Made a little acquisition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We have the same cabinets, sink, and dishwasher. The kitchen cabinets in my place were disgusting. There was a coating of grease on everything near the stove. The flooring that came in your place is better than mine. Mine is a solid white color. Didn't hold up well over time.

It's like the people who built my house ran out of money at the very end. They paid for the higher basement ceiling, brick exterior, and solid wood doors and trim. Then they bought the cheapest shit they could find after that.

The flooring around the shitter turned out OK. The tile guy treated it with bleach, sanded it down, and painted it with an odor block paint.

After what I went through with my house after buying it... nothing looks bad to me anymore.

Looks like we have the same cabinets. mine wouldn't even open unless you forced them open due to oil/grime build up. I shit you not it felt like grabbing a slightly less powerful fly trap....

Did they clean your toilets? Mine looked like they hadnt been touched for 6 months if not more.

35.jpg

They lived in the house up til about 1 week before closing. This was the master bathrooms toilet.
They even had people living in the garage with a temp wall up midway in the garage.

9.jpg

They look the same as yours, but you have updated flooring. My flooring was original from 1991

Paid $305K before putting money into it.
oh and my yard is.... ready for it?

0.07 acre

What's sad is the land is worth more then the house. The land alone is worth about $200K the house at closing was valued at just over 100k

My toilet looked worse, it'd sat all winter "winterized". Oh and my kitchen had carpet in it. My cabinets look horrid, I plan a full fledged kitchen remodel eventually.

CARPET... in my kitchen. lol It was horrible.

Haven't updated this in a loooong time. Pretty much explains my reduced presence on here the past 2 months or so.

I'll go in chrono order since my last post.

Relocated laundry from a closet in the kitchen to the basement. Required running water, electric, and a drain pump to get the drain water up to the septic main.
DSCN1512.jpg

Built 40' of shelving in the basement
DSCN1511.jpg

Tore out the walls of the old laundry closest. This helped expand the kitchen.
DSCN1521.jpg

Painted the entire damn house. Easily the most time consuming project.
DSCN1497-1.jpg

DSCN1502.jpg

DSCN1498-Copy.jpg

Tore out all the carpet and treated the floors with odor blocking paint
DSCN1494.jpg

Got the tile in. 20" tiles in the kitchen and foyer, 11 inchers in the bathrooms
DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg
DSCN1507.jpg

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

Last edited:
Waited a month till my cabinets finally showed up!!! Got them in and immediately got templates for the counter tops made. I basically lived for 2 months with no kitchen sink. Pretty much blew.

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

Aaaaannd just in the past 2 weeks got the counter and new appliances in. Hooked up the dishwasher and sink, and wired in a disposal.

DSCN1587.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT
DSCN1617.jpg

DSCN1611-Copy.jpg

Old laundry closet:
DSCN1613.jpg

DSCN1596.jpg

All that is left is the tile back splash. Next I need to figure out how to blow my $8k tax credit that showed up in the mail. My poor ek hatch has been neglected all year...

Looks good kickass looking counters, but that phone jack looks like shit right there.

most houses have a phone jack in the kitchen.
helps keep the woman tethered to where shes supposed to be.

so, remember, dont plug a cordless there. put one with enough cord to reach the other end of the kitchen. thats all she needs.

most houses have a phone jack in the kitchen.
helps keep the woman tethered to where shes supposed to be.

so, remember, dont plug a cordless there. put one with enough cord to reach the other end of the kitchen. thats all she needs.

yeah i know they do, im a phone guy... what i mean is that spot makes it look retarded. it should have been installed higher up more so it looks more in place for a wall phone instead of half and half with that switch.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Believe it or not I've only got around 8k wrapped up in the kitchen. My mom is an interior designer, so I got the hook up on the tile materials, cabinets, and counters. All the appliances were a result of patient craigslist poaching while I waited for the cabinets and top to get made.

The counters are only a laminate. I couldn't justify spending as much on the counter tops as I did on the rest of the kitchen. It's higher grade stuff, so it has texture and spits off different reflections, like a granite. Still feels cheap ass to the touch tho.

Looks good kickass looking counters, but that phone jack looks like shit right there.

The phone jack is getting jacked off that wall. I don't even use a home phone. I'll be putting a tile back splash up that wall, so the hole will be hidden.

Back