Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm jacking the thread just to laugh. thanks, i needed that after the day i had.

i was ready to attack a kindergarten class with a 2x4 with a nail at the end.

more pics on ek project.

Haha sounds pretty lethal, 2x4 on a kindergartener, how sad.

jdm-dro- Thanks, I hope it will be.. New pics as soon as the desktop is up and running..

Bump for new pics. awptickles: here's some close ups of that gauge pod.
100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

100_0432.jpg

100_0433.jpg

100_0435.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0440.jpg

100_0441.jpg

Still working on the spots that need fill. There wont be any rear wiper, so thats getting shaved. Along with the antenna hole. Everything else will go back as it was stock.

you should make it a sleeper and relocate that guage pod to the center console. And hide the intercooler somewhat....like paint it flat black and leave the little black plastic slats attached to the bumper in front of the ic. total sleeper.

great pics. to hell with anyone that disagrees...

except however in my own personal opinion that unconforms me with conformists(them damn high schoolers trying to find a non confromist conformity group lol) the a-pillar gauges. large tachs for example(referenced to fast and the furious) arent necessary if you have a tach in your inst. panel. if you have one, leave it. if you're into tuning, leave tape or a mark, forget the redline. but these additional gauge pods on the panel are great. as long as their functional. when you take a stock z31 nissan and spank a stratus r/t who claims he has a 6G73 tt swap and the 'gauges are there to prove it,' it makes you look like an ass if ones a volt meter and the other an indiglow clock.

not saying yours are indildo clocks buck still. keep everything out of view so only you know whats going on. just you. its not the other guys business if he'll end up in the rear view mirror anyway.

Whoa Matt! Your rims...I can't say anything yet, but they look like others I have seen in person. Mmmm, nice.Are those seventeens? I'm very happy to see that the car is coming along. Someday my hatch will be there as well, someday.

Subzero- Oh they are functional. The one on the a pillar is boost. The one on the left of the console is air/fuel, and the other is oil pressure. I didn't know where else to put that gauge on the pillar. So i left it there. Figured it'd be less obvious than the three going up the pillar.

Luis- They are 16's :) I love em, but I want gsr fat fives or ls meshies painted.

I forgot to ask you before, where did you get your console pod cluster holder Idon'tknowwhyIcan'tthinkwhatthestupidthingiscalled thingy? I need something like that, since I won't have a tach on mine one, and two, I don't want one of those big ass tachs in my freakin' car that screams "WOOOOOOOOOO, STEAL ME! I'M WORTH IT!" Been through too much in getting my car stolen years ago and don't want to go through it again.

I want 13 tachs... 13 awesome ways to know when I need to shift gears... 13 awesome ways to show 'em my whip is hardcore!

**Attention*** If you're taking this seriously, you're a statistic and I recommend consumption of bleach by mouth.

philly- the Volvo will be getting a new engine and a T3 setup when I am done with the Civic.

Luis- Haha, I got it from Glowshift, a company on ebay. look for Civic gauge pod, and you'll find it.

Subzero- Haha, your post reminds me of what I saw yesterday.. an eclipse that was all done up like the one from the fast and the furious. Flameerrrr

fast and furious hero cars cause diseases. skylines dont end up in louisiana desert joe mama's used auto emporium (funny how it looked like a post disaster and hurricane katrina wiped that sucker out!) and then replaced with evo's(fun fact: producers were looking for a car that was a popular demand but rare and they chose the evo over the R34. back to the funbash!)

street race videos you buy for $9.99 suck anymore too. there's more stripping in the videos than racing. you see more t&a than you do at the clubs! but hey, its 10 bucks plus like another 10 for beer. its better than paying $60+ at Fantasies(if some here might be from MD) watching girls take their clothes off and then seeing whipped up imports in the parking lot!

yes. i said 'whipped up.' better than saying 'fast and the furious was the most legitimate and awesome auto action flick i have ever seen! carry on...

wow that was a hard post for me to follow. maybe its just been a long day.

but as for the volvo thats sick. a guy down the street from me has a 400 whp volvo its pretty sweet. you will have to do another build thread when you swap the motor in that thing.

Subzero- yea the strippers here in spokane are scary lol..

philly- i will def. post up a build thread. should be a little power too since the stock red block is good to 400 whp

Hey Matt, thanks for the Glowshift info. I figure that if I keep drinking my milk and buy the same gauge pod I can be just like you when I grow up. :D

EDIT: Now then, if I could only find the stupid thing, I'd be in much better shape...along with a tach to fit in it. :doh:

Last edited:
aren't some of the volvo motors forged from the factory to help survive under the added stress of boost for a longer period of time?

Definately Insane. But I can't wait to see that build. a wagon pushing even close to that horsepower would be funny as hell.

I'm getting that gauge pod, but I'm going to buy the autometer one. I don't like the way that one's texture looks.

Luis: Take a look at the gauge company's gauges I just bought.

EDIT: Hrm, the autometer one looks exactly the same as the obx, and glowshift one. I don't like how it covers part of the tach.

Last edited:
Back