lcd vs plasma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Plazma Tv's can burn the image into the screen. So no matter what you are watching you will still see the other image that's burned in.

The LCD screen doesn't burn into the image.

Other then that you can't really tell the difference unless you have it hooked to a meter and are reading the numbers. That goes with the "p" and the "i" behind the 1080, 720, 480. The "p" is for progress scan and then "i" is for interlace. Maybe that will help you out a little, maybe not.

Don

plasma advantages:
chance of screen burn if you play a lot of games.... probably a non-issue though. most new plasmas have a pixel shift, to keep the panel from frying itself.

This comment is 100% correct. When I lived with my last girlfriend... she left a DVD on all night for almost 11 hours. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't the opening menu. So I turned my tv off and I could see the entire screen. As soon as I turned the TV back on... it went away. I have never seen that image again.. .and it has been over 9 months ago. So burn in ... is hardly a factor.

go to someplace that has the tv's out on display(bestbuy circuitcity ultimate electronics), that way you can pick the one that looks the best to you. Everyone has there own oppinions on how things look, you're the one laying out the cash, so it's you oppinion that counts. read up on it, go in with all the info, compairison shop online (so you have a ball park ratio of $$ to what you get), then go find the one that has all the features you want and looks the best.

Video

Screen size (diagonal) 42" Display type HDTV Flat panel technology LCD flat panel Built-in tuner NTSC/ATSC/QAM Widescreen Yes Comb filter 3D Digital Maximum viewing angles H:178 / V:178 Resolution 1080p (1920 x 1080) Picture-in-picture Yes Contrast ratio 1500:1 Audio

Audio type Stereo Inputs and outputs

Component video inputs 2 S-video inputs 1 Composite inputs 2 RF inputs 1 DVI (Digital Video Interface) 0 HDMI inputs 2 PC compatible Yes Convenience

Remote Yes Pedestal stand Yes, fixed Wall mount Not included DVD player included No General features

UPC 857380000997 Manufacturer's part number GV42LFHDTV10A Dimensions

Height 28.5 inches Width 42.3 inches Depth 5.2 inches Weight 76 lbs.

seems good from the specs. contrast, viewing angle, resolution and inputs. not too bad on the price either.

vizio suckz

I think Vizio is good. We have them here at Lexus for display purposes. We have them on for 17hrs a day 365 days a yr. I think they're good Tv's. A lot of people look down on other makes because they're less exspensive. I have a 42" Toshiba LCD HDMI tv 1080p, and I love it. Prior to that I have a rear projection Samsung 42" HDTV with DVI 1080i. The difference between the two is amazing. I love it and I wouldn't concider on going to anything less than.

I use a CRT it works grate beat that guys lawl....!

well i bought the lg last night it should be here in like 7 days, also the lg makes the brains for all of the tv that was posted

i work at c city selling TVs.

all the customers that come in ask that question, the truth is there is no real awnser some LCD are better then others and same goes for plasma....but i can tell u the pros and cons of the display types

LCD
there bright
have many high grade ones
more expensive
last longer
nice matte screen

PLASMA
better black lvls...witch gives it more of a depth
Can burn in..cable TV should be fine watch out if u use it as a computer monitor or leave it on a game or DVD screen
will have a better picture and refresh rate for same price
If u lay them down the gas int eh screen will leek and its done for
!!!!one of the biggest issues that turns people away from plasma TV is that they have a glass screen and it will glare if there is any windows or lights in front of the screen

as far as contrast ratio goes it is one of the most worthless # ever...Toshiba doesn't even use one because it is only brand specif so if u are comparing sonys #s to samsungs #s it wont do any good...

Top brands....
lcds...
samsung
sony
pioneer

Plasma..
panasonic
samsung

but for thies ur also going to be paying for them i really love LGs picture for the price and the color on them beats out of the top TVs out there to me...vizios arnt to bad, for being some of the cheapest out there its awesome if ur looking for something cheap...also hitachi has some low priced ones out there with a prity decent picture i think the pictures better then vizios

I considered buying a plasma but bought the lcd instead. Mainly because of price, plus longevity of the tv. The plasma has a better picture, but like everyone else says, its usually in darker images. The backlight of the lcd makes it glow in the dark.

I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma screen in my family room and a 32" Westinghouse in my bedroom.

The plasma is AWESOME for watching movies and you can look at it from virtually any angle and the picture is just as good. The only problem is plasmas will get ruined if you pause the same picture on the screen for too long. If you pause a movie make sure you turn off the tv because if not you could ruin it (this doesnt always happen but just to be safe i do).

Now the LCD on the other hand is also great for everything and since LCD tvs are the same as LCD computer screens which display the same picture for hours and sometimes days upon end there is no harm done to play Halo all day long and have the little motion detector in the same place for 48hours. Who cares the frozen image isnt going to hurt the screen at all. Also i watch the tv in my room in very bring light and in complete darkness and the picture is AWESOME regardless.

Also i read someone posted something about getting a DLP projection tv and i have a friend with a projection tv that he paused and completely totaled the tv... so everything we watched had a ghosted Apache Helicopter in the background. haha... it kinda sucked

And as a side note... my 50in plasma is about 5 times heavier than my 32in lcd. Incase you are planning on hanging in on a wall.

Last edited:
Also i read someone posted something about getting a DLP projection tv and i have a friend with one of those that paused it and completely totaled the tv... so everything we watched had a ghosted Apache Helicopter in the background. haha... it kinda sucked

impossible.
dlp. lcos, and lcd are not capable of burn-in.
there's nothing there to burn.

o sorry about that it was just one of the original regular projection tvs not a DLP...

Back