kicked Cobb into the tub because it was an emergency and he needed to come up a level. They came back to the real world when the timer went off on the machine.

Remember that the film showed Ariadne jumping off the building in Cobbs world, next it showed the floor falling out in the fortress, then the elevator dropping finally the van impacted the water. The kick out of the top level dream is the timer experiencing or like you said the plane touching down.

yea, that "emergency" is the kick. they even called it the kick when they dunked him. thats what im saying. they are all kicked from the next level up to wake them up. they need the kicks to wake them up. they said the sedation was too powerful to kick yourself out by killing yourself. thats why cobb went into limbo from getting stabbed.

Then they shot the final kicks in reverse order. I'm watchin it again right now maybe I am way off but the final sequence shows them kicking from the level below.

the way i see it

floor drop out on fortress floor, chic and guy wake up.
elevator hits floor. people from fortress wake up into elevator.
van hits water. people from elevator wake up into van
sedation wears off or plane drops. everyone wakes up into plane.

hence why the timing was so important to make sure everything happened in sequence.

Why did the chick jump from the high rise if the elevator was going to kick?

because she had to be in the fortress for that to work. the way i see it at least. or to avoid being killed by mal (knowing the kick was coming at that moment) not sure. i need to see the final sequence again

Well after watching it a second time I am more inclined to believe he was in the real world. But I don't think that is the main point. Real or not Cobb was able to put all of his demons to rest and 'go home'. The age thing is a serious hang up though. And it looks like they are wearing the same cloths as well.... Now I am back on the damn fence...

Last edited:
The age thing is a serious hang up though. And it looks like they are wearing the same cloths as well.... Now I am back on the damn fence...

Thats why on my earlier post i asked about time from when he left his kids.:confused:

1281377871871.jpg

LMAO. i love movie clip comics like that

Back