1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lower my ride height backdoor style

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by nightshift, Apr 5, 2006.

1. nightshift

nightshift Member

i recently added a set of honda civic angel eyes to my car,so im cash strapped,however the car needs to sit lower to complement everything,so my only aternative is to cut my springs how do i go about this what are the cons,,,the car looks raised like a damn 4x4 or 1 of those moms car stock audi a3,or vw golf 4 1.6..

the car is riding on 195 / 50 R15'S, i would like to retain the 15's as they have less weight and rolling resistance than 17's ,and dont sap the modest power that my d15b 3stage vtec makes 130bhp

2. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

don't do it. you'll fuck everything up and your car will ride like trash and the probability that it will be lowered evenly on all 4 sides is not likely. you will also more than likely blow your shocks in a fairly short period of time.

here's a better idea. be patient and save your money and do it right the first time.

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

springs are cheap. just save until you can buy something off of ebay or someone selling some extra parts locally. but yes, it will mess up your car if you just cut them.

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

yea, fuckin ricers.

do it right, save and buy coilovers.

cutting springs is stupid.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

H&R Sport springs will drop you an inch and give you excellent ride quality, even on stock shocks.

7. nightshift

nightshift Member

thanks a lot for the advice guys, i almost went ahed and did it,springs are cheap il just be patient

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:thumbsup:

FYI-

Cutting your springs changes the "twist" in the spring coil, effectively raising the spring rate. You get less travel, and you get more bouncy- and usually all on a set of blown out shocks- so you'll get that ghetto booty boing, but in your car where you don't want it. Cutting = bad.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted