Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hahah. You are having bad luck selling your xbox because you didn't sell me your Si grille ;)

Ill package deal it for you. $275 and you get the 250gig 360 Elite, Kinect, HDMI cable, some games, rechargeable wireless controller, and the Si grill. Thats like $500 worth of stuff! :ph34r:

So, I need to figure out what I am doing with the LS-VTEC setup now. I will be pulling my LS head this weekend to see what I am working with. I know for sure that I will be using an OBD1 GSR head.
As of now the head has an OBD1 distributor on it, so I'll need to find an OBD2 VTEC distributor for it. Does anyone know if the distributor plugs are different between VTEC and non VTEC cylinder heads? I'd really hate to have to re-wire that whole mess. I can re-use everything else from my LS head, I think.

If thats the case then I should have the head mounted on the block this weekend. Then I can begin the wiring, which I am sure will be somewhat of a headache.

Triple post.. fail lol

Won an OEM GSR intake manifold on eBay for $55 shipped. Should be here this weekend along with the dowels I need to align the head. Still need to find a sandwich plate and some fittings for the head. I might just bite the bullet and get a GE LS-VTEC kit. Seems like the most painless route to go about doing this.

As soon as I sell my maroon accord I'll be able to buy the timing belt and water pump for the conversion, then I just need to wire things up and get it tuned.

You have Schucks/Oriely warehouse near you? The one over here has Perma Cool stuff in stock. Including sandwich plates.

Yeah there's a few of those around. Maybe I'll check that out. I'm going to get a VTEC solenoid and a plug tonight. I need to figure out the situation with the head studs. I think the center two studs are different, and I think I might have those in a box in storage (I bought the wrong kit initially)

I've got an extra vtec solenoid that I'd ship over cheap. PM if interested.

Damn. Bought a solenoid and plugs from a seller on H-T the other night. Do you have any other spare stuff lying around? Need a few odds and ends for my build..

Only thing that may be of use is my valve spring compressor tool Valve Spring Compressor Tool for the Acura/Honda B16 Vtec, B18C1/B18C5 Vtec, H22 Vtec. I may be selling the hatch soon (I dont ever drive it now that I have a bike for nice days). No need for the tool once its gone. I have an obd1 dizzy laying around too. That would be cheap as I can't guarantee that it works. Also a stock header, but I'm not shipping that across the country lol.

Damn. I already have an obd1 dizzy and I have a makeshift valve spring compressor also. Ghetto, but it works :p

Took the LS head out of the car last night. Waiting on some parts to get my GSR head mounted on there. Shouldn't be more than a couple weeks if I can get this damn Accord sold. lol

Turns out I had the two ARP head studs I needed in a box of spare parts.
Still need:
Head gasket
Fittings for oil lines
GSR water pump
GSR timing belt
IM/Exhaust/Valve Cover gaskets
Cam seals
OBD1>OBD2 distributor harness

....sigh

I will definitely miss that car. But my new Accord is far more comfortable and gets better gas mileage with a V6 :)

As soon as I get the money deposited from selling my 4dr Accord, I'll be ordering a BWR VTEC conversion, all OEM stuff for the other necessary parts and a conversion harness so I can use the OBD1 dizzy I was given.

Last edited:
Lots of parts on the way :thumbsup:
BWR VTEC conversion kit w/headgasket
new OEM GSR timing belt
new OEM valve cover gasket, intake mani gasket, exhaust mani gasket
new OEM water pump gasket
new OEM cam seals
new OEM VTEC solenoid gasket

Need to find a GSR water pump, and convert the wiring on the distributor to an OBD2 plug. After that, I'm good to go!

So, if anyone has a GSR water pump lying around, let me know.

new OEM water pump on the way (B16/GSR 19 tooth) and also a new boot for the clutch lever. Mine is ripped :(

This is pretty much everything I need to do the conversion. I am hoping to get most if not all of it done this weekend.

Back