Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Your car is gonna haul some major butt down the road with those numbers. I gotta come out and see it some time, I think that it would be way cooler to see and hear it in person than it is to see pics over the internet.

thats the idea! if you are ever in the area, id be happy to take you for a spin in it. its a fun ride for sure.

haha i just noticed that its still on the intake manifold :p we should, when you going to be coming through?

Not quite sure. Lol. Im gunna be headed to Oregon to see family and do a bit of photography. So I gotta time it between a slow time at work, and a good time to get some decent pictures lol.

We could do a quick shoot of your car too! lol

thats the idea! if you are ever in the area, id be happy to take you for a spin in it. its a fun ride for sure.

Cool man, you are in the spokane area right? I try to make a run over hwy 20 at least once a month when washington pass is open. Next time I am headed for a cruise on the east side I will try and get ahold of you and see if you might be interested in cruising.

Not quite sure. Lol. Im gunna be headed to Oregon to see family and do a bit of photography. So I gotta time it between a slow time at work, and a good time to get some decent pictures lol.

We could do a quick shoot of your car too! lol
thatd be awesome actually.. i need some decent pictures of my car. all i have are the ones that i took with a tripod and my parents shitty digital camera lol
holy build thread! i just finally checked your thread out! good shit man!! car looks sick...and gonna make some nice power mang!
thanks, and yeah its already put down 320whp/282tq, but im going for more obviously haha
Cool man, you are in the spokane area right? I try to make a run over hwy 20 at least once a month when washington pass is open. Next time I am headed for a cruise on the east side I will try and get ahold of you and see if you might be interested in cruising.

yeah im in the spokane area.. i like to drive my car so driving to meet up wouldnt be a bad idea

updates on the car.. i put the drivers side fender and side skirt back on today. i also re-installed the OEM mudflaps that came with the car when i originally got it. looks pretty good.. ill take some pics tomorrow/this week as i will be driving the car again

pics as promised (sorry theyre from my phone).. just got in from a drive/tune sesh.. car is now tuned on 20-21 lbs of boost.. and its an animal. i am very happy with my build.

2011-02-23_12-22-38_367.jpg

2011-02-23_12-23-06_585.jpg

2011-02-23_12-23-23_624.jpg

as you can see it started snowing so my drive was cut a little short. i wanted to hit the dyno today but there were no times open, and also i have a feeling a few inches of snow will be on the ground by tonight.. so its probably best that i dont get it tuned on the dyno in the interest of keeping it out of the snow :p

as stated before the car is street tuned on the new boost level though, and its a noticeable difference. im fighting for traction in third, fourth wants to spin reallllly bad but barely holds on. im hoping these issues will clear up with warmer weather and less moisture on the street. the tuner was very surprised with the results (being a non-vtec LS)

AFR's are steady 12.0-12.5 all the way to 8k RPM's, car is using hardly any oil anymore, runs and idles smooth, no hiccups.. finally made it to the end with this damn thing lol and a good portion of the progress is thanks to the information available on HS, and also the people here who answered my questions/ helped troubleshoot when i got stuck, so thanks to all you folks here for helping me get this thing to where it is today!

Last edited:
Congrats man. looks awesome. Now get an Si grille already!

^_^ i have a used OEM 99-00 grille that is going to be put in place of the cheap aftermarket one on the car right now. same story with the front bumper.

id probably go for an Si grille, but to be quite honest, im going for the semi-stock 99-00 look on the outside. the only thing that i want noticeable is the wheels/stance of the car.

Put the OEM Si Honda badge In there too and it wont look too different while still looking a lot better than the shitty molded grill.

Screw the Si badge, you don't have a sunroof. This has inspired me to go ahead with the 99-00 conversion though. I'm going to start putting it together.

Not the "Si" badge, just the stand alone "H" that came on the Si instead of the shitty molded in one that came on lesser models.

2011-01-19_09-52-43_976.jpg

Also, I have this light. It is the handiest mother fucker I think I've ever owned. I don't use it TOO much, but I got it for Christmas 2009, and I've charged it once.

I thought you meant the little Si badge that is on the front grille. That makes more sense. I like the empty grille.

I thought you meant the little Si badge that is on the front grille. That makes more sense. I like the empty grille.
Yea me too. That's why mine is empty. He wants an incognegro look though.

On a semi related note, I didn't know you had an EK hatch. You should just sell It to me. Or your EF if you still have it.

ok, so now that it's finished, are you ready to sell it and start over? lol

Looking great matt. I am happy to see that you have reached your goal in this build. congrats on building a sleepy little monster.
thanks man, ill be happier when the other bumper goes on and hides the front mount :)
Yea me too. That's why mine is empty. He wants an incognegro look though.

On a semi related note, I didn't know you had an EK hatch. You should just sell It to me. Or your EF if you still have it.
the stock 99-00 front is the only way im gonna go i think. the si grille would just look out of place on my car, because i dont have anything else that even resembles it. semi-stock interior, semi-stock exterior, on a car that performs. in my book, you cant beat that :)
ok, so now that it's finished, are you ready to sell it and start over? lol
ahaha well sadly enough, the plan is to be in a new car by this summer. im still undecided on what though.
if i go cheap: 03 CL type S 6 speed.
if i go expensive and performance oriented: audi s4 quattro (4.2 V8)
if i go expensive and luxury oriented: 06-08 acura RL
still very open to other ideas though
incognegro, lol.
lmfao.. i didnt notice that until you pointed it out..
1. incognegro 138 up, 14 down
buy incognegro mugs, tshirts and magnets
a black person that does not want to be recognized; a black person maintaining (or trying to maintain) a low profile.
Yeah, I was there; but you didn't see me 'cause I was incognegro.

I'm going (to a particular place)incognegro.

from urban dictionary lol

@92stoccord: wtf, i didnt know you have an EK? pics or ban

You're giving the grill too much credit. I mean it completely changes the look of the car yet it barely changes anything at all. It will look great especially on your black car.
Example: black hatch, OEM style wheels, stockish interior with bare Si grill;
15fngoj.jpg

that does look pretty good. i would have to find a used OEM grille though, im not going to use cheap knock off shit anymore lol

Back