Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey matt if you have any more broken bolts a welder comes in handy, i own an honda/acura repair shop & use welder 95% of time to remove bolts. just build up some material, slide nut on material & weld, then remove with socket or wrench..the only time this method dont work is if something is cross threaded..

Yeah I have a welder, but I just couldn't get to the bolt since it snapped off so far inside the block.

matt also nice projects you got going, had 01 acd v6 with 315000 + miles when i sold to customer of mine & its still going, they are using it for pilot car behind big rigs..also we are doing swap on 97 civ ex 5 speed installing a 93gsrjdm motor, would love to see that civ you got going..have a good holidays..

Well, the car is sold. I found a good home for it and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I'd like to thank everyone on HondaSwap that has helped me with building this car. I learned a lot about cars, machining, fabrication, etc. but most importantly this build taught me a lot about myself.

Well, the car is sold. I found a good home for it and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I'd like to thank everyone on HondaSwap that has helped me with building this car. I learned a lot about cars, machining, fabrication, etc. but most importantly this build taught me a lot about myself.

How dare you...

I know, I know. It was time for it to go though. On a better note it sounds like my dad and i will be starting on the restoration of the 69 mustang fastback this fall.

It is. We are in the process of figuring out if it's a GT or not. My dad really wants to do a resto-mod, but if it is in fact a GT, we will have to stick to a standard restoration simply because of the car's value after the restoration.

Costs more to do a true to factory form restoration than theyre worth most the time. And way bigger hassle. If you cant tell what it is now Im guessing thats the case. You'd have to use so many repopped parts that the value might not even be there. :shrug2:

Modern drive train resto mod. That's what I'd do. ;)

Costs more to do a true to factory form restoration than theyre worth most the time. And way bigger hassle. If you cant tell what it is now Im guessing thats the case. You'd have to use so many repopped parts that the value might not even be there. :shrug2:

Modern drive train resto mod. That's what I'd do. ;)

That's what I'd do too, but the old man has some carb'd engine that he just has to have in there :shrug2: It sounds like I'll be getting my hands on the 56 f100 as my project after school. I have biiiig plans for it :)

Now thats something else I can get behind. :thumbsup:

Btw, getting the hatch tuesday. Pulled my drop out yesterday. Gutted the interior and some chassis components today. Hoping to have it all swapped by the weekend. :D

Now thats something else I can get behind. :thumbsup:

Btw, getting the hatch tuesday. Pulled my drop out yesterday. Gutted the interior and some chassis components today. Hoping to have it all swapped by the weekend. :D
I want a S/C'ed or TT 5.4 in there :D

Reading > me. Just asked if you got it in the PM I sent :lol: That's good though, it'll be a fun commuter for sure. Make sure you take the e-brake cable.. went to do a rear disc conversion on my hatch and figured out those things are a bitch to find (in town at least).
Sad to hear the hatch is gone. Getting old sucks:)
I'll certainly miss the car, but it definitely won't be my last build :)

Yea Im taking everything. Haha This car is basically gonna be a CX-Si.

Just figured out I didn't post this here.. this is the day I sold it

858378_4970501393054_789860432_o.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
Back