Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Welds look great for DIY. Throw some high temp black paint on there any nobody will be able to tell

i think ill go with this idea, i need something pretty durable though (kinda gets beat around a bit when i install it) any suggestions?

I do like the idea of leaving it as is, because the color is kinda cool and it'd be something that isn't black in my engine bay. The only problem is that it is mild steel, so it'll rust if I leave it as is

yeah im gonna go with rustoleum i think, powdercoating this would be a waste lol

yeah im gonna go with rustoleum i think, powdercoating this would be a waste lol

That's a good plan. Wrap the thing with rags when you put them into place so you don't scratch it. Some of the textured finish paint they make would look pretty sweet too.

Have you had any issues with that oil pan? I could never get mine to not leak around the gasket and finally ditched it.

That's a good plan. Wrap the thing with rags when you put them into place so you don't scratch it. Some of the textured finish paint they make would look pretty sweet too.
i had my charge piping painted in that textured stuff for a while, it is actually really durable. im just not sure how i feel about the textured look lol.. itll probably be gloss black with a few thick coats of clear.
bump that .

dip them in chrome! :lol:

looks good man!
hahahaha! ballin!
thanks mang :thumbsup:
Have you had any issues with that oil pan? I could never get mine to not leak around the gasket and finally ditched it.
nope, i bought an OEM gasket, installed it, and tightened the pan bolts to spec and called it good.

you may have overtightened the oil pan bolts which would have warped the pan, or you might not have been using an oem gasket. i went through 3 or 4 autozone gaskets on my stock pan before i figured out the problem was with the gasket, and not with the way i was installing it

honda oil pans are pretty much paper thin which sucks... you HAVE to use an OEM gasket on them. on my hondas all the non-OEM gaskets started leaking shortly after i put them on.

honda oil pans are pretty much paper thin which sucks... you HAVE to use an OEM gasket on them. on my hondas all the non-OEM gaskets started leaking shortly after i put them on.

:werd: when I went to put a fitting in my stock pan i had all sorts of trouble trying to weld the new fitting in. ended up brazing it instead, then shortly after ditched that for the moroso.

picked up the paint for my charge piping. decided to go with truck bed liner so it wont get beat up. when i re-do my valve cover ill likely do the same finish on that so it matches.

the bed liner stuff came out pretty good. got impatient and put it in before it was completely dry so it scratched in a few spots, but oh well you cant really see em anyway.

just drove the car for the first time in a couple weeks, everything feels good. put the full timing cover back on, i had to notch it for the vibrant timing belt tensioner.

next thing i have to tackle is emissions. the car is obd2, the ecu is obd1, so i am not sure how in the hell im going to get it to pass.

this is a pass or park state, so i cant get a waiver or anything. only option is to pass, or register the car in another area. out of the state is out of the question.

mm yeah. bout that..
most of the people here are assholes, so that probably wont happen. last time i went through i had some clown with a mustang asking me if i wanted to race for pinks. fail.

last year my dad put the car completely in to my name. because it was a title transfer or whatever, it gave me an extra year.

2 years prior to that the car wasnt turbo'd, so it passed easily.

the problem is that i have an obd1 ecu in an obd2 vehicle.

i wish it were that easy. ive been told i can only do that once in the cars lifetime, but who knows.

if all else fails, its going to get registered elsewhere.

No way to run the car off an OBDII ecu with the wastegate open?

Back