Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

New DD
2011-10-30_19-51-21_998.jpg

01 V6. 180k miles. Built a sprinkler system, did some drafting on a bumper for a semi, and helped with an addition on a house over the summer to get it.

Thanks man. I've been enjoying driving it. Fun little car.
I do want to do something different with it when I get out of school, just not sure what yet..

:no:

No graphics, no paint. Leave it a sleeper. If I saw that while walking down the street, I would think oh that's a clean little hatch. Until you started it up and took the fuck off.

Yea, but thats the era it should be left in. lol Only time I like stuff like that is on nostalgia classed race cars and even then I prefer a nice clean solid color. Maybe a two tone. But with a hard accent line. No fades.

I hate fade color on new cars.

Now, if you took my CR-Z and added a darker color on bottom, separated by the hard flame-cut lines of the body, that'd look halfway decent -- But it still wouldn't belong.

Yeah there won't be any changes to the exterior, except putting the OEM bumpers on and maybe a front lip that I have lying around in the shop.

The main thing I want to do is clean the engine and the bay up. I have a few things I'd like to shave out of the bay, and also a few things I'd like to tuck away completely.

In addition to that, I think I'm going to get a new turbo, manifold, and downpipe. I'll probably go with one of those new Garrett GTX turbos, a top mount, and of course a new downpipe. The bottom end is virtually bullet proof now, so I can add some more power for the track and keep the 448whp tune for the street :)

Edit: Oh and one of the rear disc conversions that has been sitting in my shop for over a year now. lol

Last edited:
Awww why'd you delete your posts Steve? lol Now I look like im having a one sided convo. Damn me and my habit of not quoting people.

Awww why'd you delete your posts Steve? lol Now I look like im having a one sided convo. Damn me and my habit of not quoting people.
Why delete? Because they were taken way out of context and misunderstood.
When paint jobs are the topic, and "Fast and Furious" gets overlayed onto my posts, I'm done. When I mention paint, consider Foose, Coddington or West Coast Customs - I don't really have a point of reference to Fast and Furious - somewhat irrellevant - to entertain discussion around "Fast and Furious" and "Rice" comments just doesn't work. ;)

Last edited:
Never heard of coddington. I was just saying it would make it look cheap and ricey. It looks fine just the way it is. Though, it was dark blue before, wasn't it?

And here I thought you had a sense of humor all this time...

Never heard of coddington. I was just saying it would make it look cheap and ricey. It looks fine just the way it is. Though, it was dark blue before, wasn't it?
Nothing cheap and never Ricey - don't go there. The only thing I do with rice is done with chop sticks or in the form of hot saki. ;)

Agreed, it looks great - Matt did a fine job on the hatch.

Last edited:
Back