Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol, F-Body = Camraro/Firebird.

5 speed GT's will turn low 14's outa the box, but atuo F-Bodies with turn mid 13's outa the box. Intake and headers will put you in high 12's, again with an auto. Nitrous can get you into the low 12's. Still, at this point, the worst youve done is replace the intake manifold with another stock one. That is, if the car is '98-00' if its 01/02 you dont even hafta do that. And its still dead nuts reliable too. All for maybe 11k, maybe.

So are you talking about your basic Camaro Z28? or Z28SS? Im fairly unfamiliar with Chevy's.

So are you talking about your basic Camaro Z28? or Z28SS? Im fairly unfamiliar with Chevy's.

Yup, any '98-'02 Z28 or SS, or Pontiac Trans Am or Formula. Theyre the same thing with different bumpers lol. Auto or stick, doesnt matter. 6 speeds do put more on the ground though.

Yup, any '98-'02 Z28 or SS, or Pontiac Trans Am or Formula. Theyre the same thing with different bumpers lol. Auto or stick, doesnt matter. 6 speeds do put more on the ground though.

Alright, I'll prolly take a peak at some Camaros then too.

As for the Civic, I've finally figured out cutting/buffing. And I mean for real this time. I let my car sit out in the sun for a few hours today, and then went at it. The car was hot so the clearcoat was nice and soft, I was able to get it looking really good (well, the hatch and driver's side quarter panel at least). It looks EXCELLENT. The paint has so much depth, and it is such a cool color, I'm really happy with the way the paint turned out. I'll post pics tomorrow after I get some stuff done (day off).

^Word, I've been doing some reading and they do seem to be a pretty productive motor with little work.

An update on the Civic. I ordered a new intercooler, dumptube, and some new couplers (for the new intercooler).

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to do some modding to get this FMIC to fit, and there's going to be no hiding it. Oh well, the little one before just wasn't going to be enough. It's only rated at ~300whp, and I'll certainly be passing that by. Pics when I get it (if I can ever get time lol)

man a lot of people lately are running those mishimoto products. How much did that meth injection kit cost you?

<---Waiting for the pics!

About the F-bodies, you wanna get an LS1 if you can. More power in a lighter package,and they respond better to mods.

maybe an s2k i was looking at them and there are some near the 9-11k range on ebay. idk what they would be here otherwise. looks like your set on muscle though. just though id share. convertible would be te kewl.

man a lot of people lately are running those mishimoto products. How much did that meth injection kit cost you?
I believe it was 200$ shipped or somewhere around there... not too bad. Mishimoto is a great product for the price. Ive seen a few of their intercoolers and radiators running on cars around town. Nice stuff.
<---Waiting for the pics!

About the F-bodies, you wanna get an LS1 if you can. More power in a lighter package,and they respond better to mods.
Ill take that into consideration, thanks for the help!
maybe an s2k i was looking at them and there are some near the 9-11k range on ebay. idk what they would be here otherwise. looks like your set on muscle though. just though id share. convertible would be te kewl.
An s2k would be sick, but i wonder wat insurance would be like?

Who cares what insurance would cost... You'd save all that money by having killer gas mileage.

Plus 240ish hp on a car that small and light, you'll be set. And still you'll have dd that can whoop.

idk couldn't be TOO more than a mustang gt or cobra. u have a good record too. idk though.... maybe something to look into . they are haught. and yea would just be gas money. deep dish rimzzzz plz.

Last edited:
Haha, the Accord was fighting me for awhile too. The main relay was going haywire. Wouldn't start in hot weather. Had to wait a week for the part to get here, and fixed that.

If all goes well, I'll find my way into the driver's seat of a 99-04 Mustang GT as a daily driver by the end of summer.. Either that or a WRX/Impreza of some sort. Right around in the 10k range is where I'm looking.

02-03 Nissan Maxima. They are right in your price range, 260 hp vq35, 6 speed, low 14's stock. All in roomy, quiet, and reliable package.

My dad got his in Sacramento for $13,000 and out of a dealer. We tried to buy private but the guys were dicks.

Who cares what insurance would cost... You'd save all that money by having killer gas mileage.

Plus 240ish hp on a car that small and light, you'll be set. And still you'll have dd that can whoop.
This is true, it just might be doable.. ill see what I can find
idk couldn't be TOO more than a mustang gt or cobra. u have a good record too. idk though.... maybe something to look into . they are haught. and yea would just be gas money. deep dish rimzzzz plz.
Yea the thought of deep dishs on a s2k= sex
02-03 Nissan Maxima. They are right in your price range, 260 hp vq35, 6 speed, low 14's stock. All in roomy, quiet, and reliable package.
Thats something to think about too.. hmm..
An S2K would be bad ass!
oh yes it would.. sideways everywhere! :p
I have been looking at S2000s, something to look at in 2 years when the civic is paid off.
I dont have a car payment as of right now.. so we'll see :D
My dad got his in Sacramento for $13,000 and out of a dealer. We tried to buy private but the guys were dicks.
13k is too much but if I could find a used one for 10-11k I'd probably do it
matt i think you know what you must do know. it has been decided.i really want one as well.:p
lol yeah I just might do it.. whoi knows

going to look at a foxbody GT350 right now..

and the civic.. the head needs machine work for the springs to work so I'm getting that done.

Back