Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philly- Haha, yes its a hatch, I love it to death.

Luis- Yes, its been quite a process. This car has been through alot and its finally becoming what I wanted it to be. :D

Thanks for the link man. I like your hatch, I have always kinda wanted a white one.

I personally dunno what I would do in that situation! Your car is pretty clean and stock. A great starting point. His car is nice looking, also very clean. Its all up to you man, its all about what you want. :thumbsup:

I do want the EG, Matt, but if it does not work out, I need to make myself focus on my EK. If that ends up being the case, you and I will definitely be working out a deal for your parts. After all, I like all of the parts I listed. They'll make mine look almost as pretty as yours. haha

EDIT: Actually, my main focus is my EG sedan which is also white. :D The hatch will most likely become a sweet DD...for the time being...if I can keep my hands off of it, which I doubt. haha

Yeah man thats completely understandable. It took some courage to stay focused on my EK because I had people offering me trades, and cash for my hatch. But I love it, its my first car and it'd be difficult to get rid of it if I ever had to.

OOH, a white EG sedan AND a white EK? Ballin. I love white/black combinations on Civics. Especially with the front and rear lips black, CF Hood, CF trunk, and the roof painted black. Or just the Hood, trunk, and roof painted black. MMMM.

Well, if you cant get ahold of that EG we can work something out on those parts.

haha...you have no idea how many offers I have gotten for my hatch. WOW! My mechanic used to keep it at the junkyard and I would get at least ten calls a week and that is being moderate, of people wanting to buy it. Then he took it to his house and the calls kept on coming. If it were an EG, we would not be having this conversation right now. haha

lmao@ballin. Yeah, I like the color white on cars, especially my cars. :D I agree on the white/black combinations.

Believe me, if the deal falls through, I have the utmost faith that we will work something out on those parts. :thumbsup:

Haha, thats funny man. It is becoming a little harder to find clean EG's and EK's. They are getting somewhat old.. and a lot of people don't take care of them.

Haha, yeah man. I am also thinking about selling my rims, in favor of some GSR fat fives. I just like the OEM look for my hatchy. Keep it stock looking, but mean under the hood. :D

I've been friends with the girl that owned this one since she bought it seven years ago. The story with it is that she had the transmission replaced by my mechanic, along with the water pump, tensioners, valve cover seal, grommets...etc. etc. and then the tranny died. So, she gave up on it. I swept it up from underneath her, chucked the automatic transmission which was shit anyways, took the tranny off my EG, put it on the EK, upgraded the EG's tranny to an Si, replaced every freakin' seal on the Y7, including the head gasket....*catches breath* and yeah, now she regrets selling it. haha

:orly: Those are nice rims. What size are they?

EDIT: Not that it really matters now, but the timing belt had also been replaced. :ph34r:

Last edited:
The plug on the back of the intake manifold points down. Round plug, points down. It has two wires on the LS harness, but three wires on the D16 harness. What do I do here? Some sort of conversion I need to make? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What d16 engine did you have before? I'll bet that's the IACV plug. You'll need to convert it to a two-wire for your new engine. If you don't have the plug, go to a junkyard and get one. Or you can just go without it if you don't mind a screwed up idle. (I went without an IACV for about 4 months Feb-Jun.)

More than you ever wanted to know about the Honda IACV - GasSavers.org - Fuel Efficiency, Save Gas and Gas Mileage Forum

https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/obd2-obd1-iacv-fix-3-wire-2-wire-47169/

EDIT: Wow, I feel like a moron. I didn't notice that this thread was 6 pages long. So yeah... I'm guessing you figured it out. :D

Luis- Haha, good story man. Its funny what a little work will do to the condition of a car. :)
Those rims are 16" Motegi MR7's, I do like them but I want something new. Brand new 205/45/16 BFGoodrich tires. Bleh.

philly- the parts I have for sale in my FS thread..

awptickles- Yeah you're a little late. :D naw but it took me almost 4 months to figure out that the wiring conversion was the problem. So you did answer correctly. :)

Correct!

NOOOOOOOOOO! That would be a total waste of money. Freight is designed for things over 150lbs., at least at UPS they are. Stick with the post office when you get the quote. I THINK you can guestimate and get a quote on their site. I know that UPS and FedEx allow that.

Yes you can get a quote, I'll try it in a second. I'm going to estimate 120 lbs for the whole thing, to be safe.

For all four of them? *raises eyebrow* Now you have my attention. :D

I'm so jealous right now! I've wanted to do an LS swap with my ek! If not LS, then a B20. Any difference on swapping out a D for a B20 instead of an LS?

I'm so jealous right now! I've wanted to do an LS swap with my ek! If not LS, then a B20. Any difference on swapping out a D for a B20 instead of an LS?

Nope, no difference at all! Its a pretty straightforward swap.

Back