Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haha, thats a possibility. I like road trips. Me and my buddy (he just sold his Mirage, looking to buy a 2.5RS now) may have to take a trip down there.

And the answer to your question is yes, you should swap a B-Series in there :)

Oh, and updates.
Not alot is new since I have been working on getting the Volvo running correctly with the new boost controller.

As far as the Civic, I have completed the wiring on the killswitches for the fuel pump. I cannot specify where I am hiding them, but I can tell you that a theif will have to have a few hours to find just one of them. Also working on a cut out switch for the clutch as well.

I wouldn't post where they are at either. For real man drive down here. I have been thinking about swapping in a b-series and I have a huge discount on tools now so now would be a good time to do it. And pretty soon here I will have access to a full shop. So you never know. But my priority for my civic right now is just to get running perfect wire vtec, finish my exhaust and enjoy the fruits of my labor for a bit before I go crazy with the car.

Haha, yeah man. Colorado seems cool. Hopefully I can get this thing running soon so I can enjoy it before I head off to college.

Yeah, I'd say you're definately going to be alot happier with the B-Series. Especially if you get something with a little low end grunt (something alot of Honda's lack.)

That is true. Colorado is pretty cool. I do need more low end torque but if it comes down to it I will just throw a smaller turbo setup on it so it hits boost low.

I have a MINT T25 for ya :) also a 12b off my volvo. Both will hit boost very low, 12b needs rebuild though.

T25 is freshly rebuilt.

Updates tomorrow with pics, im too sloshed to post em now.

$100 shipped.

I'll get pics up tonight, its pretty clean.

damn that is a bit steep. Although it was freshly rebuilt. Well either way post pics and I will see whats up with my monetary situation.

Well I do want it. I need pics though. I wanna be able to see whats up as much as possible before I buy it. What all are you gonna include with it?

Ok, I'm still hunting for that stupid camera cable. Once I find it, I'll post pics.

I'll include the complete turbo, wastegate actuator, etc. I gotta check and see what else I have leftover, I accidentally ordered 2 rebuild kits so I think I have some extra stuff lyin around for it. But whatever I have for it is yours.

Updates

Here are some updates. Yes, I finally found the damn camera cable. Anyway, these are somewhat old. I'll take some more tonight after I finish up the interior.

100_0156.jpg

My buddy's hatch is now in the garage for some work.

100_0157.jpg

Two boosted hatches, one garage.

100_0158.jpg

Turbo'd LS-VTEC making 352 whp @ 10 psi Garrett T3
(Go ahead and try to find his hatch.. not registered at the current license plate address)

100_0160.jpg

Bottom end back together.

100_0162.jpg

Look how clean she is!

100_0163.jpg

JE Pistons, Eagle Rods

100_0164.jpg

Fresh after a hone.

100_0165.jpg

The head, patiently waiting for some attention.

100_0166.jpg

Some more work to the bottom end.

The bottom end is all re-assembled now. The engine and tranny are in the car for some mock-up work, I'll post pics tonight.
Thanks for looking.

Wow I feel retarded I thought it was a coupe not a hatch. That is even better!

Oooooo, I didn't know you had a build thread, Matt. Now I'm going to have something good to read. :D

Back