lcd vs plasma

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

those are actually pretty badass
i didnt expect them to sound anywhere near as good as they do

damn that thing is nice, but i just spent a good deal on a tv lol, so i dont want to jump to high right now,

lol, well what kind of system can iget for under 200

Yeah if you have a smaller room and aren't into sound a 300-400 full surround system might do alright for you. I people who just want the surround sound be happy with a cheaper system. For me I need a bigger system.
The best advise I can give you is listen to a few systems some in your price range and some just above it. Then get the one you like the best.

i got my 6 speaker 420 watt Sony surround for $199 at Target

*edit* .. just saw that link you posted of the one that $99 .. thinking about buying it.. hahah

Yeah if you have a smaller room and aren't into sound a 300-400 full surround system might do alright for you. I people who just want the surround sound be happy with a cheaper system. For me I need a bigger system.
The best advise I can give you is listen to a few systems some in your price range and some just above it. Then get the one you like the best.
will do :cool:

Its all about listening to them. Also try to get the best receiver you can afford with all the inputs you will need. I would stay away from the ones with built in dvd players. Go separate. 99% of the time you will get better components this way but it will cost you a little more. Also if you go with separates make sure you get the proper cables. IF buying a home theater in a box throw most of the cables away and buy good ones. I haven't shopped for this stuff in a while and I stopped selling it 6 years ago. But Sony used to be a good value for the price. The receiver is ok but has a pretty good overall sound. For a good value receiver you cant go wrong with the Onkyo. Don't look at total watts as deciding between receivers or systems. In reality they don't mean shit, except when you are comparing receivers from the same brand. A 65 watt Onkyo receiver will sound much better than a Sony with 100watts in the same price range.
Buy the Onkyo TX-SR304 Home Theater Receiver and other Home Audio Receivers & Amplifiers at circuitcity.com

This is a good basic 5.1 receiver for under 200 bucks.

Then add in this
Buy the Onkyo TX-SR304 Home Theater Receiver and other Home Audio Receivers & Amplifiers at circuitcity.com
360 if you pick this up in the store.
ANd you will have a decent system for under 600. Minus cables.

B mentioned the 120 Hz tv's earlier...i personally dont like the 120Hz tv's. the picture looks unreal, in a bad way. sports and games look great, as do fully animated movies, like ice age or something. but watch a movie on there and it looks so fake. all the effects that make a movie look good, like lighting and such, just make it look like a cheap B grade movie. just my .02

Last edited:
i dont know the settings or are you asking if its on all the time? if thats what you mean then no, they turn everything off everynight and movies arent playing all the time when it is on. most of the time its on HD direct tv. all i know is ive seen fantastic 4, pirates 2, and some other movies on it and it looks bad.

Back