Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A celica can get a speeding ticket parked.

And fuck the lexus. No pictures of damage... Fuck that.

lmao then you and jliv can me maxima buddies. pretty sure hes getting one some time soon. yea it would prolly be an out of area purchase with th s2k in ur price range.

Eh, If I do buy a new car it will be something completely stock. The last thing I need is another project honestly lol

Eh, If I do buy a new car it will be something completely stock. The last thing I need is another project honestly lol

That's one of the reasons I bought the Fit. I needed something reliable, mildly entertaining, and got good mileage.

New front mount.. no more sleeper status :ph34r:

Comparison
IMAG0071.jpg

Mounted
IMAG0072.jpg

Bumper cutout
IMAG0073.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I needed this one to support my power goal, plus the other intercooler wasn't really keeping the IAT's down :huh:

I say you flat black it anyway.
I would, but rockchips FTL. I'm prolly gonna have to have it powdercoated or something. I don't like how it looks right now, I think it screams "kick me" but function >form.
Geez that new intercooler is HUGE.
I know, it looks a lot bigger on the car than I thought it was going to. I could still notch out some more bumper underneath and around the license plate area too.. but I think that'd be overkill.

If you do decide to paint it, use ONE LIGHT coat of flat black. the more paint, the more thermal conductivity you lose. If you get a few chips, it takes 2 seconds to touch up.

Powdercoating, you may as well cover it with a piece of cardboard. Bad idea.

im a noob with this turbo shit but i thought a bigger i/c made the turbo spool slower?

im a noob with this turbo shit but i thought a bigger i/c made the turbo spool slower?

Yes, but the power trade-off would be worth it.

More volume on the pressurized side = takes longer to pressurize that space. BUT, because you're dropping the temperature (and thus the pressure) of the air coming through the intercooler, you will make more power because the air is colder.

Note that that only works that way if you've already reached the limit of a smaller intercooler.

BUT, because you're dropping the temperature (and thus the pressure) of the air coming through the intercooler, you will make more power because the air is colder.

The pressure doesn't drop, it just takes slightly longer to build.

It's going to reach a pressure designated by the wastegate unless the turbo is maxed out. The hotter air will be at that pressure sooner, because it is expanded. Once it cools, the pressure drops, but the wastegate takes longer to open, so you net the same pressure. His boost gauge will read the same, It will just take slightly longer to reach that pressure level.

I think we're talking about different things. I'm talking that there's no physical way to not have air decrease temperature without also decreasing pressure.

Yeah, in a turbo system, the turbo just moves a little more air, and nobody notices. :p

^Haha. Yeah I was already maxing out the intercooler. I saw a pretty hefty rise in IAT's under boost which made me somewhat nervous, and we were only tuning on 8psi on the street. I am figuring that it'll take ~15-18psi to reach my goal depending on the quality of the tune that is laid down.

Last edited:
Back