Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

btw, how much do you want for that grille? ;)
Since i dont have an Si badge to hold onto from it, I think I may keep it as a momento. Lame, I know...
I need to find a place to keep the car while I strip it for the part-out. Once I do its getting tore down. And Im buying something not a honda. lol

Want PM too... or you could post it somewhere else too. ;)
PM sent :p
Since i dont have an Si badge to hold onto from it, I think I may keep it as a momento. Lame, I know...
I need to find a place to keep the car while I strip it for the part-out. Once I do its getting tore down. And Im buying something not a honda. lol
lol understandable. let me know if you decide to get rid of it. any idea what the next car is gonna be?

Truck maybe. 98-00 S10. Maybe I'll just put all that money towards an LS2 swap in the Camaro so I can daily drive it. Then I'll sell its built motor for 6k and buy another streetbike since I no longer have the gixxer.

Truck maybe. 98-00 S10. Maybe I'll just put all that money towards an LS2 swap in the Camaro so I can daily drive it. Then I'll sell its built motor for 6k and buy another streetbike since I no longer have the gixxer.
nice, my next car will have greater than 4cylinders (if its a project car, that is)
i vote ls2 swap and the streetbike :ph34r:
i want details too.. should make a thread in the non-existent forum.. :ph34r:

sent you a PM, and im going to start a thread in a sec since so many people have asked. lol

got an offer on the civic, we'll see what happens this weekend.

Well, that facepalm sig is fitting for that post.

lol, why is that a facepalm? I've been thinking of selling the car for a few months now. It just isn't practical to have two cars while going to school. Tuition is going up by 11-15% next year alone.

im not just letting the car go to any buyer, its to a friend of mine who will take care of it just as I did.

ya gotsta do what ya gotsta do...
:werd: I'm looking in to the future. $6k now to ensure my education which will lead to $60k+ salary job is well worth it in my eyes.
You still payin on the car?
I dont owe anything on either of my vehicles. I will likely keep the Accord and drive it into the ground, unless I can find something that gets far better MPG, is a 5 speed, and in decent shape.

the Civic will be getting a re tune sometime in the near future, if I can find someone to do it. it'll likely be more of a "detune" to ensure longevity.

cut, buff, wax and clean, and mocking up the new bumper and lip (slapped together):
2011-05-25_17-54-13_390.jpg

extremely jealous. One of these days I'll do some wetsanding on the CR-Z.

id be scared shitless to wetsand on OEM paint.. id start with 2500 grit or higher if you do wetsand lol
maybe even just buff the car with rubbing compound and a fairly aggressive pad, that might help to dull down some of the factory orange peel.

There isn't much peel TBH. It just bugs me because this car seems like it should have been wets anded at the factory, much like the RL.

If I do wind up wet sanding, it'll be 2500 or higher. I've talked to a few folks who have wet sanded recent Hondas and they say there's plenty of clear on the new cars. I'll probably try rubbing compound first just to see. I'm really scared to wet sand -- I've put it off for months now out of fear.

Back