JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think it sounds great in my opinion. The engine sounds very strong. All the fluid leaks and vacuum leaks have been eliminated. And he has my intercooler mounted and all the piping routed properly. He installed all my extra parts I had.

He has my headlights, blinkers and brake lights working now and replaced all the bulbs.

Man I want to drive my car!!!! LoL

I am so anxious. I cannot wait!!!!!

I really need to calm down...

it needs to be babied and low boost until tuned, thennnn im ready to see this thing ripping up the street, Dustin does damn good work he knew his shit when I was talking to him and speedballing ideas on the 79

So remember I told you guys some of my parts were stolen.

Well I called the company about my ss braided brake lines and told then what happened.

They were kind enough to send me a replacement set.

I should be picking my car up Thursday.

He is doing a couple more things for me.

I went and bought some new axles.

He's going to install my axles and all my brake parts for me and I bought a replacement brand new dual bend skunk2 short shifter and knob and a skunk2 cam seal.

After that I'm done for a while. I'm ganna drive it easy until we tune it and after its tuned I'm going to concentrate on buying my engine internals for my sleeved gsr motor.

So ya anyway should be picking it up no later than Thursday.

Last edited:
Ok so now we have a new problem unfortunately.

We've got all the essential parts on the motor and dustin has the gauges programed now.

And he said the oil pressure way too low. Says the bearings are worn out which was something I have been concerned about the entire time.

The guy I bought the motor from revved it to 9k rpm over and over like a dumbass.

So is there anything we can do besides doing a rebuild to get the motor to last for at least 6 - 8 months?

Thats when I plan on building my sleeved gsr motor.

dont even pull the engine from the car just drop the pan and cradle and change the bearings and slap a pump on it , dude I dont mean to be a dick but mannnn I called it on the history of the swap lol but hopefully can pop bearings and a pump in it and boost that oil pressure back up, hopefully the rings and valve stems arent poop too

sounds like is having my luck with money pits lol its one thing after the other man I know how it gets

but I hate your luck with it I wish I was wrong about more of the stuff im ready to see this car on the street

Ya well it is what it is.

Problem is that Dustin doesn't have time to do it.

He has 3 other engine builds and 7 transmission rebuilds that are waiting to be done.

Plus 3 other cars with minor things here and there.

He said he is going to change the oil to a little but thicker oil and change the oil filter and give it another shot.

Fingers crossed. Oil pressure has to be at least 10psi for him to consider tuning it.

fill that bitch up with marvel mystery oil (heavy detergent) and let it run and get to operating temps for 30 mins or soo and then put some quality ex royal purple straight up 20 weight in it

This is what I read on mmo website:

How much MMO do I add to the crankcase?
Marvel recommends replacing between 10 and 25 percent of your motor oil with MMO. For example, if the crankcase capacity is 5-quarts, add 4 quarts of your favorite motor oil and one quart of Marvel Mystery Oil. If you get your oil changed at a “quick-lube” facility, bring a quart of Marvel with you and ask them to add it to your engine in lieu of one quart of traditional motor oil.

id do 2.5 quarts oil 2 quarts marvel, let it run 30-45 mins idle only, then change with nice oil

yea it could make a difference, id at least try it but yes get the car away from dustin and baby it while trying to get the pressure issue fixed

Back